Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff Free Hugs Inside

Jeric

EB1D18D4-F8C2-423A-8526-99F325BEF008.jpeg

I swear @Sir Hugsalot has a name that I could pun for weeks. I feel disappointed that I chose an easy one. So I’ve known the guy since I joined April of 2014. Back when we were both users the forum was full of hijinx and shenanigans, most good, some toxic. Hugs was in the positive column. A natural jokester, he always had me laughing. 

Late last year I had the first opportunity to work with him. He is honest, authentic, and deeply cares about this community. Though not exact, he shares a similar philosophy of moderation, and will be able to persevere among any challenge as he develops his own style. Kindness, empathy, and humor are his calling cards. 

In the recent years, Moderation has been discussed in sites and servers outside of this community. The words I’ve seen and heard, were not entirely inaccurate. I believe that Hugs may be a force for positive change that MLPF moderation needs. It just takes a few with a gentle, fair, and understanding approach to make a difference. The users will be able to approach him in confidence as a peer and in some cases as a friend. He is fair, and that is the greatest compliment I can give a person. 

So effective immediately Hugs will perform dual roles as the newest member of the Moderation team and maintain being a member of Events. He lives in Europe so let’s do him the honor of having him wake up with all the good vibes in here and also on his profile. Bury the guy with virtual hugs. 

• Brohoof 13

SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!! *tackle hug glomps*

THIS REQUIRES YET ANOTHER ART PIECE -- OF CHEEKINESS AND AND ... JITHJIDRXJHDRJIHJD 2014 ANTICS -- I SHALL RETURN. 

*poofs*

• Brohoof 4

Now I know who'll be making sure the hug reaction isn't misused. 30QJkkP.png.76a29812b779149867c264313c6e

and if someone does... e-celestia-hmmm.png

Oh look, the rules have been updated.. :lookup:

totally legit guidelines.png

Anyway, congratulations @Sir Hugsalot! :D With you here, the forums will be even more polished.

Choose your reaction wisely, Celestia is watching...

SVuI915.png.8442fb27f0b6ae7e72c3445b6c63          

• Brohoof 2

Where do I even begin...

I am very happy and honored to be such an important part of the team now and I can't wait to spread the hugs with further increased intensity from now on >:3 work on making the community even happier and safer, being the one they can always reach out to with anything they need <3 Jeric, thank You for putting this trust in me, I will not disappoint <3 

But beware, this doesn't make You safe from any potential shennanigans, if anything... they may even get worse now :devious:

7 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!! *tackle hug glomps*

THIS REQUIRES YET ANOTHER ART PIECE -- OF CHEEKINESS AND AND ... JITHJIDRXJHDRJIHJD 2014 ANTICS -- I SHALL RETURN. 

*poofs*

Art from my darling? Now that would be amazing way to celebrate! ;-; *tackle hugs her back* <3 

7 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

It is wonderful to see this. You deserve it. I look forward to working with and seeing you around in the staff in the future! You truly do deserve it.

Thank You, Props ;-; It is truly a joy to interact with You and I am more than happy to continue that <3 *hugs* :3

5 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Now I know who'll be making sure the hug reaction isn't misused. 30QJkkP.png.76a29812b779149867c264313c6e

and if someone does... e-celestia-hmmm.png

Oh look, the rules have been updated.. :lookup:

totally legit guidelines.png

Anyway, congratulations @Sir Hugsalot! :D With you here, the forums will be even more polished.

Choose your reaction wisely, Celestia is watching...

SVuI915.png.8442fb27f0b6ae7e72c3445b6c63          

:lookup: I would recommend adding yet another rule...

Wątróbka, from now on is officially illegal on mlpforums.com. Consumption attempt shall be met with Sir having a grumpy face and refusing to hug the consumer for 0,0000001 seconds.

5 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Congrats @Sir Hugsalot! I'm sure that you will do well as a moderator! :yay:

I promise not to use the "Ban Epic" rule too often :please: Seriously though, I am very happy to be here and I look very forward to what's to come now <3 *hugs* :3 

3 hours ago, Cash_In said:

Congratulations Sir Hugsalot!

Thank You! *hugs* : D

3 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

:wacko:

...I was told there would be hugs...

Also, congrats @Sir Hugsalot! May your rule be the friendliest, hug-filled rule ever. Or else I'll be coming for the throne next. :sneer:

You heard that right! *hugs Samurai* :3 And worry not, I will be a beacon of wholesomeness as always! :proud: Cannot disappoint Samurai Equine <3 

2 hours ago, AuroraGlimmer said:

@Sir Hugsalot ! Congrats mate! I can't think of anyone more deserving of the post than you, mate!

I am humbled, Aurora! ;-; Thank You :3

Seriously, all this makes me very happy. I love You all. I love this community. And I think I will stop here to not sound like Palpatine... it's too early for that identity to be revealed!

