Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Storyboard for the G5 series.

CastletonSnob

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

Hide contents

I have to say, I'm hyped to see Hitch as The Mare-Do-Well.

Spoiler

As long as Merriweather Williams is not involved, I'm perfectly okay with it.

I have to say

Spoiler

Using one of the most reviled episodes of the last show as reference for the first teaser of the new one doesn’t give a lot of confidence lol

• Brohoof 3

Oh my, that certainly is something. I hope they get it right this time though.

Spoiler

Or maybe it's just the costumes that looks similar as a reference to G4 and the plot has nothing to do with the G4 episode. I wonder why they would do that though...

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Megas said:

I have to say

Hide contents

Using one of the most reviled episodes of the last show as reference for the first teaser of the new one doesn’t give a lot of confidence lol

Spoiler

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it...:yuck:

At least they're showing us from the start who Mare Do Well is this time. :dash: Kind of with Megas on this one though, I don't exactly feel instilled with confidence for the very first reveal being from a fan least favorite episode even as I don't really mind the episode personally myself. 

• Brohoof 3

27 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

At least they're showing us from the start who Mare Do Well is this time. :dash: Kind of with Megas on this one though, I don't exactly feel instilled with confidence for the very first reveal being from a fan least favorite episode even as I don't really mind the episode personally myself. 

I like a lot of the Mare-do-well episode, but the whole thing is tainted for me by the fact they are only doing it to be mean to Dashie. Assuming they have omitted that part THIS time, perhaps it is an opportunity for them to remake it, but better?

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I like a lot of the Mare-do-well episode, but the whole thing is tainted for me by the fact they are only doing it to be mean to Dashie. Assuming they have omitted that part THIS time, perhaps it is an opportunity for them to remake it, but better?

I hope so.

I wonder if they'll have an explanation about why there was lightning in a completely clear, starry sky...?

Also, that might not be the mare-do-well; how would G-5 characters even know about that?  And if they did, wouldn't they also know that it was a farce?

...One last thought occurred to me:  what if they make Sprout a recurring villain in the series?  Unless they made him really hilarious, I don't think he'd work all that well as a villain; he's just not a credible threat---not after his defeat at the end of the movie!

• Brohoof 2

I'm surpised we are getting storyboards from the series this early on, especially since I've heard that it won't be realeased until fall of next year. I'm wonder how much more will be leaked/released leading up to the series.

Spoiler

As for the storyboard itself, it's intresting to be seeing this reference to Mare-do-well. It makes me wonder if and how G5's mane cast even found out about it. Did they find some of twilight's old letters to Celestia, including the one that mentioned Mare-do-well? It's too bad we have to wait so long to (hopefully) get some answers from this series.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I wonder if they'll have an explanation about why there was lightning in a completely clear, starry sky...?

It just a Batman TAS reference.

• Brohoof 1