Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Ogres and Oubliettes

Discord

Gale has abandoned her hideout and was following the oblivious dragon. The bandits have been routed, but her target remained compromised. This rampage had to be contained, yet it didn't look like the gathered onlookers were going to provide a solution. However, they could provide a distraction. She reached for her ice bow and nocked an arrow.

An opening was presented when some goof flashed a light-based spell towards the dragon's face. She drew, she aimed, she shot her first arrow into a cloud above the crowd. Then she began her dive. Surrounded by the familiar whistling of the wind, she placed another arrow onto the bowstring.

@Spike First aim: middle part of the right wing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Blu hears a whistling noise in the air and looks up. A pony is falling out of the sky? She thinks to herself.

"Well Mister Solaire, we need to take out that dragon to save Shmarity. Do you have any other tricks up your sleeve?"

Blu looks up again, they were almost to the ground. She brightens up with a new idea and turns to the dragon and steadies her horn. "Hope this works!" She says as she casts another beam of magic, this time at the dragon's wing.

Both magic and arrow hit almost in sync and the dragon roars in pain.

Blu gets a face of excitement, changing to worry. "I hope that changeling is okay." 

"PRAISE THE SUN" Solaire yells, this time not shooting a beam of light.

Edited by Nye
  • Brohoof 1

C. Will turned himself into a small piece of fireproof armor that would stay hitched to the dragon for a while and would wait and see how things played out.

(Well, I'm pausing for now but you guys keep going and I'll watch. Have fun)

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Nye said:

Blu hears a whistling noise in the air and looks up. A pony is falling out of the sky? She thinks to herself.

"Well Mister Solaire, we need to take out that dragon to save Shmarity. Do you have any other tricks up your sleeve?"

Blu looks up again, they were almost to the ground. She brightens up with a new idea and turns to the dragon and steadies her horn. "Hope this works!" She says as she casts another beam of magic, this time at the dragon's wing.

Both magic and arrow hit almost in sync and the dragon roars in pain.

Blu gets a face of excitement, changing to worry. "I hope that changeling is okay." 

"PRAISE THE SUN" Solaire yells, this time not shooting a beam of light.

(sorry I should be more specific, he's a Pegasus) 

Solaire awed as Blu shoots a magic beam at the dragon.

"Why yes I have more tricks, that was just an distraction"  Say, you go on ahead and continue beaming at it and try to find its weakness. While I go and distract him"

He charges at the dragon with a sword tie on his hooves as he swooshed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The pegasus in the sky lands, a circle of dust shoots into the air around her. She looks up at the dragon, never acknowledging the unicorn in awe.

"Wow, you're so awesome! Did you shoot that arrow earlier? I swear it did almost the same amount of damage as my magic blast! What did you use? Where are you from? You are a griffin!" 

Blu's distraction made Gale's eyes roll and she simply motioned to the dragon that was still alive and causing panic.

Blu felt embarrassed for losing focus. "Oh right! Heh heh." She turns to the dragon and prepares another spell. Gale draws her bow.

@Goat-kun

Edited by Nye

A voice echo through the space 

This adventure will continue tomorrow with the third installment. 

Until then battle onward toward the evil Squizard and fair Schmarity.

Best of luck adventurers. 

@Nye The shining sun and clouds of dust were playing tricks on the unicorn's eyes. The one standing before her was not a pegasus but a griffin.

Gale lands, but only for a moment. The ice on the dragon's wing was beginning to form a thick sheet of ice, impeding his movement. She motions to the sky and shouts: "Everyone, get out of the way!" The first arrow did its job and turned the cloud above into a sky-born iceberg that has begun to fall towards the distracted dragon.

