Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you think are overpriced?

Reecejackox

Electricity

For example, if it was cheaper, it would encourage more people to switch to electrical heaters and such. That would mean less smoke and stuff because oof, sometimes the chimneys are mean. It would possibly make Winters easier to go through, at least in my case, as I switched to electrical heating after home renovation and... My electric bills are going higher than NASA could ever reach, heh. So yeah, I'd really appreciate not having to pay ridiculous prices for .. surviving, so to speak (winter sux because of that :please:). It would make life a lot easier in general, as these bills take a rather big chunk of my salary, regardless of the season.

Actually living in general is overpriced. Having a job is apparently not enough to live peacefully, which is really disappointing. >_>

MP-44 Optimus Prime. $450+Tax. Some how the figure itself isn't the problem(even at $200 it's still ridiculous), a lot of the price is inflated by all of the accessories that come with it that no one will actually use and will sit in people's closet collecting dust. Is there really out there asking for highly articulated minifigures of Spike, Carly and Sparkplug? Is there really anyone asking for Prime's trailer and all of his little vehicles to combine and have posability?

Just give us the figure, the ion blaster and the axe and sell for sub $200 and people might tolerate it more

• 1 year later...

The cost of living. Seriously, you know how ridiculous prices are just to maintain a low quality life nowadays in the USA? I could be seriously injured, but a trip to the hospital would kill my wallet. Don't get me started on taxes, the USA government continues to raise taxes while spending the money gained from it on absurdities. Then there's insurance, which will cost you an arm and a leg to pay for and refuses coverage on a regular basis due to their sketchy policies. Now stores are raising their prices for the basic necessities such as food, making the cost of living higher than ever. Those are just a few things that raise the cost of living for the average American such as myself.

On 2021-09-19 at 9:54 AM, EpicEnergy said:

The cost of living. Seriously, you know how ridiculous prices are just to maintain a low quality life nowadays in the USA? I could be seriously injured, but a trip to the hospital would kill my wallet. Don't get me started on taxes, the USA government continues to raise taxes while spending the money gained from it on absurdities. Then there's insurance, which will cost you an arm and a leg to pay for and refuses coverage on a regular basis due to their sketchy policies. Now stores are raising their prices for the basic necessities such as food, making the cost of living higher than ever. Those are just a few things that raise the cost of living for the average American such as myself.

Lol.. then why do other countries still go there for work or prefer to live there?

• Brohoof 2

Houses (at least in the part of England I'm from). If my parents sold their above-average-sized-but-not-massive house which also happens to not even be in a large city or suburb for its current market value, they could buy three houses of the same size in the South of France or buy their own reasonably sized home in the Hollywood Hills. It's insane. Current homeowners will be made rich by the house price inflation in England, meanwhile the rest of us will be left in the dust and/or forced to move abroad, as I plan to.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Sovereign Leader Rarity said:

Dead on. 

A carton of ice cream costs like, five pounds from the nearby cooperative store. For a dairy lover such as myself, it's just inhumane. :(

Jeez. In the U.S. we can get ice cream for the equivalent of two to three pounds.

• 3 months later...
  • Pretty much every type of computer component due to COVID, supply chain issues, cryptominers, and scalpers using bots to wipe out inventory the moment it becomes available.
  • Housing (including rental).
  • Internet access in my rural area. ($100/month for 7 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload. What is this, 2003? :dry:).