Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If You Found Out Your Lover Was A Pony......

Mr. Jaguar

Would you still date this person even though they're a pony?  

61 users have voted

1. 1. Would you still date your lover if you found out her or she was a pony?

• Yes, love goes beyond outward physical appearances, and they're fully capable of consent and are highly intelligent just like us, so there's nothing wrong with it
    • No, despite the fact the fact that they can consent and are intelligent like us, it'd be too weird for me.
    • I cant decide.

(edited)

While I was reading the View's On Clopping thread today, I began mulling this over in my head. What if you were dating someone online, and found out they were a pony? Like, let's say humans and equestrian ponies live among one another. You begin dating someone on online, who claims to be a human like yourself. You really like eachother a lot, you have the same interests, hobbies, etc. One day, you decided to meet eachother in person, and you find out when you meet him or her that he or she is a pony. What would your reaction be? Would you still date this person, despite the fact that they're a pony? Bear in mind, this relationship would be purely romantic, nothing sexual.

I can't really comment, but I don't think I would, it'd feel too.....weird, to me, I don't look at ponies in a romantic or sexual manner, so I doubt that even a purely romantic relationship would work for me. On the one hand, it's so close to being with a normal animal that it creeps me out, on the other hand, they're fully intelligent, act like humans, and are capable of consent. I just don't know. It wouldn't be wrong, but it'd just be too weird for me I think.

Edit!: Another possibility, probably more believable, is that you and the pony were seeing each other in real life, going on dates and such, but he or she was magically transformed into a human whenever you were together. He or she was masquerading as a human when you got together, then after a while (say a month or two) he or she revealed to you that he/she is a pony.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 2

My face when my GF turns out to be a horse>> http://i.imgur.com/vZkHj.gif

I love my GF for something more than just physical lust. I love her because she was there when I'm at my worst, and she was terribly kind to me even when I couldn't give her anything. Hell, even if she turns out to be a daemon, I would still love her.

But if she turns out to be a guy of any species, I would buy a shovel

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Ah, what have I done with my opinions. I guess I'd give the relationship a shot, but I fear the amount of people chasing me with pitchforks and torches, so she better be fast flying Pegasus Pony like Raindow Dash to get me away from those angry mobs. XD

Allow me to share my controversial views on this, even if you are attracted (I personally am not attracted to them.) to MLP Ponies, it wouldn't be bestiality, since they aren't the same as animal Ponies of our world. For I believe as long as both species are sapient minded, doesn't matter how different they look and if they consciously know what they are doing, it's OK to have romantic feelings.

Also in a Futurama fan fiction I addressed the issues between a Human and a fully sapient alien relationship: Green Love.

And I'd also like to point out if we ever met sapient aliens from another world and some of us start having romantic relationships with them. Those of us who have the nerve to call them mere animals, would be racist to aliens. Since, who is really the animals, since let's say these aliens have had an intergalactic civilization far longer than us.

Sure in the Mass Effect game I dated an alien.

Edited by Rush

(edited)

Ponies live in such a happy, magical world though. If they combined that with our world? That would corrupt theirs. I know you're saying that as if it just happens, but I don't know how things would work out between the two of us.

Well if to say we do get along and just live among each other. Then I suppose I couldn't say no because I would be putting someone down based on appearances. On the other hand I may say no if I ever wanted to have children. I also wouldn't want someone I love to get hurt because I want to be with them, because people/ponies in that world would discriminate against that kind of relationship.

Edited by Dragonshy
  • Brohoof 1

On the other hand I may say no if I ever wanted to have children.

I'm not personally the type to stop dating or refuse to date someone just because we can't have kids together, if I'm in love with them, I'll be with them despite that. Can always surrogate.

Yeah :/ that would be um...

But if twilight turned us into ponies it would be fine :3

Remember, nothing sexual :)

• Brohoof 1

Also as I said in the other thread.

If a sapient MLP Pony and a Human have an abomination child together. XD

It may be a Centaur. But then again, it may be impossible for them to have children, but regardless they have the right to be together if they love one another.

(edited)

Hm... um... well, considering they certainly are sentient and human-like... I mean, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings... but... freakin'... that's dating a horse... meh... I dunno, I guess. But nothing, y'know, weeeiiird would go on, if ya catch my drift. :unsure:

Edited by letterZOID

(edited)

Ponies live in such a happy, magical world though. If they combined that with our world? That would corrupt theirs.

Well, there's always a possibility that this weird event took place in The Conversion Bureau universe :*

...or not

Edited by Dreamwalker

(edited)

Something similar to this scenario, in shrek 2, at the end, fiona's father was turned back into a frog permanently, but his wife still loved him and stayed with him despite this. Hmm.

To me, having children, is not sexual.. i see it as a beautiful thing :) Being able to let a piece of you live on :)

Yes, but babies come from sex (usually) so you'd have to have sex in order to have a child with him or her.

Edited by Pegasus25

Something similar to this scenario, in shrek 2, at the end, fiona's father was turned back into a frog permanently, but his wife still loved him and stayed with him despite this. Hmm.

Yes, but babies come from sex (usually) so you'd have to have sex in order to have a child with him or her.

Yeah, but i wasnt trying to say it in a way that sounded Sexual c:

(edited)

As long as your interspecies partner is sapient you can do whatever the hell you want together. If however it was non sapient, I think they should be killed (locked away forever in the dark at least, other than killing you) on the spot for doing such an awful deed for the abusing of animals.

Edited by Rush

(edited)

I'm really the only one who most likely wouldn't? Hmm, well I don't have a lover at the moment (and never had one for that matter) so it's different for me I guess, I supposed I'd feel different if I actually had a girlfriend who I was in love with, it's harder for me to understand since I don't I haven't ever. I'll change my vote to unsure in that case, I can't really answer this question until I've ever had a girlfriend I've been truly in love with.

Edited by Pegasus25

I'm not personally the type to stop dating or refuse to date someone just because we can't have kids together, if I'm in love with them, I'll be with them despite that. Can always surrogate.

Remember, nothing sexual :)

By saying, "In case I want kids", I meant in case I feel that I would probably have needs. I also wouldn't want someone I love to get hurt because I want to be with them. Because people/ponies in that world would discriminate against that kind of relationship.

Works for me. Don't need to do anything dirty, because adoption is available if needed, like what was said. Lovers are more for cuddling and being with, both of which ponies are perfect for, so XD

• Brohoof 2

You see, i'm one of those 'weird people'... i'm attracted to ponies almost as much as i'm attracted to humans.

If i were to end up dating an MLP Equine, then i'd be completely ok with that, it'd just be another relationship to me. If anything, it would make the relationship more exciting.

I could also go beyond just 'the romantic' side of the relationship.. well... that is if the pony felt the same way about me that is

So yes, i could easily date one of the ponies

On the subject of children, the physics in Equestria never seemed to make sense; if two earth ponies can make a unicorn and a pegasus, then why not human-pony hybrids.

Of course, since i'm a man of science, i have to believe that ponies share some genes with humans (they sure act an awful lot like humans), and if they don't, reproduction would be impossible

But, if they DO share genes, then i'd believe that the offspring would... well...

- a human-pegasus would resemble an angle

- a human-unicorn would be a human with a horn sticking out of their forehead

- a human-earth pony would just be a normal looking human

of course this is just my theory, but still