Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least favorite character.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

Flim and Flam for obvious reasons, Maud’s boyfriend is also ‘technically’ extremely irritating. :maud: If you manage to annoy Pinkie Pie then you need to rethink your life. :okiedokieloki:

But the characters I absolutely despise are the Student Six. :yuck: It’s bad enough that they were completely forced onto us with barely any fanfare but they completely took the spotlight away from the Mane Six and all other characters who we actually had an interest in. :(

The Student Six are annoying, paper-thin, stupid, dimwitted, unfunny twats and aggravating to be around. :unamused: Even seeing them in the title sequence drives me nuts! :Cozy: If I ever met the Mane Six, I would cry and give them all a massive group hug. :wub: If I ever met the Student Six, I’d punch them. :stressed:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

Sludge and Angel are probably my two least favorite characters. Sludge gets no comeuppance whatsoever for manipulating Spike like he did and adds nothing to his character arc, and I just don't buy Angel's pity party story in She Talks to Angel at all. I LOVE a-hole characters that are interesting, well-written, and relatable, so much that they really don't bother me anymore so long as they are at least one of the three, but these two are just none of the above:dry:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

All those characters I always complain about the writers bringing them back despite long past warn their welcome. Flim and Flam, Garble, the Yaks, Snips/Snails. To this day I still have no fucking idea why the writers loved using them so much despite absolutely no desire from the audience to ever see them again

EDIT: Oh yeah and Discord too, reforming him turned out to be the biggest mistake the show made as the more he appeared the worst he got always resulting to only a slap on the wrist at best and getting rewarded at worst. The final two seasons were the absolute nadir of his bullshit

Edited by Soundwave
  • Brohoof 2

Oh joy! Here's my list of least favorite character(s) in MLP ever:

Angel Bunny- How did Fluttershy put up with him over the past 9 years? He's got to be most obnoxiously unlikable character in MLP history.

Discord- He works better as a villain, but when you tried to reform him, it was a HUGE mistake. Especially for all the malicious stuff he had done throughout the rest of the show that'll harm Equestria a lot more than good (I'm looking at you, Beginning of The End and especially Ending of The End). And yet, he gets away with it scot-free with no consequences, and it still ticks me off.

Student Six- I never liked them and I thought they're just annoying token characters.

Flim and Flam- Very uninteresting and I thought they're mean-spirted sometimes.

Snips and Snails- Very unfunny and super annoying and I really have to wonder why did the writers decided to keep them around.

The Yaks- Very boring characters that they didn't really need to exist.

Garble Dragon- Bland, and boring jock dragon who is nothing more than just a bully character.

Gabby Griffon- Very annoying and she make me miss Gilda.

Ember the Dragon Princess- She's very forgettable to me.

Mudblair- His know-it-all attitude really rolls my eyes and technically, he needs to shut his mouth.

Sludge- He's pointless and he's only there just to get Spike more conflict.

Flash Sentry- Having a bland, token love interest for Twilight is NEVER a good idea. Plus, I cringe super hard when he appeared on screen.

Zephyr Breeze- I don't like his flamboyant attitude. He really gets on my nerves. Not to mention, he can be such a creep when he was clinging on Rainbow Dash. That really turns me off.

Cozy Glow- I never liked her from the very beginning and I thought she was unnecessary and very annoying.

Babs Seed- Ugh. Just ugh.

Iron Will- I don't understand the appeal of this guy. He's such a tool.

So there ya go!

• Brohoof 1

I don’t like Zephyr Breeze one bit. He’s annoying, a liability to everyone else and doesn’t even seem to care.

Snips and Snails aren’t exactly favorites either. I know they’re only supposed to be small-time antagonists but they really don’t have enough personality to make them fun to watch. I prefer Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon over them.

The Student 6. They never really went the distance and always felt like an uninspired batch of ‘types’ tossed in because the writers ran out of ideas for the Mane 6.

Sugar Belle. Another plug-in character, and never had any real chemistry with Big Mac. I always wanted BM and Marble Pie to be an item, so when they came up with Sugar Belle, she just seemed like an unwelcome intruder.

Not a huge fan of Mudbriar either; nothing fun or interesting going on there. It seems they could have come up with something more inspired for someone as cool and unique as Maud.

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Sithbiscuit said:

I don’t like Zephyr Breeze one bit. He’s annoying, a liability to everyone else and doesn’t even seem to care.

Snips and Snails aren’t exactly favorites either. I know they’re only supposed to be small-time antagonists but they really don’t have enough personality to make them fun to watch. I prefer Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon over them.

The Student 6. They never really went the distance and always felt like an uninspired batch of ‘types’ tossed in because the writers ran out of ideas for the Mane 6.

Sugar Belle. Another plug-in character, and never had any real chemistry with Big Mac. I always wanted BM and Marble Pie to be an item, so when they came up with Sugar Belle, she just seemed like an unwelcome intruder.

Not a huge fan of Mudbriar either; nothing fun or interesting going on there. It seems they could have come up with something more inspired for someone as cool and unique as Maud.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t stand him.

(edited)

Fluttershy's brother. I actually refuse to EVER watch "Flutter Brutter" a second time. Once was enough. Literally. I just keep it on my hard drive so I can say I have every episode. I HATED every minute of that episode because of one character. It sickened me that he willfully DESTROYED his father's lifelong collection, just to say "Look, now there's room for me to freeload off of you! I'll just move in here, and eat your food and not pay a single bit as you struggle to support me now that dad retired."

It doesn't matter that the collection was something comic, like cloud samples. Replace that with something like, first edition author signed books. Picture him gleefully burning his father's books, or stealing a coin collection to sell for some quick bits.

The user creep came to his parents house and intentionally destroyed things until they timidly said he could stay. They should have called the Cloudsdale police and had him arrested and dragged away. Rainbow should have thrown hooves when he wouldn't stop hitting on her. It sounds terrible, but I wanted to see her beat him up for creeping on her. Nothing that happened in the episode redeemed the destructive criminal in my eyes.

Just so you know, I am not joking. This is honestly how I feel about the terrible character and episode. If I saw this episode first, I would have NEVER watched another.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Sithbiscuit said:

@cuteycindyhoney I couldn't agree more! That's why Flutter Brutter is my all-time least favorite episode. It was a struggle just to sit through it the first time, but now that it's over I never have to again. 

Yeah, I don't like it either.

I get not liking Flim and Flam but the handful of episodes they're in are honestly pretty great. Well, the ones I've seen anyway, I've only watched up to partway thru season 8.

My personal least favorite is Pinkie Pie, just because of the sheer amount of exposure time. She has her occasional great episode but her presence just gives me a headache more often than not.

19 hours ago, Annie said:

My personal least favorite is Pinkie Pie, just because of the sheer amount of exposure time. She has her occasional great episode but her presence just gives me a headache more often than not.

Okay, fair enough.

• Brohoof 1

There are some ponies which are definitely not my cup of tea and belongs to my least favorite characters

• Spoiled Rich
  • Flim and Flam
  • Fluttershy's brother

There are some more characters I could name like Prince Blue Blood but they only occur once

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...