Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Any DC Super Hero Girls viewers?

Sepul-Coloratura

Who's your favorite character?  

10 users have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite character?

• Flutt... Bumblbee
    • Rain... Supergirl
    • Trix... Zatana
    • Lun.. Wonderwoman
    • Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
    • Pink... Batgirl
    • Ace
    • Krypto
    • Ace with a mask
    • Krypto with a cape
    • I have someone else in mind.

Just now, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Yes, but Jessica is the one who struggles with her PTSD and anxiety 

I'm just going by what I see in this show.

Also, this version of Supergirl reminds me of Rainbow Dash & that instantly made her my least favorite member of the DCSHG. 

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm just going by what I see in this show.

Also, this version of Supergirl reminds me of Rainbow Dash & that instantly made her my least favorite member of the DCSHG. 

Supergirl is usually a science geek and is wide eyed/curious. Forcing her into the hotheaded jock role doesn't suit her at all. 

• Brohoof 1

I can agree with the changes made with the other heroes since I can still see shades of their comic counterparts in there, but this Supergirl is damn near unrecognizable. 

Also, it's implied that she's prank called Clark about Zod and the Phantom Zone prior to it actually happening. Why?! This only serves to make her look self-centered and unsympathetic. 

I got on the show for how they handled Superman earlier, but honestly, I can hardly blame him for having a rocky relationship with his cousin based on this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do the showrunners just not like Superman? Because that's the only logical explanation for why he's such a colossal dick on this show. Both him and Robin are the worst offenders of how the male heroes are handled.

He's operated selfish, egotistical, he's a showboat, and shows almost no regard for Kara's well-being. Hell, he hears about her alleged death and just texts her, and when she's alive, he shows no relief or empathy. 

I get that Superman is not the main character, but there's a thin line between him being a boy scout and him being a straight up douchebag. 

On 12/30/2019 at 5:07 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Do the showrunners just not like Superman?

Or any male character for that matter?

All of the male characters on this show are annoying, vain or stupid. 

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Yep, and it's kind of a recurring issue with Lauren Faust's writing.

Well, the show is called "DC Super Hero Girls" so that makes a little more sense. Girl power is kinda Lauren Faust's thing. 

• 3 months later...

I won't lie, I'm a little disappointed with this show so far. It's not a bad show and there have been some standout episodes, but there's also been a lot of meh or downright bad episodes. I guess I was hoping that it would be Friendship is Magic level of quality writing but with DC superheroes, but unfortunately, so far, it's just... not.

That being said, I'm willing to be a bit lenient since this is the first season and a lot shows go through major growing pains when they first start.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I won't lie, I'm a little disappointed with this show so far. It's not a bad show and there have been some standout episodes, but there's also been a lot of meh or downright bad episodes. I guess I was hoping that it would be Friendship is Magic level of quality writing but with DC superheroes, but unfortunately, so far, it's just... not.

The fact that DCSHG has M.A. Larson contributing to it made me think that this show would be A LOT better than it is humor wise. 

• Brohoof 1