• Brohoof 1

Physalis was now ready to face the beast, others had already gathered around it, trying to fight him, she even spotted one of her former subjects witch just fueled her anger even more, but raw power was not her way, oh no, deception was, and she was the best at it, so she just acted as Smarity probably would
"This havoc has ruined my beautiful mane! @Spike stop it this instant!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Solaire stepped back and witness as the others are trying to take the purple dragon down. ("It's time to switch gear") He thought. He raise his right hooves and concentrate. His hooves begin to glow and with that he enhanced his sword with magic, and become a great magic sword. He swoosh as he land a hit on the dragon. The dragon tries to land a hit on him, he did his best to dodge. The dragon blew fire and the fire hit on of his wing.

"Ugh!" As he fall back. *take a sip from a Estus  flask* His wing felt better again. He resume into the battle. 

Edited by TBD

The dragon, distracted by the ponies and Griffin below, does not notice the hurling block of ice about hit it.

Blu almost had her spell ready. "That Griffin's bow sure is powerful." It looked like they would be forming another unintentional combo attack.

At a last minute decision, Blu redirects her magic so that it will hit the glacier. The glacier doesn't shift at first, but begins to glow as it falls.

"It worked! We've got the dragon for sure now!"

Physalis had suffered defeat in the past, but this was different, infuriating, even when defeated, she was always the center of attention, being ignored was not something she was used to, then again, it was Smarity they were ignoring, she tried to keep her calm to not break the illusion, she knew dragons were very possesive, and teritorial creatures, so her next step was simple, let's see if you can ignore that she thought as she started trotting to where the bandids were, then screaming for help once near enough "Help! Spike, those ruffians are after me" she even tripped on a rock to add to the effect and drama

OK, everypony ready for the final awesome battle?

The evil squizard appears before you. He holds the beautiful Schmairty bound while his skeleton henchponies block the way before you. How will you save the day?

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

The evil squizard appears before you. He holds the beautiful Schmairty bound while his skeleton henchponies block the way before you. How will you save the day?

If the heroes need a distraction for the dragon, C. Will would be happy to help whoever called out for a distraction.

oh no! Physalis was sure this would work, but then the real schmarity had to show up, great!
well.. she had acompliced what she came here to do, Starblight will not know it was her doing, but her kites were still converted in toothpicks, and Spike might have gotten away with that honor, but he'll get his from Starblight once she found them, so it was all in all a success if not her most glorious of campaigns, she decided it was time to withdraw and plan her next step in taking her revenge, it was about time she dealt with that Treacherous Phorax, she'll make an example of him and her subjects will come flocking back, begging for forgiveness, oh it would be ever so sweet
her reverie got interupted, the had forgotten about the bandits comming her way, and even lost concetration and blew her cover, after a sound beating, she barely managed to escape, she counted her holes to make sure no new ones were added, they will pay for this, everyone will pay!
eventually..

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The evil squizard appears before you.

(I'm sorry but I can't help it.)

spongebob.jpg.14e179f94eb11f0c07342dc4e53bed92.jpg

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Solarie feels outmatched but with all the others, now it's not the time to feel discourage.

@Will Guide "C.Will, Blu, and Gale  go on and distract the dragon and the rest of us, me and Physalis  will take care of this. " 

Getting his shield ready and sword, he charge toward the Hench ponies. 

"FOR PRINCESS CELESTRIA!"

19 minutes ago, TBD said:

(I'm sorry but I can't help it.)

spongebob.jpg.14e179f94eb11f0c07342dc4e53bed92.jpg

Solarie feels outmatched but with all the others, now it's not the time to feel discourage.

@Will Guide "C.Will, Blu, and Gale  go on and distract the dragon and the rest of us, me and Physalis  will take care of this. " 

Getting his shield ready and sword, he charge toward the Hench ponies. 

"FOR PRINCESS CELESTRIA!"

C. Will turned back into a Changeling and flew around to distract the dragon. This time he was more ready and able to dodge any counterattacks from the dragon.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

He watches as C. Will fly over to the dragon and raise his sword for him. He turns and beginning slashing *cardboard* Henchponies. Some attack him from side to side as he try to dodge most the blow. He have to be careful...for he only have one Estus flask left. He took a deep breath and beginning to focus. 

