Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff Free Hugs Inside

Jeric

On 2023-04-12 at 8:42 PM, Jeric said:

EB1D18D4-F8C2-423A-8526-99F325BEF008.jpeg

I swear @Sir Hugsalot has a name that I could pun for weeks. I feel disappointed that I chose an easy one. So I’ve known the guy since I joined April of 2014. Back when we were both users the forum was full of hijinx and shenanigans, most good, some toxic. Hugs was in the positive column. A natural jokester, he always had me laughing. 

Late last year I had the first opportunity to work with him. He is honest, authentic, and deeply cares about this community. Though not exact, he shares a similar philosophy of moderation, and will be able to persevere among any challenge as he develops his own style. Kindness, empathy, and humor are his calling cards. 

In the recent years, Moderation has been discussed in sites and servers outside of this community. The words I’ve seen and heard, were not entirely inaccurate. I believe that Hugs may be a force for positive change that MLPF moderation needs. It just takes a few with a gentle, fair, and understanding approach to make a difference. The users will be able to approach him in confidence as a peer and in some cases as a friend. He is fair, and that is the greatest compliment I can give a person. 

So effective immediately Hugs will perform dual roles as the newest member of the Moderation team and maintain being a member of Events. He lives in Europe so let’s do him the honor of having him wake up with all the good vibes in here and also on his profile. Bury the guy with virtual hugs. 

MOTHER OF LUNA!!! There are so much ponies getting promotions around those times! So much ponies that deserved their new rank! Like @Sir Hugsalot! He's a good pony! I've been promoted to general of an army of knights in my dream as well! Anyway, @Sir Hugsalot has my entire support and approval! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

So that's why there is now a hug emoji? :hug_day:

Well, it was worth the time it took to make it has the stamp of approval for our new moderator! :squee:

Also, @Sir Hugsalot... I've been talking with you a few times already but... you never gave me an hug! :twi:

Edited by Shiny Silvermoon
  • Brohoof 1

Sir! Ready for duty! :eager: Congratulations @Sir Hugsalot on your promotion!!  I know with the kind of a guy like you,  who is level headed, kind-hearted, and always knows what to say for a good reason, you definitely fit the role!! From what I have seen, you have done such an amazing and noble job around the forum and keeping the community altogether! I couldn’t be more proud on what you have accomplished! I’m looking forward continuing to work alongside with you. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

Congrats! Empathy and warmth are rare qualities on the internet - more so for Mods and Admins. hah!

Gems are rare for a reason I suppose...

I extend my hope that you can bring some magic back into the community.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Silky levels up to administrator, and now Sir to moderator! Congratulations, Sir! :D

A literal Princess Cadance and Shining Armor case right here I would say :pinkie:

Thank You so much, Cagey! Now I am curious how would Frostbite react to this XD *hugs*!

11 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

MOTHER OF LUNA!!! There are so much ponies getting promotions around those times! So much ponies that deserved their new rank! Like @Sir Hugsalot! He's a good pony! I've been promoted to general of an army of knights in my dream as well! Anyway, @Sir Hugsalot has my entire support and approval! :pinkie:

You would make one fine general for such an army, Shiny! Thank You so much <3 I am doing my best to always make others happy ! :3 

11 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

So that's why there is now a hug emoji? :hug_day:

Well, it was worth the time it took to make it has the stamp of approval for our new moderator! :squee:

Also, @Sir Hugsalot... I've been talking with you a few times already but... you never gave me an hug! :twi:

I haven't yet?! What an oversight on my end! Get over here : D *tackle hugs*! 

8 hours ago, TBD said:

Sir! Ready for duty! :eager: Congratulations @Sir Hugsalot on your promotion!!  I know with the kind of a guy like you,  who is level headed, kind-hearted, and always knows what to say for a good reason, you definitely fit the role!! From what I have seen, you have done such an amazing and noble job around the forum and keeping the community altogether! I couldn’t be more proud on what you have accomplished! I’m looking forward continuing to work alongside with you. :kirin:

TBD, You sincerely humble me... :rarity: I am just doing my best at being a good friend in a community, hearing such positive feedback really encourages me to be myself more. I am truly humbled *hugs* :coco:

15 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

Congrats! Empathy and warmth are rare qualities on the internet - more so for Mods and Admins. hah!

Gems are rare for a reason I suppose...

I extend my hope that you can bring some magic back into the community.

I will do my best for that, Mirage. I am happy to see yet another member return to our humble community and I do hope You'll stay around for a while! *hugs* 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

A hug for @Sir Hugsalot and his new promotion:hug_day:  

Ziggy!! Thank You so much! *hugs*! 

Do I get a free Y Wing flight for my promotion? : D

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

I already gave you on, you silly pony :toldya:

1 minute ago, Princess Silky said:

I already gave you on, you silly pony :toldya:

I need special shrinking spell to fit into that glorious ship though! D: 

I am still so grateful for that gift, my darling ;-;

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Me reading the topic title:

Screenshot_2023-04-14-20-51-36.png

And so the new era begins..

Screenshot_2023-04-14-21-05-54.png

Screenshot_2023-04-14-21-20-06.png

The last one especially is accurate c:

When problem appears just hug it. If hug doesn't help - boop it. If still no success... repeat until success happens :lookup:

That's how it works... right? Right? : o

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

The last one especially is accurate c:

When problem appears just hug it. If hug doesn't help - boop it. If still no success... repeat until success happens :lookup:

That's how it works... right? Right? : o

If hugging and booping doesn't work, you gotta LE SQUISH it. :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 1

I hope I'm not too late in saying this, but congratulations, @Sir Hugsalot!!!

I remember we got to meet in person recently and it was such an honor to meet you. Chatting and hanging out, I know you are kind, caring, an awesome friend and you have amazing hugs! I'm really happy and proud of you as you deserve it, my friend! Congratulations once again, Huggo! I know you'll do many great things and spread many amazing hugs across the forums! :hug_day:^-^

I hope it's also okay to ask for hugs as I know I'm someone that loves hugs. :) *hugs*

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

Yes indeed.  

2 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

I need special shrinking spell to fit into that glorious ship though! D: 

Sadly, our adventure flying it together will have to wait:sunny:  I was in a car accident:worry:  

Congratulations on the promotion.

So many staff members receiving promotions as of late. Does this mean I'll get one someday? Probably not as I'm not in this for that kind of thing. I just do whatever it is I'm supposed to do and nothing more.

3 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Congratulations on the promotion.

So many staff members receiving promotions as of late. Does this mean I'll get one someday? Probably not as I'm not in this for that kind of thing. I just do whatever it is I'm supposed to do and nothing more.

I promote you! You are now King Of Mustard! :squee:

7 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Well, I promote you Lord Of Hot Dogs! And I promote you and you and you and you and... *She keeps pointing pretty much everypony she sees and gives them nonesense titles.*

I am now The Lord of Planets! Hear me roar! :yay:

Edited by Saturn Ring