Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If an older Flurry Heart or Cadance showed up in MLP G5 what would you reaction be?

WickedGames

6 minutes ago, Otaku-sempai said:

That depends on how well it was handled! 

I know they probably can’t used Flurry Heart because her license is still own by Discovery Family not Hasbro

But I am just saying what if

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

I know they probably can’t used Flurry Heart because her license is still own by Discovery Family not Hasbro

There’s only one year left :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, WickedGames said:

But I am just saying what if

Let's just say that I haven't been completely happy with how the G5 team has handled the G4 lore. But I'd like to see what happened to the Crystal Empire since the time of Twilight's Mane 6. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know what to expect from their return and I don't even know how they would do it in a way that would disappoint me, so I don't know, I'm actually more curious to know what happened to them than to see them again, and, did you also mean an "Older Cadance"?  Does that include her appearance too? Because I don't think she can get any older in appearance, 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
18 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I don't know what to expect from their return and I don't even know how they would do it in a way that would disappoint me, so I don't know, I'm actually more curious to know what happened to them than to see them again, and, did you also mean an "Older Cadance"?  Does that include her appearance too? Because I don't think she can get any older in appearance, 

Remember Twilight in The Last Problem?

Edited by WickedGames
  • Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

Remember Twilight in The Last Program?

I think you meant The Last Problem? If so, then I believe she doesn't show up in G5 with her older apperance because her Celestia-ish design is one of the stuff stuck to Discovery Family, so they had to use her pre-time skip appearance, or maybe it was just a crestive decision and if Twilight appears in person she'll have her design from the final FiM episode.

Or you mentioned it because of something else?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

I think you meant The Last Problem? If so, then I believe she doesn't show up in G5 with her older apperance because her Celestia-ish design is one of the stuff stuck to Discovery Family, so they had to use her pre-time skip appearance, or maybe it was just a crestive decision and if Twilight appears in person she'll have her design from the final FiM episode.

Or you mentioned it because of something else?

That also is a problem why they show Flurry Heart or most of the Crystal Empire 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, WickedGames said:

That also is a problem why they show Flurry Heart or most of the Crystal Empire 

I'd like to point out how the only place from G4 that shows up in animated G5 is the supposed Everfree Forest in A New Generation (that empty field with a pink tree), even if it's true that it's meant to be same place, it looks extremely different and they never say the name, so they escaped from having problems with Discovery Family without any worries, this could be a proof that even the locations from G4 are stuck to the contract, so that pretty much explains why there's nothing about the Crystal Empire YET.

29 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Except spike.... We dont talk about spike.

I honestly had no problem with Spike and the dragons other than they never explained why they look so different, they had a opportunity and they wasted it, so my only guess is that in-universe this doesn't matter and they only look different because Hasbro thought that "ponyfying" their appearance would make them more pleasing visually, thus selling more toys.

After MyM chapter 6 all they got was a single episode in TyT's Season 1 though, so I guess we can assume they want to pretend it didn't happen :discord_balloon:

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I'd like to point out how the only place from G4 that shows up in animated G5 is the supposed Everfree Forest in A New Generation (that empty field with a pink tree), even if it's true that it's meant to be same place, it looks extremely different and they never say the name, so they escaped from having problems with Discovery Family without any worries, this could be a proof that even the locations from G4 are stuck to the contract, so that pretty much explains why there's nothing about the Crystal Empire YET.

I honestly had no problem with Spike and the dragons other than they never explained why they look so different, they had a opportunity and they wasted it, so my only guess is that in-universe this doesn't matter and they only look different because Hasbro thought that "ponyfying" their appearance would make them more pleasing visually, thus selling more toys.

After MyM chapter 6 all they got was a single episode in TyT's Season 1 though, so I guess we can assume they want to pretend it didn't happen :discord_balloon:

Expect nothing heavy or amazing at gen 5.

They want nothing with the brony community. They want to cater to children, not the adults. Hence one can see on their writing and story telling... It aint amazing.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
11 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

They want nothing with the brony community. They want to cater to children, not the adults. Hence one can see on their writing and story telling... It aint amazing.

Even children deserve good writing and interesting characters though. 

The way I remember it is that the tree was supposed to be the Tree of Harmony (minus the treehouse of the Young Six). 

image.jpeg.9d4ad969bca01b970921d32ec6a5e57f.jpeg

image.jpeg.fa5d0f61fe40e69dfbe2fcf36e0d9aea.jpeg

Edited by Otaku-sempai
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

I never expected anything from G5 but just a fun series with horses for me to watch, and I partially disagree with what you said below

I don't believe they want anything with the community, but I do think they tried to do what the "fans wanted" because they thought that this would lead to this generation being a success like G4, I'm pretty sure that kids don't care about this taking place in the same continuity as G4, nor about Twilight and Spike's return and much less about the references, they must think "hm the previous generation was better, fok this one" at best, the ones who actually care about continuity and want to see more of G4 are the bronies, the kids who watched G4 during its original run and are now all adults

Of course they want to cater to chidlren, but I can guarantee for you that if the adults weren't part of their target, this generation would've been completely unrelated to G4, as they know that they would need to wait til 2025 to make new G4 stuff, they knew what they were doing by making those references and connections to the previous generation, they wouldn't break their heads for nothing, they knew this was the path to success (it's not my point if it worked or not), remember that we're living the decade of nostalgia, the heads behind the audiovisual contents are trying to deliver what the fans want or at least what they believe the fans want to see because they know it can work (and it failed multiple times)

The Secrets of Starlight special and everything that came out after Opaline's defeat made me theorize that they realized the attempts on making this Gen a sequel to G4 didn't generate the success they expected, so they gave up on it and decided to work with original characters and villains and they forgpt about G4, but Misty's Room recently SUPPOSEDLY brought the concept of the Multiverse.

