Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight and Spike: Who needs who more?

FlareGun45

When it comes to Twilight and Spike, they both need eachother, right?

Who needs who more, really? Does Spike need Twilight more, or does Twilight need Spike more? Or maybe they don't "need" eachother at all, and only say that cause they just don't wanna separate?

• Brohoof 1

I like to think they need each other equally in the way that close family members generally need each other. :confused: If you mean literally, Spike probably relies on Twilight for basic things like food and shelter more than she relies on him. 

• Brohoof 2

That’s a good question! ^_^  I think they’re very dependent on each other, because often when one leaves, the other gets worried. :adorkable: Twilight may worry about Spike a bit more because he’s young and when he wonders off, she worries. :worry: But I think it’s equal. :mustache:

• Brohoof 2

I think it's equal. As Twilight grew and became groomed to lead Equestria, Spike became more independent and sure of himself. Twilight's studiousness is balanced by Spike's ability to keep track of things and maintain stability. Conversely, Princess Twilight cannot manage the kingdom alone; Spike understands the nuances of the Magic of Friendship just as equally as she does, therefore breaking through barriers across cultures, lands, establishing new relations, and maintaining old ones.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, FlareGun45 said:

When it comes to Twilight and Spike, they both need eachother, right?

Who needs who more, really? Does Spike need Twilight more, or does Twilight need Spike more?

Spike needs Twilight to reach the cookies on the high shelf and Twilight needs Spike to roast the vegetables for dinner.

Their relationship is strictly food-based. :P

It may seem like Twilight doesn't need Spike because she's not the greatest when it comes to empathy but she depends on him a lot. I think they both need each other equally but if I had to say who would lose it not being able to meet with the other first... I think Spike would.