Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any lover of Math out there?

Professor SnuSnu

Meh, we all have our own opinions of whenever having tau around is worth it or not. It's one o' clock where I'm at. I'm going to bed.

True.  I do think it would help some people understand trig to have both.  But if you HAVE to have one pi wins [QED above]

Good night.

And back to riddle:

Anybody figure out my math cutie mark?

• Brohoof 1

True.  I do think it would help some people understand trig to have both.  But if you HAVE to have one pi wins [QED above]

Good night.

And back to riddle:

Anybody figure out my math cutie mark?

Is that a biscuit or cookie?

No problem :3 at least i have found a worthy challenger. :lol:

10603145_332264820265540_1218086744_n.jp

Now please if you can, or if you have found out the formulae to how this is possible, please explain in detail.

It says my shoe size is 6 (correct) buuut my age is 00.

I think I did it wrong...

• 5 years later...

I can’t stand algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and geometry. The funny thing is, I can take calculus. I see calculus as a short cut to learning mathematics. I also like chemistry stoichiometry. 

I wouldn't say, I 'love' maths, but I'm quite good at it, which is why I enjoy it more than other subjects that I'm not good at, such as English.

It more, I 'like' maths, rather than 'love'.

Edited by RaraLover
  • Brohoof 3

I love math! I just hate using it. And I hate people that use math just because it looks cool.

When math is used in the right context, it is the best! I think you get the most out of math through trigonometry (love it), and polynomials (love it), and matrices (eh), and complex numbers (kill me now).

• Brohoof 1

I love math. I could live and breathe math. Numbers will never let you down.

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

anything that’s algebra and above I’m too dumb for. 

It's not really about being smart enough for it. You just gotta have the right mindset toward it, you need to want to learn it. Most people don't want to though, which is perfectly fine. :P

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

I love math! I just hate using it. And I hate people that use math just because it looks cool.

It does look cool though! D: (can't post things right now, looking them up takes me way too long on mobile)

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I like statistics, trigonometry, and geometry. Regular old algebra is alright. But, like, calculus? Gross. :mlp_lie:

I guess you're not fit for engineering. At least not the hard ones.

In chemical engineering, bioengineering, electronics, etc. we breathe, eat, drink and bleed calculus and diferential equations.

• Brohoof 2

Well, me. I didn't really find the way it was taught really satisfactory (seriously, no wonder US math scores are GLOBALLY below average, FFS). 

I was in a state-level academic competition for a math related event, where I (almost) made it twice more, and also got a special medal when I graduated for being such a math nerd. So I'm pretty sure I'm kind of the resident math geek of small town S_____'s class of 2016. :twi: Though I've just always found it an underappreciated subject in general.

Edited by Le Angel Dust

I sincerely wish I enjoyed and was good with math. I really do. However, I am one of the unlucky ones diagnosed with Dyscalculia. I cannot comprehend math properly and had a very difficult time with it ever since I can remember. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I spend quite a lot of YouTube videos watching white board math classes...... Why? What's wrong with me?

Also, Calculus is really calling for me.... Especially that derivative stuff.