"AAH HAH!"

He unlashed the black serpent as it knocked down more than one henchponies. That spell took most of his energy but yet he fought on.

@Will Guide

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

It was a curious side effect of unicorn magic: the growing shadow of the falling iceberg has vanished due to its shimmering glow. In fact, it worked a little too well. None of the other combatants seemed to notice a giant lump of ice that was plummeting towards the battlefield. There was nearly no time left.

Gale tucked away her bow and picked up the @Nye unicorn with her claws. She shouted one last time to the changeling @Will Guide that was buzzing around the dragon: "Seriously, get out! You'll die!" and pounced into the air. As she was speeding past the ruined buildings she caught a glimpse of another strange creature that has entered the fray. She was getting annoyed, yet curious.

Ambience hadn’t really participated in the previous events, other than playing his songs, but he saw what went on. He knew this battle could change the history of Spiketopia forever.

He fluttered down from the roof he had previously played on, and joined the battle with song. The songs of hope he played earlier were no match for the intensity this one song would hold. 

He adjusted his cap, like he did every time, and played.

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

It was a curious side effect of unicorn magic: the growing shadow of the falling iceberg has vanished due to its shimmering glow. In fact, it worked a little too well. None of the other combatants seemed to notice a giant lump of ice that was plummeting towards the battlefield. There was nearly no time left.

Gale tucked away her bow and picked up the @Nye unicorn with her claws. She shouted one last time to the changeling @Will Guide that was buzzing around the dragon: "Seriously, get out! You'll die!" and pounced into the air. As she was speeding past the ruined buildings she caught a glimpse of another strange creature that has entered the fray. She was getting annoyed, yet curious.

C. Will flew away and decided to let the heroes lead the charge. But he safely watched from a distance.

The iceberg crashed into the dragon and veiled everything into a fog of glittering frost. A salvo of large icy chunks bombarded the already devastated street. The terrain has been made even more treacherous than before.

@Spike takes massive physical damage and is taking light cold damage over time.

• Brohoof 1

*huff puff

He sees that the dragon has been defeated ( or as he hoped) he flew above the henchponies to take a quick breather. And fly over to the others(Gale, C. will, Blu,, ects)  as half of the comrade on their side is taking care of the henchponies.

"Good work (referring to Gale @Goat-kun but Victory shall wait, we have Squizard to deal with now, and he got Schmairty!"

Pointing at the direction of them with his sword.

• Brohoof 1

"We did it, we got the dragon! But the Squizard remains... time for the final battle. This is for you Schmarity!!!" Blu charges with her horn raised at the Squizard, her blue mane flowing behind her. Her horn starts to glow.

With a flash, the area around the Squizard, Blu, and her new allies turns dark. As if they were encased in a black ball. All they can see is each other and the Squizard, readying his next attack.

Schmarity appears in a small white orb in the air. "Oh help me adventurous heroes! This dreadful Squizard has no sense of fashion. Just look at his boots, they dont go with robes! He should be wearing slippers! Ugh." Shcmarity scoffs as she looks down at the battle.

@Goat-kun

• Brohoof 1

"Make sure not to hit Schmarity! No doubt it will use her to it advantage to let our guard down! Blu, Ambience, and Gale take the front..."

He notices that more henchponies appearing around Squizard and to block the way of Schmarity. 

"C. Will, Physalis and I will try to go around the back and try to rescue Schmarity!"

Ambience nodded. He played a sharp trill as he approached the Squizard, armed with the power of music. He stayed back, as there wasn’t much he could do but help his comrades, no, his friends. His song of hope turned into a song of strength, combined with the same hope as before. He trusted in his friends, and knew they could save Schmarity and defeat the Squizard, they just had to believe in themselves, and he could help them with that.