Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mask or vaccine requirements a thing?

Reiki Knight 13

First I just I want to say this post isn't about questioning if masks or vaccines are right or wrong.

That out of the way I was earnestly curious are vaccines or mask wearing still required in some countries or areas or no have they dropped those requirements?

I know they are required for conventions  I'm asking if it's just that or if these requirements are still in general effect elsewhere.

Again, and I want to make this very clear to all the admin this post isn't about right or wrong just curiosity on the current global situation nothing more.

in the UK, it depends on the setting

1268324.gif

don't think there's many public mask requirements and definitely no public vacc requirement. but some professions require masks (like physicians/care types) and some people (again - physicians etc) are required to have covid along with their other vaccines, I think.

(edited)

Proof of vaccination is no longer required in Lithuania, at least for most people. From what I can find, at least 70% of people had at least one shot (and the rate is higher for older people). 

Last time I went to a doctor (March) I had to put on a mask. Other places do not require them, the signs remain, but nobody is doing anything about it, so, I guess, people just don't bother removing the signs.

This winter the infection rate was quite low.

Edited by Pentium100

Even in my local hospital in USA they do not ask you to use a mask or anything about a vaccine. No, store is enforcing one either it's very easy to forget covid ever happened around here. The only time within the past few months I have ever been asked to mask was a eye doctor at a private practice.    

Last time I had to wear a mask in the U.S was when I went to urgent care in November while visibly sick with a cough and everything. Haven't had to wear it any other time, nor I have seen anything really requiring a vaccine either.

Not required in the US. When I went to Japan in the spring they made you either be vaccinated or show a proof of a recent COVID test but they have since dropped requirements. People still wear masks there often on public transport but it's not a mandate.

Western Washington, I grew up around the corner from Providence Hospital where patient zero for the United States was admitted. 

Maybe 10-5% of people still go out in public wearing masks.

Some medical facilities fell into a grey area for a few months after the general mask mandate lifted. The Veterinary Clinic I work at wore them when interacting with clients for a while still. Now we don't. My Chiropractor required them a bit longer as well.

I believe our regular health clinics and hospitals still require them.

I recently traveled by plane to Vegas, and brought masks just in case but never wore them. I was a little surprised actually, about the same number of people at the airport or back home were wearing masks, if not fewer.

Otherwise I only know of a few small businesses whose owners are immuno-compromised that still require everyone wear them on the premises.

(edited)

As far as I know, in most parts of the world, no. Most of Asia, which is the largest and most populated continent in the world, has been repealing COVID restrictions for quite some time. Even China started rescinding most of its "zero-COVID policy" rules. 

Edited by Misty Shadow

(edited)

Here in DC I was wearing a mask a few weeks ago just because of the horrible air quality :yuck: but for the most part no one wears masks except for some older people.

I saw a lot more people in South Korea with masks when I visited last month but it was never required anywhere I went.

Dunno about vaccine requirements but I haven’t been asked for it so probably not.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

3 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

Okay, so long story short with some rare exception here or there only MLP conventions have requirements.

there are MLP conventions with mask* requirements? D:

Spoiler

that aren't masks of the best and pinkest of ponies

33 minutes ago, North Star said:

there are MLP conventions with mask* requirements? D:

Hide contents

that aren't masks of the best and pinkest of ponies

As far as I know they demand whatever the  current  vax drug WHO  recommendations and  face mask.

huh, the WHO still recommend face masks at pony conventions

I mean, vaccs make sense, I guess, given pretty much everyone should have that by now. but still with the masks :(  I suppose if it keeps ponies safe...

(edited)

It’s no longer required unless private establishments make it so. I do know most Doctor’s offices require it

41 minutes ago, North Star said:

huh, the WHO still recommend face masks at pony conventions

I mean, vaccs make sense, I guess, given pretty much everyone should have that by now. but still with the masks :(  I suppose if it keeps ponies safe...

If Pony cons are going to require then they will

Edited by Megas

Thankfully most of that nonsense seems to have gone away now that the media can no longer profit by perpetuating a panic over it. People got tired of playing the game and, even though some of the effects of it are now permanent (no one runs full business hours or offers the same services anymore) the silly masks, which accomplished NOTHING are more or less gone. And most countries no longer require proof of vaccine to cross their borders. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Thankfully most of that nonsense seems to have gone away now that the media can no longer profit by perpetuating a panic over it.

Now that the drug companies got a mountain of tax money.

• Brohoof 1

Masks were never a requirement in my stupid selfish town. In the local city they were, but were dropped fairly quickly. Outside of rehearsals (where I play wind instruments, so...) I still wear a mask, as I am immuno-compromised, and honestly it's an incredibly minor inconvenience.

Vaccines were never a requirement either? They just counted on people being smart and care about others, but those traits are rare in my town. I can't wait to move!