Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship is Magic Season 9 Removed on Netflix

Denis

I watched mlp as a kid, and decided to come back into the fandom. I researched most of it, and when I first started rewatching it I could have Sworn to see a season 9 exist (which I didn't have access to as a child). I forgot overtime and not that I'm on season 8 Netflix seems to show only up to season 8. I read some forums that season 9 didn't turn out how they wanted it to and comparing it to season 8, not being very good. Could anyone explains why Friendship is Magic: S9 was removed?

Many thanks,

Denis.

• Brohoof 3

In the US, I don't think season 9 was ever on Netflix to begin with.

The entirety of G4 will be removed by February, which is incredibly disappointing. What an unfortunate time to get back into the series ): I only just learned that today after intending to catch up with a bunch of episodes.

Does anyone know of any other places that stream G4? Hulu only has season 9. Amazon allows you to buy all the seasons for ~$20, which might be a last resort. 

• Brohoof 3

I think it's the same here in Australia, too. I stream FiM on Netflix every night, and I've never seen Season 9 on there at all. :sunny: It was something I've always wished they added, but with FiM leaving Netflix at the end of the month, it appears that it was just not meant to happen. :(

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

FiM is leaving Netflix all together on the 31st. I hope there's other places to stream it! :(

Oh, great. G4 ponies are indeed leaving Netflix :eww:

6 hours ago, LeonShi500 said:

Hulu only has season 9. Amazon allows you to buy all the seasons for ~$20, which might be a last resort. 

Back in the hay day, For seasons maybe five through eight whenever the show finished on television, a few weeks later that season would have been added to Netflix. So imagine my confusion when after season 9 finally finished and yet it never appeared on Netflix. It wasn't until the summer of 2020 about 8 months after the series finished that I realized season 9 was on Hulu instead.

Also I did purchase half of season 7 on YouTube under their purchase category.

I technically have the DVDs of seasons 1 through 5 but the downside is it won't be easy to jump between episodes when you're trying to watch scenes in chronological order especially when it involves flashbacks that show a character's backstory. Cuz with really good internet connection it usually takes a second once you see the part of the episode you want to jump to and it will always remember where you left off when you jump to another episode

Tbf S9 never got put on Netflix 

Insert snarky comment about S9 here

Most likely licensing given the older Transformers cartoon barring the Netflix made War For Cybertron trilogy got removed as well 

Season 9 was never on the Flix and Seasons 8 and 9 were never sold on DVD, and the Elements of Harmony Book III was never written because Hasbro are a bunch of filthy, rotten, despicable, no good, dirty, backstabbing pieces of f*cking sh*t.  We gave them a decade of our lives and they couldn't even let us own the whole series.  Not releasing S8 & 9 on disc was the biggest middle finger they ever could have given us.  Honestly, at this point, (and I can't believe I'm saying this), I hope Disney buys them out and then either releases S8 & 9 on disc or puts the whole series on Disney+ where it should at least be safe.  Hasbro... f*cking traitors.

Yeah, I'm bitter.  So sue me.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah it was never on Netflix to begin with, it was always on Hulu. Would be nice if Hasbro would release a full series collection on bluray on something, especially since the series is getting removed from Netflix soon

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Breeze said:

S9 was never on Netflix and that legit makes me upset, cause it's one of my fav seasons. At least I can watch it on YouTube. :p 

yup "letupita" or something... no need to pirate...

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Season 9 never came to Netflix in Canada either, which meant there was no way to watch it on-demand, and it's not streaming anywhere else either. Not sure it's even available on iTunes, though cartoons are really confusing there. Crossing my fingers that all nine seasons wind up on Prime or Crave when the Netflix deal is over. 

• Brohoof 1

On 6/1/2022 at 1:36, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Es difícil, pero creo que solo se están preparando para G5 . Todavía desearía que pudieran mantenerlo allí, ya que será más difícil encontrar lugares para volver a ver G4 .

I actually don't understand why it has anything to do with the G5 arrival... I mean, they could keep the older gen and stream the newer without any problem :( 

• Brohoof 1

So a lot of people seemed to think that Netflix wasn't going to remove the show anymore cause they stopped seeing the Removal warning on the episodes. I still saw it, but much less frequently. Other people thought it was just a glitch or mistake and they were definitely going to remove it all anyway.

Looks like Netflix compromised these ideas and just removed the last 4 seasons, so now we have seasons 1-4 available only. At least in US netflix.

A shame, I was halfway through season 5. ):

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-06 at 1:38 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

FiM is leaving Netflix all together on the 31st. I hope there's other places to stream it! :(

On 2022-01-06 at 2:54 AM, RaraLover said:

I think it's the same here in Australia, too. I stream FiM on Netflix every night, and I've never seen Season 9 on there at all. :sunny: It was something I've always wished they added, but with FiM leaving Netflix at the end of the month, it appears that it was just not meant to happen. :(

On 2022-01-06 at 5:13 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Oh, great. G4 ponies are indeed leaving Netflix :eww:

Turned out we jumped the gun again. It's February 1st and the first eight seasons of friendship and Magic is still on Netflix apparently just like they did in the past with previous Seasons it looked like it was going to expire but within the last month they somehow must have done something to extend their contract or something.

I feel compelled to once again show this clip about the difference between

it's going to be a sad day when the show gets removed

And

you mean if the show gets removed

If. If is good

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-06 at 11:19 AM, Astral Soul said:

S9 was never on German Netflix either and as far as I learned it hasn't never been added to any Netflix. So it hasn't been removed at all. 

S9 wasn't on Swedish Netflix either. :worry:

On 2022-02-02 at 12:55 PM, Will Guide said:

Turned out we jumped the gun again. It's February 1st and the first eight seasons of friendship and Magic is still on Netflix apparently just like they did in the past with previous Seasons it looked like it was going to expire but within the last month they somehow must have done something to extend their contract or something.

Yeah, I heard about that, and I'm glad that FiM is still on Netflix. :yay: Though, in Australia, only the first season is available as of now. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1