Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Virtual Private Network

Shimmer Muffin

So I have been thinking about buying a VPN so that I could watch Netflix and not only my countries content, but American and Australian as well. Does anyone use it? 

I have been reading a lot lately, and I am choosing between two top ones: NordVPN and ExpressVPN.

I am thinking about Nord, as they have a  75% discount now. I need your advice, friends! Help me to choose? 

13 hours ago, Bas said:

Since you are prob doing this becaues you are looking for content not available in your country - Did you check whether other platforms would offer what you seek? Are you merely searching for something you have not watched yet, or for something in particular?

Yeah, I mean I want to watch Netflix (especially USA content, as they have many awesome shows and movies) and I have read that Nord for that matter constantly are working on updating their servers so that Netflix wouldn't detect you are using a VPN. My Netflix library has also mane good movies, but contents do differ from country to country and according to reviews USA library is the best. 

I've used TunnelBear and Nord, and I'd say go with Nord for its versatility. VPN is a good thing to have in this day and age anyway, for a variety of reasons. Nord will most likely allow you to do whatever you want to do, be it circumventing geoblocking or merely safeguard your privacy. Do be aware that some services (like DAZN, if you're into boxing) still won't work in such a manner because they also check the country their payments will come from in order to prevent people from getting around geoblocking. If you're in doubt, try to see if they offer a free, limited data option to try it out. If it works, you can switch to a full, paid plan.

Really? As far as I have read Netflix do fight with VPN users, but Nord constantly updates their servers, so Netflix cannot detect whether its VPN or not. Oh and by the way, I have found their another fresh  discount link. how many do they have,lol? :D:D:D 

• 2 weeks later...

@Shimmer Muffin

The section Life Advice is designated for the use of seeking out legitimate advice regarding issues in real life. Your topic is better suited for Media Discussion with the Technology tag. 

Moving...

• 3 weeks later...

I currently use NordVPN. Have absolutely no issues with it. It's fast whether I use a US server or something else. I've used Russian, Belgian and UK servers with no noticeable drop in speed. And they're outside the Fourteen Eyes spying nations so it's all good.

I want to use a VPN, but I'm not sure what's right for me...

I don't really have money in my budget to be paying for a VPN service. I was hoping there was an equally good free VPN out there, but I haven't found one. The few I have found tend to have a catch, like a very limited amount of data you can use at one time before it stops working...

If I needed a VPN to circumvent geo blocking, I'd probably rent a VDS in the country I need and set up the VPN on it. I would hopefully be harder to detect for the service provider than a "common" VPN service.

I understand that this method is not for everyone :)

If I needed a VPN for privacy, I'd use TOR instead.

4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

I want to use a VPN, but I'm not sure what's right for me...

I don't really have money in my budget to be paying for a VPN service. I was hoping there was an equally good free VPN out there, but I haven't found one. The few I have found tend to have a catch, like a very limited amount of data you can use at one time before it stops working...

Free VPNs have notoriously had high profile leaks in the past. Nord is generally the most cost effective for paid, and they’re in a good locations to not have your logs demanded by say, a government agency. You can always use TOR, just never log into anything on TOR, or do anything else stupid to identify yourself.

Don't get fooled by those scam YouTubers wannabe vpns.

NordVpd and ExpressVpn are funded by China government. They are collecting data anyway for "system analyst" which means they are not technically deleting whole content. Best option is buying vps in Ukraine/Bulgaria and then set up own VPN. You can use free programs for Gates.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 9/25/2019 at 10:16 AM, hush said:

Don't get fooled by those scam YouTubers wannabe vpns.

NordVpd and ExpressVpn are funded by China government. They are collecting data anyway for "system analyst" which means they are not technically deleting whole content. Best option is buying vps in Ukraine/Bulgaria and then set up own VPN. You can use free programs for Gates.

Well no, Nord is not related to China... it's Panamian actually. And in my small pony opinion -  Ukrainian laws are simmilar to Russias, and Russia asked for all logs and data from all providers, which had their servers there. All of providers: PIA, NORD, EXPRESS refused and removed their servers, only Kaspersky agreed. I think you are wrong.

Anyway... I'm back from vacation and it seems that the worlds gone crazy! I guess all of you heard about Hong Kong protests and internet restrictions! What do you think? I didn't create a separate thread, as it's still going to be about VPNS, as it seems that using a VPN is the only option there  not to get caught by police. Article      Suggestions

Edited by Shimmer Muffin