Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Far Cry 3

(edited)

Okay, Far Cry 3 might have slipped under a few people's radar.

At E3, this trailer popped up:

I remember now why I was anticipating it so much.

The Far Cry series is incredible, so I have no doubt that this game is going to accomplish some pretty amazing feats. Anyone else who is interested, feel free to gush about the game with me. ;)

Far Cry 3 will be a first-person shooter set in a tropical island setting. Players shall assume the role of protagonist Jason Brody, a tourist who has been stranded on a chain of islands that has been in the grips of violent local conflict for years. Read a short summary here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Cry_3

Here's a taste of the gameplay so you can see what an experience this game is.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeWbIxkyGrk

It is set to release September 4, 2012 in North America and September 6, 2012 in Europe.

Far Cry 3 is going to be astonishing!

Edited by Guest

It is set to release September 4, 2012 in North America and September 6, 2012 in Europe.

lol, 'Dats my birthday.

On-Topic:

Hoping this is much better then the bomb that Farcry 2 was...Seriously it was bad.

I may get it, as it was one of the only games I was looking forward to in the future.

I couldn't even play the game for more then 5 hours...I guess tediousness played into it but, it was just boring to me.

The boring part is because of the damn travel system, which was tedious like I said. The fire spread, weapon degeneration, and faction warfare was interesting. But serious screw malaria.

Yeah, Far Cry 2 sort of tanked in my opinion. I think the developers have taken note of what worked and what didn't work. They're changing the game's formula a little to fit the "majority" standard. Hey, I'm not complaining -- I think that's pretty nice of them.

I also think the game's setting matters A LOT. I don't think I'll mind sneaking through an enticing tropical island instead of a vast, barren plain. Nonetheless, I'm throwing my money at Ubisoft this year.

The boring part is because of the damn travel system, which was tedious like I said. The fire spread, weapon degeneration, and faction warfare was interesting. But serious screw malaria.

What about that terrible way to heal yourself?

Randomly pulling shrapnel out of your body, fixing a broken bone, finding random glass in you...even if you got hurt from drowning.

Randomly pulling shrapnel out of your body, fixing a broken bone, finding random glass in you...even if you got hurt from drowning.

I thought it was pretty neat. They did alot of things wrong but pulling a damn bullet out of yourself is cool.

Lets not forget the horrendous FoV, I felt like I was drunk half the time I played.

I thought it was pretty neat. They did alot of things wrong but pulling a damn bullet out of yourself is cool.

Lets not forget the horrendous FoV, I felt like I was drunk half the time I played.

Well, here's hoping they fix everything. I better not be wasting my money on this game.

*cough*

Who ever called the series "astonishing" needs to be slapped.

First one had promise and fell into that damn trap of tube running in the end regardless.

Good shooter but not "astonishing".

Second one had so much AI issues it was not fun any more and shooting anything beyond 100 meters was impossible.

In a open world environment, that relied on AI and free approach to be interesting in the first place.

It was tedious too. It was not even fun because of those in the end.

So, not "astonishing", again.

Whole series is closer to "meh".

Most fun about E3 trailer?

There are gaming journalists lauding it. Wonder how they managed to do that? By reviewing a pre-release beta?

Pfft.

Nevertheless, It's sandbox, (I hope) so I''ll wait until someone unbiased reviews it to consider 3 worth a look.

• Brohoof 1

Believe it or not, most of that stuff is actually a realistic option for those types of injuries -- especially when you're in the middle of nowhere and disease is ever-present! Though, I doubt your character would be able to maintain consciousness while conducting that type of recovery. XD

I second your notion to improve upon everything! Here-here!

*cough*

Who ever called the series "astonishing" needs to be slapped.

First one had promise and fell into that damn trap of tube running in the end regardless.

Good shooter but not "astonishing".

Second one had so much AI issues it was not fun any more and shooting anything beyond 100 meters was impossible.

In a open world environment, that relied on AI and free approach to be interesting in the first place.

It was tedious too. It was not even fun because of those in the end.

So, not "astonishing", again.

Whole series is closer to "meh".

Most fun about E3 trailer?

There are gaming journalists lauding it. Wonder how they managed to do that? By reviewing a pre-release beta?

Pfft.

Nevertheless, It's sandbox, (I hope) so I''ll wait until someone unbiased reviews it to consider 3 worth a look.

We all share different views and opinions -- I respect yours as well. Hopefully this time around Far Cry will impress you, should you choose to deem it worthy of your precious time! XD

The Far Cry series is unique. Maybe not as incredible as I made it out to be, but it's definitely worth trying out. I'm sure Far Cry 3 will be a classic experience.