Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Which Animation studios made this Animated film?" Game

Will Guide

EDIT: I wanted to call that this the "All Animation is Disney: the Game" but even after 4 hours, people still didn't get it.

There's a Trope called "All Animation is Disney" which is Mistaking a different animated work as being made by the leading marketer. So many animated movies that were not made by Disney themselves tend to be mistaken as a Disney movie just because it's animated. And so I decided to play a little game.

I will say the name of an animated movie or maybe tv show, and the next person had to say which animation company made the movie; whether it's 2D, 3D, hand-drawn, or computer-generated. As long as it's animated mostly it's fair game. Also even if Disney retroactively owns the thing in question, if they didn't make it and merely presents the film, they're not the answer.

Ok. Here we go. remember say the name of the animation company who made the subject in question. don't answer yes or no this is Disney or not?

Anastasia

Edited by Will Guide
People are still not getting the point of this game. This will be my final title change

7 hours ago, Will Guide said:

EDIT: I wanted to call that this the "All Animation is Disney: the Game" but even after 4 hours, people still didn't get it.

There's a Trope called "All Animation is Disney" which is Mistaking a different animated work as being made by the leading marketer. So many animated movies that were not made by Disney themselves tend to be mistaken as a Disney movie just because it's animated. And so I decided to play a little game.

I will say the name of an animated movie or maybe tv show, and the next person had to say which animation company made the movie; whether it's 2D, 3D, hand-drawn, or computer-generated. As long as it's animated mostly it's fair game. Also even if Disney retroactively owns the thing in question, if they didn't make it and merely presents the film, they're not the answer.

Ok. Here we go. remember say the name of the animation company who made the subject in question. don't answer yes or no this is Disney or not?

Anastasia

Don Bluth?

9 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Don Bluth?

Sigh.... Technically he's the director but I asked for the Studio name which is 20th Century Fox!

And even though 20th century Fox is home by Disney now, The Mouse House didn't make it back in its day.

Fine I'll give you one hint on the next one I lay down.

Meet the Robinsons: was it made by the Walt Disney Animation studios or the Pixar Animation Studios

On 11/4/2020 at 6:11 PM, SparklingSwirls said:

Disney I think

Cats Don't Dance

You are correct

Warner Bros Animation for Cats Don't Dance

And for the next person, what studio made Ice Age?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 3:44 AM, Will Guide said:

You are correct

Warner Bros Animation for Cats Don't Dance

And for the next person, what studio made Ice Age?

Blue Sky. 

48 minutes ago, Mike Dawson said:

I think it was either Dreamworks or Illumination.

Gladiformers.

No idea. Anyone else know? 

1 hour ago, AppleButt said:

Disney and Pixar 

Who made Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron

Technically, it's a Pixar movie. Disney only just simply present the movie but it's Pixar who developed an animated it. it is after all Pixar's animation logo that appears before the movie starts not the Walt Disney Animation studio logo

back most of the animated movies that were actually made by the Disney Animation Studios have their logo at movie start have Mickey Mouse Steamboat Willie with the words Walt Disney Animation Studios under it. Like this

So if you see this it's actually made by Disney Animation studio like Frozen or Wreck-It Ralph.

Because Onward is actually a Pixar movie it actually played this instead.

Ignore the Disney Castle because that's labeled on everything that Disney's got. They're the ones presenting the movie but they're not the ones who actually made the film

Ever since Chicken Little in 2005 Disney made that Steamboat Willie logo to say "we're the ones who made this not Pixar". And as November 2020, only 11 CGI movies were made in Disney Animation Canon. 

It's like how in the Video Game World any video game that was published by the infamous LJN is automatically treated like a LJN game, even though it's technically developed by a different company like Capcom or Rare. same thing applies here. Game is about who actually animated the thing not who presented it

So technically you're wrong by half a point

As for your question Spirit is made by DreamWorks around the same time Shrek came into the picture 

So with what I said above in mind, who actually  made Zootopia? Disney or Pixar?

