Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vicke

Hey everyone!

Now im pretty sure everyone have a had some sort of a connection with Pokemon in their lives, right?

The anime, the card game or the games?

Me myself was a Digimon fan and i tried to avoid as much Pokemon as possible. I didn't think it was bad or anything just that Digimon was a lot better. I never got to play any of the games because i diden't have any Gameboy.I remember being jealous of my friend because i had one. The only thing i had from Pokemon was a movie and about 500+ cards. [Found them all and bought about 50]

A few days ago i searched up some random facts about Pokemon and i found some of them to be very interesting. For an example Pokemon can die, Pokemon are children kidnappers and a lot of other random facts.

So i decided to give the first Pokemon game a try, and now im a little addicted to it x)

And i will aslo rewatch the anime!

Have Pokemon been a big part of your child hood? And maybe it still is?

• Brohoof 2

My parents didn't let me play or watch Pokemon when I was a little kid. Apparently it had to do with other kids getting overly obsessed with it. My response: Why didn't they care that I got overly obsessed with Sonic? :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I loved everything about Pokemon. Me and my bro flipped out when we got the original Charizard card. And I cried when I found out it wasn't real...

I still play the games and watch the show. The OLD seasons though. The new ones suck D:

Pokemon was a crucial part of my childhood, along with the first Yu-Gi-Oh series. I loved it dearly and I own about 6-7 different Pokemon games for my Gameboy which I still play from time to time. I'll watch the old Pokemon movies if they are on but I am not much of a fan of this new series. They.Changed.His.Hat!

That first Pokemon movie...stupid Ash, making me cry every freakin' time.

After begging my mom for my first Pokemon game (Ruby Version).... I put over 400 hours in dat bitch!

I played pokemon as soon as it came out, and I played every game religiously up until D&P.

Pokemons original name was ''Pocket Monster'' but was scrapped due to it sounded to scary for kids.

No, it's PocketMonsters in Japan, but they changed it around G II.

• Brohoof 1

I played pokemon as soon as it came out, and I played every game religiously up until D&P.

No, it's PocketMonsters in Japan, but they changed it around G II.

Really?

Meeh, guess my friend lied about that one.

Thank you for correcting me.

(edited)

I always thought Pokemon was just an abbreviation for "Pocket Monsters." That's what my brother told me.

I play a lot of the games, although definitely not all of them. I'm not really that good at them...

I do have like a TON of Pokemon cards as well.

I used to watch the anime sometimes and I've watched like 5 of the movies.

I also used to have a battery-powered Pikachu that said "Pika-chu!" when you squeezed it in a certain place. I have no idea what happened to it...

I also know just about every Pokemon that was before Generation V and about half of them too.

Edited by LightningWolf

Yeah, I'm a Pokémon-fan alright. Used to EV-train a lot before, now I only do it once in a while. Same goes for breeding and everything that have to do with competitive battling. Guess I just ran out of time :/

I do however watch the anime regularly, I started watching the first episode back in February, and now I'm on episode 498 :P

Pokemon is my childhood, I am of that generation, I was self aware enough when Pokemon first came out, as a kid I used to have Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

When my Gold died, I decided on buying HeartGold and a DS for pure nostalgia's sake, at some point I got Ruby and FireRed. I bought Platinum and Black for completion's sake. Although those are my least favourite ones.

HeartGold, so far is still the best game in the whole series.

Yes! in fact I remember spending all of my lunch money on Pokemon album stickers. You know what I liked more than the album though? Pokemon pogs, those things were freaking amazing.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

**Jonke the Snivy reporting for duty**

Yes, Pokemon have always been a part of my life... (Nintendo in general is.. <3 )

Not much for the Animé anymore but play the games from time to time. =)

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 1

Pokemon was probably the biggest part of my childhood (Although I admittedly liked the Digimon TV show even more than the Pokemon TV show)

The Pokemon Gameboy games (Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold/Crystal) were such a large part of my childhood. I spent so much time playing those games as a kid :P

I'm dying to get a new DS (my old one broke ages ago) so I can play HGSS and BW. Never have. :(

In other notes, I got a Japanese copy of Diamond/Pearl (both) and was playing it in the US like 3 months before the US release! I had no idea what the stuff was saying, but it was cool anyways :D All my elementary school friends were jealous :3

I played pokemon ever since I came out of the womb. I'm not even joking.

That's a highly disturbing image

Pokemon is one of the few things left from my childhood i still use frequently, i'm always playig the games, and i'm a compedative pokemon tcg player and event organiser. Infact overall i think the pokemon console games are the game i've played most.

(edited)

Dam i loved the old games. The new ones not so much.

I've played all the new ones up to Diamond and Pearl, but my favorite was always Fire Red. Unfortunately, I don't have my game or gameboy anymore :( At least I still have Pokemon Yellow and a gameboy color.

if you have an android phone then you can download a gameboy emulator Edited by SkyDreamer

I remember collecting the cards and never learning how to play the actual game.

Thus I was just worried about getting the cool pokemon in card form.

I watched the anime a good bit, and I remember enjoying it back in the day.

The funny thing about all this is I never beat a pokemon game, not until Sapphire came out.

I even had Pokemon Yellow and the pikachu GBC but couldnt beat brock so I just gave up.

Had I not lost so many times at that part, I really think I would like pokemon much more now than I currently do.