Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver frowned and took out the knife, looking at it for a few moments. "Well, I know you have to... kinda stab and slash and stuff."

He shrugged. "I guess I could use a little training, if it'll help."

• Brohoof 1

"Okay, I can't do much with my leg being like this, but I can show you the basics." Jenna said and proceeded to get one of the throwing knifes to herself. "Hold it like this..." she showed and example with her knife, she then proceeded to show how to hit different parts of the body from different positions, repeating the same movement every time until it seemed like Oliver got hang of said move before proceeding to the next move.. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and followed Jenna's instruction, holding the knife like she demonstrated, and followed her striking motions.

He seemed to get the hang of it quickly, but he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.

• Brohoof 1

This lasted for some time, as there was quite many moves to go through, since Jenna was going through any possible position and situation she could come up in the spot, but eventually it ended, though this didn't mean the training was over. "Now that you know how to use the knife, we'll need to go through how to keep it that you can use it, or in other word, how to try to avoid disarming." she moved in  front of Dynamo, and with movement that was too quick to be followed she disarmed him and took his knife "I remember showing you how the disarming worked, but if I remember wrong, it's like this..." he gave the knife back to Oliver and slowly showed the disarming move "Now...firstly, there's no way to block it, so you need to make sure there is no chance for your opponent to even try to disarm you, so watch and repeat..." she then showed him some ways to make sure he didn't get disarmed, but she also reminded him that none of these were perfect, and that the best defense was to avoid fighting.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver was surprised by how quickly Jenna disarmed him, but was grateful for her showing him how to do it. He had a feeling he'd need it soon.

He kept watching and repeating what she did, in hopes of getting the hang of it faster.

• Brohoof 1

It was around mid-evening when all the training was over "That's all I'll show today, keep everything in mind and practice them when you feel like it." she hopped to her backpack "But now you should probably drink some water." she took out bottle of water and drank some water. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and took the bottle, drinking from it. After all that training, he needed a drink.

"Thanks for doing that for me," he said, smiling at Jenna. "I just hope I don't have to use any of it."

• Brohoof 1

"I hope so too." Jenna agreed "Fighting is one of those skills that is good to have but is hopefully never used." she took her backpack and hopped to the kitchen, dropping it on the floor "This is where we sleep, feel free to lay down when you feel like it, there's no more to do for today." she stayed up for now, leaning on the kitchen counter near her backpack.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and followed after Jenna to the kitchen. He didn't like the makeshift sleeping arrangements, but he made sure not to make it aware to her. She was doing her best after all, especially with a bad leg.

He looked at her leaning on the counter. "Do you need help laying down?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shook her head and turned to look out of the window "No, I can manage, I just don't feel like laying down yet, though, if you can't get rest before I too lay down, I can do so."  she was quiet for a moment "And I'm sorry you need to sleep like this, I know it's probably very uncomfortable for you, but I promise I will do my best to get better conditions from now on." 

• Brohoof 1

"No, it's alright," Oliver assured, leaning against Jenna to give her support. "We'll do what we can with what we have."

He smiled at her. "I'll wait till you want to rest and help you down. I know it'll be hard for you."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna was quiet for a moment, she then suddenly without saying anything took support from Oliver and lowered herself to a sitting position on the floor, then pulling Oliver down with her if he didn't sit down out of his own verdict, then leaning against him. "I'm not sure if I'll be able to rest, I'm scared Oliver." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver sat down beside Jenna, letting her lean against him as they got comfortable. He frowned at her confession and held her closer to him.

"So am I," he admitted. "But you're strong, we'll get through this."

• Brohoof 1

"I know, I'm not supposed to be scared." Jenna said quietly "This situation is normal to me, and not only that, I already dealt with two Vipers, I should feel proud and confident...." she curled up against Oliver, or at least she did as much as her leg allowed her to, since the self-made splint kept it straight "...but all I feel is fear." 

• Brohoof 1

"It's okay to be scared," Oliver assured her, putting his arms around her and petting her hair. "I'm sure even dragons can feel fear. It's a normal emotion."

He smiled down at her. "But I won't let anything happen to you."

• Brohoof 1

"We do feel fear, but it's only supposed to happen when we are in presence of more powerful dragon, and even then you need to act like it's not there." Jenna said, more to herself than Oliver, then falling quiet for a some time before continuing "...or at least that's what they told me, again, and again, and again..." "Is it really okay? You don't mind that the one who's supposed to protect you is scared themselves?" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at what Jenna was supposedly told, and stroked her hair some more. "That sounds really controlling, more than anything."

He smiled at her. "Of course I don't. I'm scared too, so it wouldn't be fair of me to say you can't be either. Besides, we can take turns defending each other," he joked.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna stayed quiet, and due to her being curled up against Oliver, there wasn't any expressions to be seen, thus it was hard to tell how she reacted to Oliver's words, but she did press herself harder against him, so it was safe to assume that she was feeling comfortable in her current location.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver kept his arms around Jenna, holding her close to him. He wanted her to be sure that she was safe around him, and she was. He had no intention of turning her in to save himself.

"Just take a few deep breaths," he suggested.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna followed Oliver's suggestion and took deep breaths, still staying curled in "Thank you, that calmed me down a bit, why didn't I know about that earlier." her voice was unusually tame, making her sound rather vulnerable compared to her usual self, she looked up towards Oliver, her expression made her look lot more like a normal helpless human girl than a dragon in a disguise that had taken down two killers "You are incredible at making me feel comfortable and relaxed, I don't know how you do it, but please never stop." there was bit of humor in her tone, but it wasn't hard to tell that she was still feeling scared.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna just smiled at the joke staying quiet, until after some moments she spoke again, sounding more relaxed "So, do you want to lay down or do we try to sleep like this?" "Don't get me wrong, I love being like this, but what about you?" 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"It doesn't really matter to me other than that I'd prefer being able to stay close to you, my kind has evolved to sleep in cold caves on top of treasure and stone, so we can sleep standing on our heads as far as my comfort is concerned." the latter part was a joke of course, but she did really mean it that id didn't really matter to her "But knowing you, you will probably insist that I'll choose, so it may be better to be laying down as that way we are more hidden and we may even avoid getting back pains." human body was awful in the sense that wrong sleeping position many times caused pain.

• Brohoof 1

"I don't think sleeping on your head would help you right now," Oliver joked, smiling at Jenna. But he did agree laying down would probably be more beneficial.

And so, he carefully helped her lay down next to him, letting her take any position she wanted.