Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming PS5 thoughts?

DivineMist1000

Not a fan of the design, or the controller. Never have liked PlayStation controllers. Too small and uncomfortable.

I do think the SSD tech is cool, though. I watched a video explaining it a while ago, and it seems like load times will be incredibly short. It's not enough to make me want a PS5, but still cool.

• Brohoof 3

The look is growing on me, which is a first for the last few consoles. Starting that conference with GTAV was awful but otherwise it was a pretty good showcase. Lots of interesting tech. Spiderman Miles Morales alone was enough to convince me to get a PS5 assuming the thing won't cost a kidney. The lack of any price point is probably the only thing that's really worrying me about the new consoles

(edited)

I thought it was an impressive showing by Sony. They really came out swinging with their first party titles. Kena: Bridge of Spirits looked gorgeous as did most of the other games shown. I agree the console’s color scheme makes it look futuristic though I am not really a fan of the console design itself. 

Edited by joanro
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

If its expensive then its just better to get a pc although Playstation has all the exclusives i want, i dont even remember why I got an Xbox instead

Edited by Muffinnz

It kinda feels like they wanted to copy Xbox design this time + it’ll be expensive again - I think I might skip it as long as my ps4 still works fine

The design of the console is very futuristic I'll give them that. What I've read from the technical side of it, is it's going to be pretty nice. Yet the design if honest I don't really feel like it is my cup of coffee. I like the colour combo but it is as if it is trying very hard to look next gen which makes sense. Still regardless of how it looks I will be buying it for the same reason why I have a ps4, switch and xbox is for the exclusives. I think once I have bought it I'll probably love the design haha.

• Brohoof 1

It looks like a shitty router box,

where's the Blu-ray drive?

the control looks likr a shit rip off of the ps2 remote!

5 hours ago, Dustlicious ( > ω < ) said:

I honestly haven't cared for Xbox or Playstation since the 360/PS3, and it's far from changing now for either camp.

I have to agree with you here ^^

51 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun said:

where's the Blu-ray drive?

the control looks likr a shit rip off of the ps2 remote!

Sony is releasing 2 versions, one with a drive, one without. Also, hasn't every Playstation Controller technically been a rip off of the original controller? Or are you saying it looks kind of like a 3rd party-controller?

ps5_digitial_edition_hardware.png 

As for my opinions, I still don't like the 2-tone controller, the face buttons need colors. The console design, I'm okay with, the only gripe I have with it is that there is no flat edge to lay it on it's side, which is going to be tricky to fit in with my other consoles. My original plan was to stack my slim PS2 on top of the PS5, but I don't know how plausible that'll be now.

It's a little bit uneven, feeling like it will tilt in some direction, or wobble. It will be a beast though. I have heard it is capable of crazy loading speeds!

Actually after looking at the reveal trailer, it looks like it is probably going to be the better console this generation over the Xbox, again. They put out a LOT of hype stuff in the reveal.

But I'm poor so I won't buy one and honestly will probably still keep to PC and maybe Switch if I can afford it down the line.

(edited)

Just out of curiosity, what do y'all think the systems are going to cost? I was looking at that Play-Asia placeholder price of the PS5 on Wario64's Twitter and it is listed at $699. Obviously, that's not the actual price, but I get the feeling that these consoles are going to be expensive. My guess would be between $500 to $600. I'd be really surprised if it released at under $500.

Edited by joanro

i like the colors but god i hate how it's tilted towards the right side, looks stupid as hell

as for the games, lotta games i think i would be into but not many launch titles so far? gonna be like the ps4 for me aka a "buy years later when there's a lot of games out"

I like how the controllers fit into a port to charge rather than requiring a wire. Kind of like the Switch. The box looks nice two. My brother said it looked more like a Wi-fi box which I never thought of before. :D

When I first saw it, my initial reaction was that it looked too much like an XBOX, but then I looked back at some Microsoft consoles and realized that likely wasn't what they were going for. :Thorax: Surprised to see them not make the console entirely black for the first time since the gray PS1, but the black-and-white color scheme has grown on me now. I really don't care for the slant, but I'm always surprised when people tell me they don't like Playstation controllers. :mustache: They're really comfortable to hold, glad Sony always keeps them the same. I will be buying this.  :fluttershy:

Just like all previous Playstation consoles, I'll probably pick it up someday years after release when I have money and it has a library of games I'm interested in. At launch it won't have much for me, but with time Sony consoles are always an excellent choice.