Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pipp Song ‘Glowin’ Up’ Released

Tom Gallagher

Ready for a rant? One of the songs from G5 has been released, ‘sung’ by Pipp. IT IS TERRIBLE!!! :glimmer: Exactly the type of music I can’t stand. :yuck: They had to, they really had to go down that route. :eww: Go and ruin everything Daniel Ingram has done for MLP and make a song that will most definitely never last a week. :mlp_wat:
I’m mad. :(

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 6

Having not listened to the song yet, I’m doubting it’s gonna warrant a rant. Not to mention the character who sings it is a pop star. Even if I don’t like it, I still doubt it’s the worst thing the franchise has ever made

• Brohoof 8

*nodding along to this* I like it too, but then I also quite like pop music :P 

I agree it lacks the Ingram feel though.

hopefully its deliberatively poppy because of the char and the rest of the music isn't quite so pippish

• Brohoof 5

It isn't that bad. Pretty much the kind of song I expected from this thing and though it's not Equestria Girls pop/Sia quality, it's fine on its own merits. I do find it funny though how the video has an image of a smiling Pipp slowly encompassing the entire screen, don't know why that's there. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Its not bad, I don't mind listening to it but its not something I want to play on repeat. Its okay for a pop song, but I am usually not a fan of this kind of music, still I expected something like that from pipp songs (I hope that as the series progresses I will like her songs more). At some parts it feels a bit generic, hopefully the other songs will be more up my alley. 

• Brohoof 1

I personally really like it. For those who complain about the lack of the 'Ingram' feeling it is a new generation for a reason for better or worse. Why should it feel like something that was done previous? I really, really like this song! :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Hey if it's a catchy song I'll listen to it. Besides if the song matches her personality, it would be a decent fit. For now I will reserve full judgment, since I don't quite fully know all Main 5 personalities

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Ready for a rant? One of the songs from G5 has been released, ‘sung’ by Pipp. IT IS TERRIBLE!!! :glimmer: Exactly the type of music I can’t stand. :yuck: They had to, they really had to go down that route. :eww: Go and ruin everything Daniel Ingram has done for MLP and make a song that will most definitely never last a week. :mlp_wat:
I’m mad. :(

I agree, it's terrible

• Brohoof 2

I definitely agree that this is not a good song. It is the epitome of a generic lifeless pop-song and doesn't even sound like it is from My little Pony. This is the kind of song I'd expect to be overplayed on some pop radio station, not in a My Little Pony movie. Plus, the lyrics themselves are also generic and don't seem to even reference Equestria or ponies in general. I hope that this is the worst of this movie's songs, and that the rest will all be better, because this is not a good one. Also, if this is what all of Pipp's songs will sound like in the movie and series, then I doubt I'll end up liking most of, if any of her songs despite her being the musical member of the main cast.

• Brohoof 1

Not really what I pictured, but I actually kind of like it. That said, music is very subjective and I can understand why it may turn some people off.

• Brohoof 3

It's kind of growing on me, especially with the new clips we haven't seen before. I don't get all the complaints, though - this is the song played at the very end of the movie and likely over a good part of the end credits. I don't recall any complaints about the pop music used during the end credits in either the EG movie or 2017 movie. :confused:

• Brohoof 2

It seems that some people don’t like this song simply because it is of the pop genre. That, in my opinion, is not necessarily a valid reason to dislike or immediately dismiss it. G5 is set in a much more modern world so to hear songs like this makes sense. I know a lot of fans want the music to stay the same as it was in G4 but we need to get out of that mindset or everything in G5 is just going to end up disappointing you. 

This whole thing screams: "I don't like it because it's different". We aren't in G4 anymore, so stop expecting G4.

• Brohoof 8

30 minutes ago, The Wife of Rengoku said:

It seems that some people don’t like this song simply because it is of the pop genre. That, in my opinion, is not necessarily a valid reason to dislike it. G5 is set in a much more modern world so to hear songs like this makes sense. I know a lot of fans want the music to stay the same as it was in G4 but we need to get out of that mindset or everything in G5 is just going to end up disappointing you.

That's true.

And beside several of the songs in Generation 4 sounded like pop songs anyway when you consider the definition of pop music that everyone seems to forget:

type of music, usually played on electronic instruments, that is popular with many people because it consists of short songs with a strong beat and simple tunes that are easy to remember.

(Macmillan Dictionary)

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, The Wife of Rengoku said:

It seems that some people don’t like this song simply because it is of the pop genre. That, in my opinion, is not necessarily a valid reason to dislike it. G5 is set in a much more modern world so to hear songs like this makes sense. I know a lot of fans want the music to stay the same as it was in G4 but we need to get out of that mindset or everything in G5 is just going to end up disappointing you.

55 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

That's true.

And beside several of the songs in Generation 4 sounded like pop songs anyway when you consider the definition of pop music that everyone seems to forget:

type of music, usually played on electronic instruments, that is popular with many people because it consists of short songs with a strong beat and simple tunes that are easy to remember.

(Macmillan Dictionary)

Good point.

This song could really have a good impact on us fans if it is animated well. The voice of Pipp is very dynamic, and if that is not expressed in a good way during the animation, that it could end up looking confusing. The song by itself is not a problem I think. It is the fact that a cute pony will sing this.

• Brohoof 3