They could add Derpy to the gang  :muffins:

I would not mind that and plus Derpy is awesome. The only bad thing would hearing the fandom getting butthurt and complain like they always do about every little thing  :derp:

I'd love to see Derpy with the mane 6 more often, but I wouldn't like that she becomes a main character like them.

• Brohoof 1

I'd love to see Derpy with the mane 6 more often, but I wouldn't like that she becomes a main character like them

I understand that totally she is a great character but I was just aiming towards this thread more than anything. 

Derpy is cool :3 

• Brohoof 1

Marblepiesig2.png.fb6ac098bee1c85c0acf52419aab2729.png

I honestly wouldn't see the huge deal. I think it would be cool to start off with some new blood. :)
I mean, imagine having a naive, potential element. Just think, there are other elements out here that make up what friendship is all about, it can't be just that main 6. I'll throw my hat in the ring! :3

ℓ٥ﻻ  ﻉ√٥υ

It won't happen. It really won't. But they might try it. Work something in over a few seasons, and it might work, but Hasbro's not that patient.

Enter the Forest...

Eh? Well Discord or Spike would probably be a good member. If it is complete, we have seven deadly sins(Seven ways to win, seven holy paths to hell and your trip begins)!!!

The only victim in graffiti is the architect. Graffiti is not a crime.

Having an alicorn in the Mane 6 would SUCK. He/She would get ALL the attention having magic and flight.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

The only only only way I'd accept a Mane 7 is if it's a one-off episode where some new pony to Ponyville is a diehard fan of the Mane 6 from hearing about their battles with Nightmare Moon and Discord where this diehard fan tries too hard to add herself to the group and the Mane 6 tries not to be mean and can't reject her. Then one of them goes overboard and tells the fan to get out and stay away, hurting the fan's feelings, they see how it was mean, apologize, then send dat letter to Princess Celestia. But that's the only circumstance and it's only for 1 episode.

They totally did this in Community with Jack Black :wacko:

Most likely. Or we can have it be Pinkie Pie for the surprise and lolz since everyone will be suspecting Rainbow. Maybe if the fan is trying to take over Pinkie's place as top party host.

whoa Pinkie Pride kinda

To answer the thread's question, I wouldn't object terribly hard to Sunset Shimmer joining the cast, but I'm assuming she'll have that Equestria Academy thing to become more flushed out anyway. If they need new character interactions and somebody else to focus on, I'd sooner they just paid a little more attention to Spike.

If there were to be a new member of the 'Mane 7', then I would have to say that the best way they could handle that would be to use a character we've already run into, especially one that still has a lot to learn about friendship.  I forget where I saw it, but somebody actually had a little theory about this.  If you look on the top left corner of this image and ignore the rest, then you might notice something.  That is an image of Twilight's cutie mark next to the display of her cutie mark at the end of season 3 when she's transformed to an alicorn.  I don't know about the rest of that picture, but that part has a point.  It might be an animation error, but nothing else is glitchy, and I don't think they would accidentally mess up on that sort of a symbolic moment.  Although there is a chance it could be an animation error, I'd like to believe it foreshadowing for a new character!  Or an old one given a new spotlight, specifically, as I said, one that still has a lot to learn about friendship?  One who has been recently reformed?  No, not Discord.
Trixie_id_S1E06.png

It makes sense, doesn't it?  I just feel like it all fits together perfectly.

img-1692323-3-6l2CXBG.png

"May the Force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter" ~ Gandalf the Grey

This is my OC with the unoriginal, therefore original name,

John Smith

If there were to be a new member of the 'Mane 7', then I would have to say that the best way they could handle that would be to use a character we've already run into, especially one that still has a lot to learn about friendship. I forget where I saw it, but somebody actually had a little theory about this. If you look on the top left corner of this image and ignore the rest, then you might notice something. That is an image of Twilight's cutie mark next to the display of her cutie mark at the end of season 3 when she's transformed to an alicorn. I don't know about the rest of that picture, but that part has a point. It might be an animation error, but nothing else is glitchy, and I don't think they would accidentally mess up on that sort of a symbolic moment. Although there is a chance it could be an animation error, I'd like to believe it foreshadowing for a new character! Or an old one given a new spotlight, specifically, as I said, one that still has a lot to learn about friendship? One who has been recently reformed? No, not Discord.

img-2996748-1-Trixie_id_S1E06.png

It makes sense, doesn't it? I just feel like it all fits together perfectly.

I don't see it (on the picture).

EDIT: Oh now I see it, but as you said it might be an animation error.

Edited by Blobulle

If there were to be a new member of the 'Mane 7', then I would have to say that the best way they could handle that would be to use a character we've already run into, especially one that still has a lot to learn about friendship.  

Totally agree that if there had to be someone for a Mane 7 that it should be someone who's already appeared and that Trixie is best candidate. I mean, with Twilight becoming an Alicorn it's upset the balance of 2 earth, 2 pegasii and 2 unicorns since she's not just a unicorn anymore. Trixie could balance that out again.

Only other option I think they could have is that instead of creating another element and having to force that in they could have someone who represents an entity entirely seperate from the elements of harmony, but one that they need to join forces with to defeat a really powerful evil.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

They totally did this in Community with Jack Black :wacko:

whoa Pinkie Pride kinda

To answer the thread's question, I wouldn't object terribly hard to Sunset Shimmer joining the cast, but I'm assuming she'll have that Equestria Academy thing to become more flushed out anyway. If they need new character interactions and somebody else to focus on, I'd sooner they just paid a little more attention to Spike.

But we already have an Alicorn in the mane 6!!!

The only victim in graffiti is the architect. Graffiti is not a crime.

I am a fan of most things Trixie so her coming back and not being ruined would be nice. But I feel trying to add a character to the group would just flop catastrophically. And if one were to be added there could be no added element. Might make an interesting moral concerning the lack of a need of flashy powers when they go on one of the adventure arcs but I think I'd still feel cheated.

That animation, though. Somehow never noticed that. That's actually a pretty significant thing to mess up so severely if they did. However it could refer to Discord and foreshadowing for the end of Season 4.

Maybe, but I doubt it'd be a girl.

You see, My Little Pony- and I mean the entire franchise, not just Friendship is Magic- kinda runs off feminism. You slap a guy in there, and you've just extracted a large chunk of what makes MLP... well, what makes it MLP.

Also, I am entirely for adding Trixie to the mane cast.

No thanks.

Oh, I can see them going there, but I won't them to.

Remember: adding a new main character is a classic way to jump the shark!

Ask yourselves: do you really want FiM to find its Scrappy Doo or Cousin Oliver? Because I sure as buck don't! :o

"It's like I found a piece of myself I didn't even know was missing!"

How do you think WE feel?!

Adding main characters to an already established cast is rarely done and..I assume never works out for long. Bionicle added the 7th toa to its storyline (although who's to say the toa are the main characters?), yet he was only present for...not long before..*forgets what happens to Takanuva*. Teen Titans, they added Terra for a few episodes before she was killed by fire..or something, erm...so yeah. Even if they did add a 7th pony to the mane 6, it would most likely only be temporary, or it would happen because there is a secret 7th element of harmony somewhere (assuming the mane characters all need to have an element).

Edited by Super80 Wolf

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

I do not have any desire to see a new mane pony, especially not a male. I love the mane 6 as they are, if they added another, they'd have to devote more energy and time into developing her/him as a character, and it may detract from the current mane 6.

Would you like to play with me? I'd like to play with you, forever, and ever, and ever! No... no you can't have it! It's mine! Stay back!