Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books How much longer can we expect My Hero Academia to last?

ggg-2

Talking more about the manga here, how much longer can we expect it to last? No real spoilers, but the manga is currently in the Paranormal Liberation War arc and almost 276 chapters. Just the inclusion of the word war makes it sound like an endgame arc. What do you guys think?

I'm fully, or at least mostly, caught up with the manga, and I actually don't want it to go on for too long. Whenever Deku's story arc comes to a natural conclusion, that's when I feel it should end. 

(edited)

I have mixed feelings about this manga. On one hand, I think the writer is a genius, on the other, the manga is so cluttered and dense, so many things happen in one chapter that it’s distracting.

The writer needs to chill and make the manga flow more naturally and less dense. The writer surely has many ideas, but the weekly comic strips can’t match all that in one chapter. (Or however often they publish it) I prefer 70s and 80s manga because they are less cluttered and less optimized and less ‘evolved’ into something that’s a result of severe competition among mangas. It’s way easier to read the pages than modern mangas.

There are nearly 20 students and other class has 20 too, and other schools, villains, heroes, teachers, other villain cult, family members, etc. There were multiple arcs that started and just ended too quickly. Many great characters ended up being a background character like Tsuyu, Ninja Turtle guy (they are my favorite characters. Tsuyu is the reason I got into the manga and she’s the best), and most characters except for Dekku, Almight, maybe Bakugo, Half and half guy (Fire and ice), and the main villain hand-on-a-face guy. (Then the writer adds a hot bunny girl that is a combination of everything I like?)

I think the series will go on for quite a long time like many major successful shonen mangas, but I’m afraid the writer will burn out and end up spitting out worse mangas every week just because he has to. (Like how D Grey Man ended up) I’m already catching up signs of burnout syndrome.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

Isn't the manga supposed to be in its later stages by now? I swear I read something about that but I can't remember where.

Regardless, it's popular enough that there's going to be demand to keep it going. I just hope it doesn't drag on for too long. Every story needs closure... even a shounen about a strong kid who wants to be the best :P*cough* One Piece *cough* Naruto *cough cough*

The anime runs season by season rather than continously, so even if the manga were to end now, the anime would still have a couple more years to go.

I haven't seen the 2nd movies yet but from what I have heard from reviewers that the 2nd movie felt like a end closure for MHA overall. Horikoshi also mentioned the 2nd movie is the last MHA movie and he's not planning to make another movie. So he can focus on ending the Manga and ending with Deku accomplished his goal to becoming one of the great Hero. From what I read, this may seem like a endgame to me since Shigaraki is already at his full potential and his group is planning to rage war. I would predicted the story will end with finishing up with this arc and it will be the longest. I don't want it to end too soon, since that will lead to rushing the arc and ruining it along the way. Like Bleach for the Quincy's arc, it was the last endgame arc and Kubo butchered it.   I think it won't end anytime soon since I feel there's still characters who needs their own moments and growth. 

8 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Regardless, it's popular enough that there's going to be demand to keep it going. I just hope it doesn't drag on for too long. Every story needs closure... even a shounen about a strong kid who wants to be the best :P*cough* One Piece *cough* Naruto *cough cough*

One Piece has been going on like forever, I feel that it might outlive me :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I am happy to announce I have reached the end of Season 4. I began watching the series from the start during the end of July 2020. I have 2 more episodes, and then I am finally up to speed :eager: it has been fun. Plus Ultra!