Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook

Justin_Case001

Maybe it's overkill to make a whole thread on this, but I am so excited about this that I want it to get visibility.

I recently bought the Wonderbolts Academy Handbook, and it is amazing.

873796650_WonderboltsHandbook.jpg.e3886b539a7dbede6dd7f006629f9747.jpg

This book is, in my opinion, the single best piece of MLP merch that Hasbro ever created. It speaks volumes about the quality of this franchise that they would take so much time and effort to create such a detailed book about such a specific little bit of the pony universe. The book maintains in-universe context at all times, as if the academy is real. They are great about maintaining pony-speak by using terms such as "sportsponyship". There's so much fun and detailed information about the academy. It makes it feel very real and genuine.  To make it more fun, it was written as though it was the actual copy owned by Rainbow Dash.  It's full of hoof-written notes in the margins by Rainbow, which is such a nice touch, and makes it extra special. There are so many great surprises, such as Rainbow's personal academy journal, and many others that I won't spoil.

The best part, and the reason I think it's the best merch Hasbro has ever made, is the fact that the information and lessons in this book go so much farther than just being a fun read. The book is broken up into lessons on how to succeed and excel at the academy, and it is abundantly clear that the writers wanted these lessons to be much more than just an entertaining bit of pony fun. The lessons are incredibly valuable, and kids can learn a lot from them. Hell, adults can learn a lot. There is so much value to take away from this book that can help anyone at any age in any aspect of their lives. I was impressed and inspired by the quality of the lessons and writing. I think that every child should read this book, whether they have any interest in Pony or not.

I cannot recommend this book enough.  Do yourself a favor and buy it right now.  (Hasbro is not sponsoring this post.  :P:laugh:)

This is an absolute must-have for any fan. I only have one quibble. They made one little mistake--it should have been called "The Wonderbolts Academy Hoofbook."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 7:21 PM, Midnight Solace said:

@Justin_Case001 Bought the book today because of this thread. :-P

You have no idea how happy that makes me.  You just made my day!  And it's been a lousy day because the Warframe servers are experiencing problems and I can't download the update.  :baconmane:  (Aren't first world problems great?!  Seriously, though, I'm grateful that that's my biggest problem today.)  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did!  :)

• Brohoof 1