What a lovely thing to wake up to <3 

• Brohoof 1

Congratulations @Sir Hugsalot,

with you they took the best and finest hugs they could ever find and put into one person and you have decided to shar them with all of us. So I know they picked the right person for the job.

Congratulations again!

And now let's have some of these hugs :>

matt-hug-hugs.gif

• Brohoof 1

SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting here, my friend. ^^

You've achieved 'adminship' which is awesome, not sure if it's even a word lol.

I have something for you, my friend.

Spoiler

Tnt GIFs | Tenor

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Astral Soul said:

Congratulations @Sir Hugsalot,

with you they took the best and finest hugs they could ever find and put into one person and you have decided to shar them with all of us. So I know they picked the right person for the job.

Congratulations again!

And now let's have some of these hugs :>

matt-hug-hugs.gif

*hugs* thank You so much, I am humbled :3 I will make sure to provide plenty of hugs to the forums c:

4 hours ago, Nitobit said:

Congratulations Sir! I'm sure you'll do great in your new role. :squee:

Aww Nito, thank You so much ;-; I will do my best for that <3 *hugs*

3 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

SIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting here, my friend.

You've achieved 'adminship' which is awesome, not sure if it's even a word lol.

I have something for you, my friend.

Hide contents

Tnt GIFs | Tenor

Thank You so much, Rocky <3 *hugs* You humble me, for real... ;-; 

... about the... gift...

Spoiler

*bans*

NO TNT ALLOWED :Cozy::laugh:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

:lookup: I would recommend adding yet another rule...

Wątróbka, from now on is officially illegal on mlpforums.com. Consumption attempt shall be met with Sir having a grumpy face and refusing to hug the consumer for 0,0000001 seconds

e-celestiaderp.png Yeah, I was going to mention, that with you being a mod, I'm so done joking about wątróbka. :mlp_icwudt:

But you know, let's enforce the 4-step instructions on how to consume wątróbka.

image.png

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Silverspark184 said:

I don't  know Sirhugsalot that well but I have seen him in rps and other places and seeing he is a good friend to everyone I give him a congrats 

Thank You :rarity: It's always fun to see You interact in RPs and if You so wish I am more than happy to become Your friend! :D

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Yay! My wish was granted. :D

thebest.gif.6300113a9bb5e90608cf9980e7af96e4.gif

See? Promises are being kept. He shall not disappoint. :toldya:

*whispers to Sir*

Spoiler

You better not c:<

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

Thank You :rarity: It's always fun to see You interact in RPs and if You so wish I am more than happy to become Your friend! :D

I hope we have fun rps in the future maybe I will have ideas that will involve some ponies maybe work on ideas with help 

• Brohoof 1

There isn't much more I can add that hasn't all ready been said, but...~

Congrats dude! ^^

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

See? Promises are being kept. He shall not disappoint. :toldya:

*whispers to Sir*

Reveal hidden contents

You better not c:<

Oh worry not, my darling, I will make sure the hug supplies are always there availible for all who need them :fluttershy:

16 minutes ago, Silverspark184 said:

I hope we have fun rps in the future maybe I will have ideas that will involve some ponies maybe work on ideas with help 

Hey, that would be great, for me RPs are a new thing, but so far I really had a blast with them! :D 

11 minutes ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

There isn't much more I can add that hasn't all ready been said, but...~

Congrats dude! ^^

Thank You, Pathfinder! *hugs* : D Happy to be here! :3 

• Brohoof 1

Hooray, hugs for Hugsalot! :squee: 

1548104.gif

Although I can't honestly say that I've known Hugs for as long, I'm delighted to congratulate him the same way I was delighted to congratulate Silky because he's also an ultra-nice and warm soul. Great to have him on staff now! :kirin:

• Brohoof 2

Hey @Sir Hugsalot!

Congratulations on the level up! :ButtercupLaugh:

Love to see you taking part of an awesome team on an Awesome forum with awesome people! :hug_day:

ccb.gif

Edited by Sophie H.

49 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Hooray, hugs for Hugsalot! :squee: 

1548104.gif

Although I can't honestly say that I've known Hugs for as long, I'm delighted to congratulate him the same way I was delighted to congratulate Silky because he's also an ultra-nice and warm soul. Great to have him on staff now! :kirin:

Aww, I am humbled that You speak so warmly of me <3 *hugs* we should totally hang out more <3 

38 minutes ago, Sophie H. said:

Hey @Sir Hugsalot!

Congratulations on the level up! :ButtercupLaugh:

Love to see you taking part of an awesome team on an Awesome forum with awesome people!  :hug:

ccb.gif

Thank You, Sophie! To You I promise I will *always* defend rights of platypuses on the forums! :laugh:*hugs* :3 

27 minutes ago, Savy said:

Congrats Sir Hugsalot!!

8dd.gif.9e6c7d725e5d7897db3a65e93beb5669.gif

Thank You, Savy! *hug* <3