51 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Technically, it's a Pixar movie. Disney only just simply present the movie but it's Pixar who developed an animated it. it is after all Pixar's animation logo that appears before the movie starts not the Walt Disney Animation studio logo

back most of the animated movies that were actually made by the Disney Animation Studios have their logo at movie start have Mickey Mouse Steamboat Willie with the words Walt Disney Animation Studios under it. Like this

So if you see this it's actually made by Disney Animation studio like Frozen or Wreck-It Ralph.

Because Onward is actually a Pixar movie it actually played this instead.

Ignore the Disney Castle because that's labeled on everything that Disney's got. They're the ones presenting the movie but they're not the ones who actually made the film

Ever since Chicken Little in 2005 Disney made that Steamboat Willie logo to say "we're the ones who made this not Pixar". And as November 2020, only 11 CGI movies were made in Disney Animation Canon. 

It's like how in the Video Game World any video game that was published by the infamous LJN is automatically treated like a LJN game, even though it's technically developed by a different company like Capcom or Rare. same thing applies here. Game is about who actually animated the thing not who presented it

So technically you're wrong by half a point

As for your question Spirit is made by DreamWorks around the same time Shrek came into the picture 

So with what I said above in mind, who actually  made Zootopia? Disney or Pixar?

Disney made Zootopia!

Who made MLP The Movie (2017)?

Edited by C. Thunder Dash

2 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Correct, though some say it's Hasbro.

I believe it was Universal...that one's a little blurry.

You're not right. 

And you forgot to lay down the name of another animated movie. 

Who made Rio (the one with the talking blue birds)?

37 minutes ago, Mike Dawson said:

Aardman.

Who made Hoodwinked?

MV5BMTg4NzQyMjE1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ0

Well I know Hoodwink is not Disney and I don't think it's DreamWorks either. And I refuse to look it up so I don't know

Although I will have to say when I saw the title Gladiformers, the first thing that came into my mind was transformers only with actual happy face of on their neutral mechanical mugs.

This is an easy one: The Prince of Egypt?

I want to say that Prince of Egypt is one of those non-Disney productions, but I feel like that would be wrong. So, Disney.

Who made Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys?

15 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Although I will have to say when I saw the title Gladiformers, the first thing that came into my mind was transformers only with actual happy face of on their neutral mechanical mugs.

Gladiformers as in Gladiator. They do transform from vehicles into robots, though. 

On 11/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, Mike Dawson said:

I want to say that Prince of Egypt is one of those non-Disney productions, but I feel like that would be wrong. So, Disney.

Your first instinct was correct; it was not Disney! Once again you have fallen for the "All Animation is Disney" trope:P

On 11/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, Mike Dawson said:

Who made Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys?

I wanted to say Rakin-Bass, but that was the animation team that made the original stop motion Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer

Who made The Road to El Dorado?

Blue Sky.

Who made Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas?

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Your first instinct was correct; it was not Disney! Once again you have fallen for the "All Animation is Disney" trope:P

Actually no, I've never seen the film. My mind just mixed up JelloApocalypse's Every Disney Film Reviewed in 10 Words or Less with the DreamWorks one.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

I wanted to say Rakin-Bass, but that was the animation team that made the original stop motion Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer

Wrong. Misfit Toys is a 3d animated film. And It was GoodTimes Entertainment. That or Cayre Brothers or GT Merchandising and Licensing. I'm not sure. Either way, you likely wouldn't have guessed it.

1 hour ago, Mike Dawson said:

Who made Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas?

Now that I actually saw on television and it's obviously Warner Brothers.

Actually no, I've never seen the film. My mind just mixed up JelloApocalypse's Every Disney Film Reviewed in 10 Words or Less with the DreamWorks one.

Guess I got you with that one. 

Wrong. Misfit Toys is a 3d animated film. And It was GoodTimes Entertainment. That or Cayre Brothers or GT Merchandising and Licensing. I'm not sure. Either way, you likely wouldn't have guessed it.

Fair enough.

Now here's a obscure one. 

Gay Puree.