Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Enigma's Mysteries (Private w/Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

That's what I was thinking, Hard does have the contacts in the city to burst in on the ring once Enigma gets captured.

So here's our event timeline:

They go investigate the Arcade.

They make contact with the spirit.

They find evidence of the ring.

Enigma gets captured

Hard gathers contacts and frees Enigma

???

Profit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Scarlet Araxia

While I don't mind you controlling the rest of the police, I find your last post lacking a bit in regards to what my characters can do. If you could expand your post to include whether Trace could get roof access and what Hard can see inside the bar, then I can respond.

• 2 weeks later...

@Scarlet Araxia

Hate to be that guy, but there's nothing really for Hard to do, and Enigma only answered one of Trace's questions, so I can't really respond on that side either...

Do you think you could add a bit more to your post in that regard? I'm just having trouble seeing what I can add at this point.

8 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Scarlet Araxia

Hate to be that guy, but there's nothing really for Hard to do, and Enigma only answered one of Trace's questions, so I can't really respond on that side either...

Do you think you could add a bit more to your post in that regard? I'm just having trouble seeing what I can add at this point.

Alright, I edited it

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

before i continue, I want to run the idea I have past you. The idea is that the politician is actually someone on the inside of the ring. As in, he's actually not a corrupt politician but he has been investigating the ring for a while.

@Crescent Moon

Could work, that would simplify things immensely for Hard, provided the politician somehow gains Hard's trust. That will likely be the hard part of this endeavor.

I approve if that's what you want to go with. It's a nice twist to be sure, just make it believable. 

@Crescent Moon

12 hours ago, Crescent Moon said:

The politician who was actually the Governor for the city that the Pier was in,

So, the Governor of Manehatten? Typically cities have mayors, and regions have governors. No worries about that though, just wanted to make sure I understood what you meant. 

@Crescent Moon

Before I misstep with this summoning, I'll give you the real situation and you can put in your post how it happens.

Vængr was in a romantic relationship with a pony who was also in a relationship with another changeling of a different hive named Vngn (Pronounced Vengin). The pony was leaning towards more interest in Vngn, which made Vængr jealous and subsequently try to kill Vngn, resulting in both dying together and their ashes being mixed. Given none of the Manehatten changelings knew about this triangle with Vngn they didn't think to check for two sets of ashes in the pile, assuming Vængr had died in a mugging. They used the combined ashes to make the memorial candles, the pony not receiving one given she did not know either was a changeling.

The spirit haunting the memorial hall is Vngn, furious at their own murder not being recognized, and looking for a way to draw attention to the fact that their ashes were mixed.

I don't know if you can summon a ghost without their name, or if calling out for a specific spirit can allow any to present themselves.

@Illiad Easle

So i have an idea I have been toying with for a bit and wanted your opinion. So we've established that Enigma was an orphan, but how about this, perhaps the reason she was orphaned, was because she is actually a changeling? But because of what happened at the orphanage, she changed to her pony form and just never changed back? But after she tastes the gel, she remembers and instantly changes back? Perhaps even as one of Indigo's hive? (which would make sense, with her work, there'd be a lot of awe and amazement)

While I think it's an interesting idea, and I am not opposed to it, there's some issues that would need to be resolved in order for this to work. 

1. Enigma is from the human world. 

That's why she has the necklace that disguises her as a pony instead of a human. 

2. Changelings can detect Changelings.

If she had been a changeling Hard and Trace would have known from the beginning. 

3. Changelings can't detect the emotions of other Changelings. 

If they could feed off of themselves then they wouldn't need others to feed off of.

Answer: she's a changeling from the human world, IE a D&D changeling. This being the case would solve all three issues as: 

1. She's from the human world. 

2&3. She's a different kind of changeling, therefore the same rules don't apply. 

Further, the dnd changeling typically adopts a unique identity, complete with personality and skills. She could have disguised as her human form, suffered some sort of memory injury, and forgotten she was ever anyone else and therefore that she was a changeling. In her natural form she'd physically resemble the equestrian Changelings as I've described them, but closer to human than anthro pony. (E changelings have equine legs, tails, wings, and horn, while H changelings have human legs, no tail, wings, nor horn)

Given issue 1 there's no way she'd be from the Manehattan or any equestrian hive.

If we go with her being a human changeling, I don't think it would be so much the gel reminding her that finally drops her disguise, as H Changelings aren't emotivores, but more being around E Changelings that reminds her of what she forgot, and the gel could react to her disguise causing it to be dispelled. Given there's very little likelihood of her having encountered it before it holds that it wouldn't have broken earlier. 

Let me know what you think, I think we could make this work well. 

@Crescent Moon

Looking like an issue here, which could be explained if Enigma is simply lying to the Queen, which wouldn't be wise.

In her discussion with Hard where she revealed she was a human she talked about things like WWII and being a paranormal investigator in the human world, which is not something a very young person would be doing. I imagined that her backstory was that she started out as a human changeling, disguised as a human in the human world and forgot about being a changeling then transferred over to Equestria where she was given the amulet that disguised her as a pony.

But now she tells the queen she was a young changeling with Starlight? These two stories don't seem to intersect.

Again this could all be explained by her simply lying to the Queen about her history, which I can't imagine she has a motive to do. I don't mind if that is the case, but if that is not the case I'd like to make sure that the story is straight for her character, if that means we need to retcon their earlier discussion I would need to know about the change in their history.