Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E06 - The Unboxing of Izzy

DivineMist1000

Time for a new episode of TYT, everypony!

Title: The Unboxing of Izzy
Release Date: April 21st, 2022
Written By: Eric Branscum
Synopsis: Hitch is eager to show his friends on a tour, but Izzy finds an old unicorn trap.
Note:

• Brohoof 2

Looks like I was correct in my suspicion that this would be a Hitch focused episode, at least partially. In that regard, it was alright, although I think the humor was lacking again this time around. Perhaps kids would find this funny, but I honestly find Izzy being trapped in a box a lot more annoying than amusing. Nothing terrible, and certainly not the worst MLP has ever offered, but nothing that jives with me either. Still, I am glad they are willing to give Hitch some attention as well; even though this is a property aimed at young girls, I actually think Spike was among the best characters in FiM, and if they play their cards right, Hitch could very well be among the best this generation as well.

• Brohoof 1

Oh I think this one is my favorite so far for the comedic factor. Izzy levitating the box got a chuckle out of me, but the others just tying a rope to try and make the tour work? That actually made me scream! It also had a really good lesson too. I'd love more of this in the future.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't know the traps could lift, I thought they were adhered to the floor, and that's where the closing flaps would come from...

Whatever, not gonna think about it.

Cute episode though!

• Brohoof 1

Surprised they missed one of those traps only to end up missing another one at the end. Oh, and I loved seeing the very obvious Transformers reference.

• Brohoof 2

I love how part of my mind thought this was going to be an episode about Izzy doing an unboxing video from the title before I realized it's more of a Hitch episode about Izzy's boxsona. :ButtercupLaugh:

An episode about my two favorite characters definitely did not disappoint, what a shocker. Izzy amused me more than she did in Nightmare Roommate (that Spongebob reference was perfect), and intrigued me too with her believing she was literally a box. :dash: It's so nice too how much Hitch just wanted every pony to enjoy the tour, funny how his two spotlight moments have both been in episodes about Izzy too. 

• The title was changed to S01:E06 - The Unboxing of Izzy