Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Info on G5.

CastletonSnob

Well, this is a nice surprise. We got some information on G5.

https://www.licensing.biz/hasbro-joins-festival-of-licensing-with-new-peppa-pig-content-pj-masks-toy-plans-and-more/

Next up, the world of Equestria is expanding to introduce a new generation of ponies to a new generation of fans. With more humor, heart, and music than ever before, Hasbro hopes that audiences will be swept away by the new cast of ponies and the incredible adventure that awaits them. Fall in love with My Little Pony all over again when the all-new, computer-animated theatrical feature hits theaters everywhere in September 2021.

So, it's confirmed that the Mane Six won't be returning for G5.

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

So, it's confirmed that the Mane Six won't be returning for G5.

that's what they said about every new generation of Transformers as well

26 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Not too much of new information, though. I remember we already had the release date of the 3D movie from the leaks. Can't recall the exact day, but it was mentioned to be on september 2021.

The release date being September 2021 wasn’t in the leak, but an officially released information. The leaks mentioned it was going to debut THIS year in fact

6 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Computer animation... Flash is computer animation. Do they mean 3D?

Uggggh... fiiiiine.... :dry:

If it does mean all new characters, I am excited for that. But I am doubtful.

I am more open if they use new characters. Much easier to adapt them in a hypothetical headcanon. But FIM made the Mane Six too marchetable for that to be likely :sunny:

• Brohoof 3

It was supposed to be this year based on the old leaks, but a mix of things from Hasbro changing plans to a new crew being needed(iirc Meghan was planned to stick around for G5) to the pandemic threw a wrench at things

• Brohoof 1

Remember guys, this is H-Bro. You can add the word "mostly" to their announcements. "Mostly" new characters. "Mostly" incredible adventure. "Mostly" more humor ... Though, in this last instance, any humor would be more humor than what we were having. Anyhow, if it ain't a hack, take it with a mountain of salt and watch that blood pressure.

• Brohoof 1

So no more of the Mane 6? That's fine. :fluttershy: I love them as much as the next guy, but with their character arcs wrapped up well enough in the show (depending on who you ask), in addition to what they're getting with a spin-off and the comic, there's no need for them to be in the spotlight anymore. It's not like they're going to be gone forever. Characters from past generations of the franchise have a tendency to reappear. Regardless, I always prefer having information rather than being kept in the dark. Not hyped about "more humor and music" though. :maud:

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Excuse me while I go cry in the corner. :(:(:(

Not necessarily. G5 is gonna be a reboot just like G4 was, and by default will have a new cast of characters. Whether they'll have the same names is irrelevant because by default they'll be different characters, and Hasbro loves to reuse old names(mainly to maintain copyright). Rainbow Dash we know shares the same name as the character from G3, yet they couldn't be more different. Most characters will probably reappear in name only. It's why we continue seeing the likes of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, etc., in Transformers. They may carry old traits from past incarnations but they'll be different characters. Bumblebee from G1 is a different character from the movies, same Prime Optimus vs Animated Optimus, Armada Starscream vs Cyberverse Starscream, etc

Honestly, every time I see discussions on G5, it always feels like people in the fandom expect it to be a direct continuation of G4

24 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I don't see how G5 can be as good as G4, unless Hasbro hires someone like Faust, and I just don't see them doing that.

As long as the crew likes their work and care that's all that should really matter. Not to mention they want to introduce it with a new movie, so it's clear they want to make a good first impression

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

And for the love of Christ keep Josh Haber the hell away from this

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Excuse me while I go cry in the corner. :(:(:(

I knoooooooow.  Tis sad :worry:

I’m still very excited about it though, and looking forward to seeing what they do with it even though I’m not expecting it to captivate me like G4

5 minutes ago, Megas said:

Honestly, every time I see discussions on G5, it always feels like people in the fandom expect it to be a direct continuation of G4

I know that and I’m not expecting it to be a continuation but it’s gonna be really hard for me personally to see something without the Mane Six. They did save my life after all. :(

Read much of the details of the recent info released... Not bad to say the least. It's a good start that they've announced new characters for the next gen. It's best not to use the Mane Six, they're basically the face of G4 at this point in time. Now it's a wait and see sort of thing with the film and whether or not it does well next year.

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Fall in love with My Little Pony all over again when the all-new, computer-animated theatrical feature hits theaters everywhere in September 2021.

:worry:

I fell in love once. It is hard to fall for "computer animated", probably meaning 3D.

I actually appreciate that the mane six won't be in the new iteration of the show. It was a good ride and all but I prefer to remember them in a good light and give opportunity to new characters. Like, for example I loved the introduction of the young six and Luster Dawn and co at the end sounded cool, like the story keeps going. Starlight, though at first I was kinda against it grew on me and now is one of my favorites. 

I'm aware that probably the world building that happened in G4 won't get a comeback in G5 (and if that's the case it will completely break my heart) but maybe it will be cool and hopefully not in the pony life direction if it's that way it will definitely and forever break my heart and interest.

• Brohoof 1

While September of 2021 is still far off, I am interested to see what g5 is like. I'm glad to see their bringing in a new cast of characters. I love the mane six from g4 a ton, but they have had their run. It's best to start a new generation with some new faces. I'm excited to see what the new main cast will be. They probably won't live up to g4's, but they still may be good. Here's hoping.

Although, I'm a bit skeptical. I mean, I've always been skeptical of what g5 will be like. The article seemed to imply that the show will be 3D animation. I just much prefer 2D animation, so I'm not sure if I will be as captivated by the style. Plus, an all-new generation most likely means all-new writers. Now this could be a good or a bad thing. After the sorta lacking quality of the last two seasons, I think a reset of writers could do well. On the other hand, they could be much worse. We'll see.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:56 PM, Ittoni said:

I actually appreciate that the mane six won't be in the new iteration of the show. It was a good ride and all but I prefer to remember them in a good light and give opportunity to new characters. Like, for example I loved the introduction of the young six and Luster Dawn and co at the end sounded cool, like the story keeps going. Starlight, though at first I was kinda against it grew on me and now is one of my favorites. 

I'm aware that probably the world building that happened in G4 won't get a comeback in G5 (and if that's the case it will completely break my heart) but maybe it will be cool and hopefully not in the pony life direction if it's that way it will definitely and forever break my heart and interest.

I’m open, and actually ideal to me if G5 would also take place in the same universe. But merely hinting or subtly referring FIM, as I don’t want it to weight down G5’s own overall identity either ;)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StealthSequel

or broad strokes tropes could work better tho :mlp_icwudt:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BroadStrokes

Edited by Steve Piranha

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m open, and actually ideal to me if G5 would also take place in the same universe. But merely hinting or subtly referring FIM, as I don’t want it to weight down G5’s own overall identity either ;)

That's an interesting idea. Although, I'm not a huge fan of how g4 ended, personally. 

An interesting idea could be that g5 takes place in the past of g4. Or maybe much into the future, even after "The Last Problem". There are interesting possibilities.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, CastletonSnob said:

to a new generation of fans

Yay.... Wait. Does that include me?

swept away by the new cast of ponies

Better not have Pinkie Pie in there!

Fall in love with My Little Pony all over again

As long as it is not computer animated.

all-new, computer-animated

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo