Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

72 characters (20 is the minimum) - Your content length is below the threshold required to post.

BornAgainBrony

10 hours ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

@BornAgainBrony

Is it that you are receiving this error message even though you have met the character requirement?

Yes that is correct. Based on what @Bas is saying, if different sections have different requirements, perhaps the limit isn't reflecting properly in the preview. I posted this while trying to post in the Debate forums, but I know I've also encountered this elsewhere on occasion.

It’s a known ‘issue’. When the site was updated to v 4 a few years ago that read line didn’t exist. Basically it’s not stock IPB. There is some custom code that makes it appear but that custom code is basically just reading and remarking on default 20 character limit. It isn’t in any way tied to the ACP to pass back the parameters for each forum, which is how the unique character limits for each forum are set up. This is why that editor line shows up in areas with no character count requirement. it was actually added because people complained it was removed by IPS, but a compromise solution was all that was available. 

So we have several solutions.

Ride with what we have

Eliminate the red text altogether and find another way to communicate the min character limit in each forum.

Make each forum identical (not viable). 

Making it so it knows on each forum what the limit is something that requires way too much effort for a question. that pops up once a year. Also, I guarantee any change we make will lead to a topic exactly like this anyway. 

moving this to feedback since this is really something that is working as intended. 

On 12/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, Bas said:

Can the text set manually? 

It is a JavaScript program that runs across the whole site. Yes that is certainly possible, but I’m not going to be the one to do it. Adding any new processes for tech isn’t happening. Full stop. 

I’m also making a point to not add any manual elements to the general running of the site, because limited redundancy = shit I start doesn’t get done if I get pulled into other directions. Look at Throne Room for several examples. 

• Brohoof 1