Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had spent your entire life locked in your bedroom only on the internet, what would you think the real world was like?

Reecejackox

Chaos and destruction and drama since that's all you see in the news :laugh:

I suppose that's a really good example to understand. We should monitor more of what we expose our minds to online. It's easy to fall into the endless rabbit hole of negativity.

If I spent life in room with only internet to show me the outside world I’d be living in a world of lies, exaggerations, sensationalism and a cesspool of manipulation by countless people with agendas they must impose on others. You’ve heard the saying, ‘Living a lie’? Well subsisting on a steady diet of internet would be living a lie. That’s why I despise the internet and consider it one of the worst inventions ever created.

An awful horrible place. No really. My town considered one of the most dangerous in my entire state going by online statistics,websites and articles. Yet I’ve lived here my whole life and I just don’t see it. Especially the ones claiming we’re worse than Baltimore. That being said there are dangerous places in town but like anywhere else…..don’t go to those places alone and take precautions if you do….  I had been reading articles like that since I was young. It gave me horrible anxiety until I hit the driving age and got a car. It’s going shopping alone and going to appointments alone without anyone pulling a gun on me. I just can’t stand how it’s been made to seem like such a bad place. We’re not all criminals and bad people who live here…. Nobody would come here at all just going by what’s online. 

I'd probably be thinking the world is a worse place than it actually is. We tend to focus way too much on the negativity in life and really there are some serious problems in the world that needs to be addressed, but I still don't think it's something that warrants being a hermit your whole life. Like the places I've lived in are no where near as bad as some would make them out to be

Edited by Megas

Yeah if get stuck in my room all the time with the internet I wouldn't  be going anywhere not even to the library or tlaking to people off the internet not everything outside internet is all bad you got to think of the good things the actual world gives or ypu will miss out the other fun things in life