Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite DnD Race?

StandardDeviation

Woooo Dungeons and Dragons!!!

Me and some friends are doing a one-off tonight and it made me think of starting a thread.

Your fave doesn't have to be one of the traditional races

For example my favorite race is Aasimar
My very first character for DnD was an Aasimar named Andryn Alserym
I still use her c:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played D&D for years, so I'm not very familiar with some of the races that are in it now. So I looked up some of the newer ones. I must say I liked the Changeling. If I was still playing, I'd love to be one of those. Back in the day, I used to play a Fighter, renamed Warrior in later editions, but that doesn't really suit my personality at all. In retrospect I should have been a Thief.

But as far as races in general, I always liked Kobolds, and I remember Wyverns were my favorite dragon race. 

• Brohoof 2

Hobbits were in the original, before TSR got a cease and desist. 2nd edition (the best edition) had The Complete Book Of Humanoids which statted many monsters. Basic D&D had a lot of other playable races. But for standard I choose human.

Edited by Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A said:

Hobbits were in the original, before TSR got a cease and desist. 2nd edition (the best edition) had The Complete Book Of Humanoids which statted many monsters. Basic D&D had a lot of other playable races. But for standard I choose human.

2nd edition is still the only edition I'm familiar with :blush:

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A said:

Don't be sad, it is the best. Non human races had level caps. I don't know if that is true in later editions.

Perhaps it's the best, but nopony plays it anymore. I should think about learning 5th edition and join a group at a comic store (or other geek store).

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

Perhaps it's the best, but nopony plays it anymore. I should think about learning 5th edition and join a group at a comic store (or other geek store).

I am biased, but I would go with Pathfinder. Then you can play Ponyfinder. I dont play Pathfinder but I have the Ponyfinder books.

I have actually been reading old Judge's Guild material from the 1970s. I love old D&D.

I've always wanted to play DnD but I've always been too shy to really go out and play(not like there's much options in my town), I think if I were given the chance, I'd play as a centaur.  That would be great!

• Brohoof 1

I play them all because, most often, I'm the Dungeon Master!  I guess I really don't have a favorite, but I really like watching folks play who do.  Those kinds of PCs (Player Characters) tend to be the most excited to play their characters.  For me, that has always been fun to be a part of.  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

Oh!  I almost forgot!  @Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A The level limitations for non-humans is no longer a thing (they took that out at D&D 3.0 back around the turn of the century).  

On 9/3/2018 at 2:30 PM, Methuselah said:

@Methuselah 5th Edition is easy to learn, but somewhat limited in scope.  Pathfinder 1.0 is a little less easy to learn, but has more options and deeper characterization in the long run.  Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest (currently free on pdf) is, in my mind, a mix of both!  My current group is getting ready to give it a shot once I have everything readied-up.  =)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A said:

@Thuja get the book and learn. 

Actually, I have the book.  I collect various Pen and Paper game core rule books.  I think I have 8 already?  Just don't have anyone to play with

3 hours ago, Thuja said:

Actually, I have the book.  I collect various Pen and Paper game core rule books.  I think I have 8 already?  Just don't have anyone to play with

I would suggest www.meetup.com to find a D&D group.  That is how I eventually found one after I moved from Orlando to D.C.  Alternatively you could always play a D&D game online through something like Roll20 if you have some online friends willing to try to play the game.  Either way might take some time though.

There also might be some Brony based groups around.  D&D is popular enough with Bronies that it has been ponified.