Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personality Types

Mr. Shoe

Scored INFP this time. Last time I got INTP (I think). I guess the test result deppends on my mood, but I'd say I'm more of a INFP than a INTP.

Oh, and I found a nice pic on the net the other day..

post-787-0-52851700-1351675727_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Is anybody else aware of this test, the reason I'm asking if because of this http://www.bronystudy.com/ and according to their findings bronies tend to be introverted. Now according to my results when I took it(multiple times) I am an INTJ(Introverted, iNtuition,Thinking, Judging) so this finding fit into my view of things but what about the rest of you guys? Because after spending a bit of time on these forums I can't help but feel most you are ESFP's or something akin to them. Here's the test link if you feel the need to take it. http://humanmetrics.com/ just click on the "Jung Typology Test"

• Brohoof 1

Just took the test, not surprised at all at the results.

Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(56%)

• You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)
  •  

Very much appeals to my scientific manner ;P. I am very introverted, except online. Once I'm behind the screen I am quite open (just really don't like confrontation :|, always have problems telling people things, even asking people for things) and quite friendly.

Been getting INTJ for many years on these tests, and my personality and behaviors support the result.

I'm not particularly surprised that many fans are introverted, seeing as the MLP phenomenon began and is largely sustained through the internet. I was extremely surprised by the number of INTJs showing up on the survey, however.

I did the test and I scored INTJ. 

Introverted - 78%

Intuitive - 19%

Thinking - 38% 

Judging  - 11% 

I'm a very shy person and can only socialize for a limited time before I need to recharge my batteries :)

I have honestly never seen so many INTJ's in one place I thought we were more aloof than this. Hmm wonder if the anonymity of the  internet lets our more 'looser' selves come out and that's why a lot of people appeared as ESFP's or the opposite of the INTJ.

ISFJ master race reporting in.
Ok, unfunny jokes aside... I've done the test a lot of times already and I almost always get ISFJ - "The Nurturer". And, I'm totally not surprised that majority of bronies are I's and that quite a few are J's.
Picture related, it is what I scored recently.
qlxzh.jpg

It's no surprise to me, since it is not a full-spectrum of humanity that is exposed to becoming bronies; there is a high likelihood that people who will become bronies will come out of the group of people predisposed to be spending a lot of time on internet or video game past times in the first place.

It's like introducing a new sport at a prison and having a high proportion of people who adopt this new sport already have criminal records. (Barring any sort of directly negative implication that people spend their time on the internet.)

ENFP, reporting for duty! I was a little creeped out by this, actually, as most of it is scarily accurate. Some of it's a little inaccurate, but for the most part, that's me!

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.

ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.

For some ENFPs, relationships can be seriously tested by their short attention spans and emotional needs. They are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting their older and more familiar emotional ties for long stretches at a time. And the less mature ENFP may need to feel they’re the constant center of attention, to confirm their image of themselves as a wonderful and fascinating person.

In the workplace, ENFPs are pleasant and friendly, and interact in a positive and creative manner with both their co-workers and the public. ENFPs are also a major asset in brainstorming sessions; follow-through on projects can be a problem, however. ENFPs do get distracted, especially if another interesting issue comes along. They also tend towards procrastination, and dislike performing small, uninteresting tasks. ENFPs are most productive when working in a group with a few Js to handle the details and the deadlines.

• Brohoof 3

Yet another INTJ over here. I posted the test on a few other forums, and had the members take it. About 50% of them were INTJs. A good number of ISFs as well, and a very small handful of ENs, but they were prominent members of the forums.

http://humanmetrics.com/hr/JTypesResult.aspx

Well, I just took the test. I got INFP.

More specificly,

Introvert 56%

Intuitive 38%

Feeling 12%

Perceiving 67%

http://typelogic.com/infp.html

This is pretty accurate, I'm a bit surprised. BTW, why are a lot of people getting INTJ?

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I took the test and this is what i got.

ENTJ
Extravert(11%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Well i guess that this describes me, but one cannot know themselves withought geting outside resources.
INTJ

Introvert(33%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(56%)
•You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
•You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
•You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Just took the test, and this is what i got.

ISTJ

Introvert(67%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(22%)

• You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Having taken the test before the results do not surprise me in any way shape or form.

Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Thinking(19%)  Perceiving(17)%
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (19%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (17%)

I'm an INFP and I'm well-versed in the Myers-Briggs Test and the Enneagram. Actually the whole reason I discovered Friendship Is Magic in the first place was because someone on an MBTI forum I frequent had a Twilight Sparkle avatar and I asked her where it was from.

INFP
Introvert(33%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(38%)  Perceiving(67)%
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

Lol I have no idea what this means..

Looked it up. This describes me very well, besides the whole "valued friend" bit.

Edited by Fizz.
  • Brohoof 1

INFP
Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(12%)  Perceiving(50)%
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (50%)

So apparently that's me.

Apparently I'm an introvert. Huh, who would've though? :P

INFP
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(33)%
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

INFJ
Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(50%)  Judging(56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

There's a lot more INTJ here that I expected ! I heard that it was a rare personality type.

Edited by astalicia

I'm an INFP ~

Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Feeling(75%) Perceiving(11)%
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (75%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

-----

Hi there. Just a heads-up that I've merged your thread with this one as they were nearly the same thing. Gotta' keep all this stuff in one place and whatnot. :P

When thinking about making a thread, please use the search function beforehand~

I got INFP:

Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(22)%
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Here is my personality description (source: http://http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html):

Portrait of an INFP - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
(Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition) The Idealist

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves

INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place.

Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely want to help them.

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. INFPs may have problems working on a project in a group, because their standards are likely to be higher than other members' of the group. In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Without resolving this conflict, they will never be happy with themselves, and they may become confused and paralyzed about what to do with their lives.

INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.

INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs.

Jungian functional preference ordering:   Dominant: Introverted Feeling Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition Tertiary: Introverted Sensing Inferior: Extraverted Thinking

A great amount of this sounds like me, but some details are not like me. Overall, though, I'm definitely an INFP. 

Also, according to the chart in the original post, I have the same personality type as Princess Luna. 

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 2