The money speaks.

1 hour ago, Otaku-sempai said:

The way I remember it is that the tree was supposed to be the Tree of Harmony (minus the treehouse of the Young Six). 

That's it, if I'm correct it was someone called Imalou a G5 artist who revealed it, yet, even if it's true, the names Tree of Harmony and Everfree Forest are never mentioned and the place itself is practically unrecognizable, so honestly that info don't mean much, even I could say that this place is what's left of the Everfree Forest and that this is the Tree of Harmony and I could not be refuted because in-universe there's nothing about it YET, also, they could in the future say it's not the same place and tree, that wouldn't mean anything other than a simple change of plans (of course, considering that Imalou is right), that's why I said in the other post that it's supposedly the Everfree Forest, because the contract apparently don't even let them use the same locations from G4.

Edited by Rafa Stary
Add and correct important info
  • Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Otaku-sempai said:

Even children deserve good writing and interesting characters though. 

noh... they deserve veggies and learning muhahaha im eevil...

14 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I never expected anything from G5 but just a fun series with horses for me to watch, and I partially disagree with what you said below

I don't believe they want anything with the community, but I do think they tried to do what the "fans wanted" because they thought that this would lead to this generation being a success like G4, I'm pretty sure that kids don't care about this taking place in the same continuity as G4, nor about Twilight and Spike's return and much less about the references, they must think "hm the previous generation was better, fok this one" at best, the ones who actually care about continuity and want to see more of G4 are the bronies, the kids who watched G4 during its original run and are now all adults

Of course they want to cater to chidlren, but I can guarantee for you that if the adults weren't part of their target, this generation would've been completely unrelated to G4, as they know that they would need to wait til 2025 to make new G4 stuff, they knew what they were doing by making those references and connections to the previous generation, they wouldn't break their heads for nothing, they knew this was the path to success (it's not my point if it worked or not), remember that we're living the decade of nostalgia, the heads behind the audiovisual contents are trying to deliver what the fans want or at least what they believe the fans want to see because they know it can work (and it failed multiple times)

The Secrets of Starlight special and everything that came out after Opaline's defeat made me theorize that they realized the attempts on making this Gen a sequel to G4 didn't generate the success they expected, so they gave up on it and decided to work with original characters and villains and they forgpt about G4, but Misty's Room recently SUPPOSEDLY brought the concept of the Multiverse.

The money speaks.

That's it, if I'm correct it was someone called Imalou a G5 artist who revealed it, yet, even if it's true, the names Tree of Harmony and Everfree Forest are never mentioned and the place itself is practically unrecognizable, so honestly that info don't mean much, even I could say that this place is what's left of the Everfree Forest and that this is the Tree of Harmony and I could not be refuted because in-universe there's nothing about it YET, also, they could in the future say it's not the same place and tree, that wouldn't mean anything other than a simple change of plans (of course, considering that Imalou is right), that's why I said in the other post that it's supposedly the Everfree Forest, because the contract apparently don't even let them use the same locations from G4.

them putting spike on gen 5 was a clear sign of hatred towards the brony community. ( me just kidding around....although they say that jokes are half meant....)

yeah and the community wished they didnt connect gen4 with gen 5... that probably ruined gen 5.

connections of gen 4 with gen 5 is ehkk at best.

• Brohoof 2

On 2/29/2024 at 5:03 PM, Rafa Stary said:

I guess the Crystal Empire has been replaced by Starlight Ridge then 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

yeah and the community wished they didnt connect gen4 with gen 5... that probably ruined gen 5.

connections of gen 4 with gen 5 is ehkk at best.

If it ruined G5 then that is limited to you and other G4 fans at best, G5 is definitely not a success like G4 but it's far from being a flop, kids probably just want something fun to watch and given how this generation is still going on I think it's fair to assume that at least is working.

And I'm not active in the community but I already saw plenty of folks who wanted to see G4 stuff in this generation and they like them, just because the "community" wished they didn't connect the two generations it doesn't mean Hasbro was aware of it, as I said, they do what they believe it works, that's why some recent nostalgia traps failed :oh_golly:

3 hours ago, WickedGames said:

I guess the Crystal Empire has been replaced by Starlight Ridge then 

I'm not sure how I should interpret this, but if you meant that Starlight Ridge and the Auroricorns are somehow related to the Crystal Empire and the Crystal Horses, then I'm completely lost here because I didn't notice a single connection between them, Starlight Ridge also taking place in a frozen land doesn't mean much for me.

• Brohoof 1

If it ruined G5 then that is limited to you and other G4 fans at best, G5 is definitely not a success like G4 but it's far from being a flop, kids probably just want something fun to watch and given how this generation is still going on I think it's fair to assume that at least is working.

And I'm not active in the community but I already saw plenty of folks who wanted to see G4 stuff in this generation and they like them, just because the "community" wished they didn't connect the two generations it doesn't mean Hasbro was aware of it, as I said, they do what they believe it works, that's why some recent nostalgia traps faile

me: ( looks at gen 5...) "gen 5 is not a flop?....really?"

yup it is. no profit= flop.

only thing getting profit is wizards of the coast.

give it a year and i could probably buy the rights of MLP hahaa:PIPPIPHURRAY:

I'm not sure how I should interpret this, but if you meant that Starlight Ridge and the Auroricorns are somehow related to the Crystal Empire and the Crystal Horses, then I'm completely lost here because I didn't notice a single connection between them, Starlight Ridge also taking place in a frozen land doesn't mean much for me.

i consider them like EQG. another world from limbo.

• Brohoof 1