Superfided

What do you think of Pinkie Pie  

59 users have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Pinkie Pie

• Amazing!
    • Okay
    • Annoying
    • Don't care

Although she's not my favorite I still think that Pinkie Pie is absolutely awesome :) I love her song "Smile, smile, smile" and in my opinion trying to make others happy is an amazing life goal. She's just so optimistic and it's beautiful! Her bubbly personality might be annoying but... hey! it's Pinkie Pie we're talking about. This show wouldn't be the same without it.

Her amazing antics tend to outweight her annoying disposistion for me? I love her representation of optomisim because its expressed in more then one way. Its not so much of her throwing parties, being a clown and having a good time, its about making people smile, to find happiness in life!

From moment one, I knew I was going to love Pinkie Pie. Overflowing optimism, amazingly upbeat personality, possible inner demons to hide, care more for everyone else than herself, room for interpretation for her character...

... What is it with me and adoring the happy/forced-smile characters?

I think she's alright, she ties Rarity for third favorite on my end. She's alright in terms of a sort-of slapstick style of being 'funny'. But when her jokes fall flat, MAN do they fall flat.

Pinkie is ok... She's honestly my least favorite of the mane 6... This is probably because I think she's pretty annoying at times... I think she overdid going to become friends with the Cranky...

bjnpkp2.jpg

>Pretty annoying at times

>Overdoes things to get other things

>Rainbow Dash can't go a scene without some kind of overextended gloating and can't be told no

>Does this considerably worse than pinkie

>Not your least favorite

• 3 months later...

>Pretty annoying at times

>Overdoes things to get other things

>Rainbow Dash can't go a scene without some kind of overextended gloating and can't be told no

>Does this considerably worse than pinkie

>Not your least favorite

Different people find different things annoying. Rainbow Dash's arrogance is a flaw that I find more endearing than Pinkie Pie being intrusively wacky without being funny. For me, The Mysterious Mare Do Well was hilarious, while Pinkie Pie's parts of The Last Roundup were exasperating. 

Pinkie Pie's been climbing up my rankings lately, though. She's a lot more fun when she's intentionally trying to be funny, and that's the angle Season 4 has been pushing. She's an outgoing, sociable pony who loves to entertain others and make them smile, but she can be grounded when she needs to be. Maybe it's character development from Season 1, where she didn't have such a reasonable core. 

508578__safe_pinkie%2Bpie_fluttershy_app

This is a good example of what I mean. You have the silly vampire bit, but the part that made me grin was her expectant smile afterwards. Otherwise, it's just another Pinkie Pie is random and weird! scene. No, I prefer this, the Pinkie Pie brought along the teeth as a prop because she's dedicated to making her friends laugh scene. Now I have this mental image of her preparing jokes in front of the mirror, and that's good, that's some little character comedy. 

539762__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_animated_gl

Pinkie Pride had a whole lot of focus on how Pinkie Pie treats being funny as serious business, actually. It's an honor and a point of, well, pride for her, and it's what Cheese Sandwich respects Pinkie for. And when Pinkie Pie tried all those other jobs, what else did she do but attempt to put a little humor into her work?

It really humanizes the character. Just like Season 4 Pinkie, I jest to impress. She's less of a cartoon cutout and more of a artisan goofball. I admire that, and it's interesting, and it's entertaining, and it makes me look forward to what she's got up her sleeve next. That's a sentiment I never expected to have about Pinkie Pie, but I have it now. 

Good one, Pinkie.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie will still and forever will be as hyperactive as ever.  Sometimes, watching her in the show drives me crazy, but I gotta give credit to Andrea for doing a fantastic job voicing her.