movies/tv TV Shows You Remember, But Nobody Else Does?

Emerald Heart

• 1 month later...

Oh I just remembered two more. Angela Anaconda, which was like South Park for kids. 

And Sheep In The Big City, which is like Courage the Cowardly Dog meets Dilbert. 

Man, kids shows in the late 90s/ early 00s were super meta. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2020 at 12:24 AM, Emerald Heart said:

Okay but does anyone remember Super Why?

I do. I used to watch it with my nephew.

I remember: 

1. Katy & Orbie

2. Maryoku Yummy

3. Dragon Tales

4. The Big Comfy Couch

5. Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends

6. The Backyardigans

7. Bobby's World

8. Flint the Time Detective

SWAT Kats and many of the Hanna-Barbera shows that used to receive heavy rotation back in the 2000s. I'm surprised they're barley even mentioned anymore when back in the 80s and 90s, their characters were everywhere. 

Edited by TransitPony

On 8/22/2020 at 9:00 AM, Sasoriman said:

Dragon Tales

On 8/22/2020 at 9:00 AM, Sasoriman said:

Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends

I remember BOTH of these!

I also remember how much my parents hated Dragon Tales.

Come to think of it, I remember a show - vaguely - but not much about it, including the name. It was an eighties sci-fi show, with a cop who had a secret partner who was a computer or something, and could manifest himself as a hologram, but only at night because the hologram took a lot of power and during the day, when everyone was awake, there wouldn't be enough electricity left for him to appear. He {the virtual cop} also had a familiar called Cursor or Pixel that could holo up stuff like bikes and stuff for him.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?

9 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Come to think of it, I remember a show - vaguely - but not much about it, including the name. It was an eighties sci-fi show, with a cop who had a secret partner who was a computer or something, and could manifest himself as a hologram, but only at night because the hologram took a lot of power and during the day, when everyone was awake, there wouldn't be enough electricity left for him to appear. He {the virtual cop} also had a familiar called Cursor or Pixel that could holo up stuff like bikes and stuff for him.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?

I've never seen the show before, but was that called Max Headroom?

The show I remember that few others seem to is The Mr. Potato Head Show---it was like the Muppets, only even more off-the-wall!

On 4/26/2020 at 2:34 AM, Emerald Heart said:

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide

I loved how the show taught me about love triangles and not just general tips for school being presented in a sometimes cartoonish way

On 4/27/2020 at 11:53 AM, Emerald Heart said:

I didn't watch much of The Archie Show as I did stuff like Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry but I do remember liking what I saw. 

I think I watched a bit of Josie & the Pussycats.

I would watch anything on Boomerang, really.

I watched a lot of Boomerang back when it's logo used to look like a actual blue boomerang. Thanks to this channel I knew a lot of the Hanna-Barbera stuff

On 5/11/2020 at 10:41 AM, Emerald Heart said:
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events

It's a pretty awesome adaptation of the book series. The changes they made are understandable since it was now TV show and not just a book with very few illustrations. An general example is that in the original books, Lemony Snicket narrates the entire thing and so would go off on tangets explain the meaning of certain words, phrases and expressions or even narrate the choice the Baudelaires have had at parts of their unfortunate lives.

But in the show, because Snicket can't be on screen all the time, it's the Buadelaires themselves who discuss their choices and what consequences they could get into as well as explain the meaning of words phrases and expressions.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:04 PM, Emerald Heart said:

Dude H20 is the best show ever.

Mako Mermaids is trash compared to it.

I fail to see what's so trash about Mako's Mermaids. I enjoyed them both. Both shows involved the suspense of keeping their secret and coming up with ways of dealing with new powers and obstacles.

Now I look through this entire thing, and nobody mentioned that Disney Channel show Dave the Barbarian

5 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I loved how the show taught me about love triangles and not just general tips for school being presented in a sometimes cartoonish way

I watched a lot of Boomerang back when it's logo used to look like a actual blue boomerang. Thanks to this channel I knew a lot of the Hanna-Barbera stuff

It's a pretty awesome adaptation of the book series. The changes they made are understandable since it was now TV show and not just a book with very few illustrations. An general example is that in the original books, Lemony Snicket narrates the entire thing and so would go off on tangets explain the meaning of certain words, phrases and expressions or even narrate the choice the Baudelaires have had at parts of their unfortunate lives.

But in the show, because Snicket can't be on screen all the time, it's the Buadelaires themselves who discuss their choices and what consequences they could get into as well as explain the meaning of words phrases and expressions.

I fail to see what's so trash about Mako's Mermaids. I enjoyed them both. Both shows involved the suspense of keeping their secret and coming up with ways of dealing with new powers and obstacles.

Now I look through this entire thing, and nobody mentioned that Disney Channel show Dave the Barbarian

I'll see your Dave the Barbarian and raise you The Buzz on Maggie.

31 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:
  1. The Big Comfy Couch
  2. The Puzzle Place
  3. Zaboomafu
  4. The Noddy Shop
  5. Wimzy's House
  6. Liberty Kids
  7. Cyberchase
  8. The Dooley and Pal Show
  9. Kids Songs
  10. Gullah Gullah Island

I recognize every one of these except Dooley and Pal Edit: After looking up Dooley and Pals, yes i do remember it!

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

I recognize every one of these except Dooley and Pal

The Dooly and Pal show had a very similar theme to Barney The Dinosaur. It had the same format as Barney and Friends but with extras

Opening Theme

Friends interact with Dooley and Pal when they arrive 

Song

Adventure 1

Song

Adventure 2

Song

More interaction with Dooly and Pal 

Closing Song (A Dooley Day)

Credits

2 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

The Dooly and Pal show had a very similar theme to Barney The Dinosaur. It had the same format as Barney and Friends but with extras

Opening Theme

Friends interact with Dooley and Pal when they arrive 

Song

Adventure 1

Song

Adventure 2

Song

More interaction with Dooly and Pal 

Closing Song (A Dooley Day)

Credits

After looking it up, i remember now. The one with the alien and robot right?

9 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I've never seen the show before, but was that called Max Headroom?

Nope, that was a different virtual guy.

Also, not a bad show, but I preferred the darker mood of the pilot episode than the series itself.

• Brohoof 1