Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who here dislikes the "other" bronies?

butter scotch

Oh, if I dislike/hate a person, its not because they're a brony. Even if they are a brony, if they're saying/doing stuff that'll irritate me consistently, I'm definitely not gonna like them.

You don't hate anyone, no matter how they act. Don't be a hypocrit to the motto.

Screw the motto man. It has too much of a hollow meaning.

• Brohoof 3

Some bronies take love and tolerate too far

Those are the ones that annoy me. Love and Tolerate is a good motto to live by, if you interpret it as "don't be a dick, and accept people for the differences," and not as "no matter what someone does, even if they murdered 20 people, you shove happiness and excessive amounts of love and care in their direction." And the people who use "love and tolerate" as an alternative to "u mad." That bugs me too

• Brohoof 2

So basically 95% of the FunnyJunk brony community? Unfortunately, I was like that at first until I realized that I wouldn't want someone doing this to me. So I stopped.

am i one of the "other" bronies. i mean i openly flaunt by bronies i don't try to hide it. and i do try to get people to watch the show but only when the rag on it super bad with out even knowing about it at all.

Why do people think :"love and tolerance" is something perpetuated by the fandom? If that's the kind of person you are, you should be doing it because that's how you feel you should conduct yourself, not because you watch a TV show. The whole thing about it being "the motto" started as a joke, anyway.

As for the conduct of other people, I do not care. Both sides end up looking stupid most of the time, especially when you consider what they are fighting over.

• Brohoof 1

You don't hate anyone, no matter how they act. Don't be a hypocrit to the motto.

You mean" Love and Tolerate"? I think there are a few exceptions when I don't follow it, and for many other people.

I personally don't like those type of bronies. They can be very good people IRL but can be fucking annoying on the internet. I think the way to solve it is to talk to that type of brony and tell him why his actions are annoying people and his fellow bronies. If that brony is a dick to people about his bronyism IRL though, then yeah, I'm not gonna have much respect for him/her -_-

• Brohoof 1

I admit, I do tend to get a little over enthusiastic about the show when I talk about it with non-bronies, but at least I'm not one of those people who are all just "I'm soooooo awesome because I'm a brony!" Those people annoy me, but I wouldn't say I hate them. Most of them are new bronies who think they're just so cool anyhow. At least in my experience, I could very well be wrong. Normally the new ones cause the most trouble from what I've seen.

There are the normal bronies who mind there own buisness, come on the forums and watch the show. Then the others: They go on somewhere like youtube and say something like "I'm a brony and I think this is shit" then it ends up in a massive argument, they also try and force others to watch the show! The point is it gives the normal bronies a bad name which is why we get hate!

Nobody is every going to take this community seriously. I don't take it seriously even though it's basically the main thing my life.

Anyone who does any research about MLP is going to find out about Cupcakes and the r34 ponies. There are plenty of tactless noobs in the community too, since bronies are almost all socially awkward teenagers.

I love it all though. Reasonable people realize that most bronies are just nice people, but most people in the world aren't even remotely reasonable, so there will always be haters.

This community has always been and will always be controversial, but that's part of what makes it fun.

I don't think it's a "brony problem", more like a burden on everyone who's ever been in a group, ever. There's gonna be assholes in any group, but then there's always gonna be some total brothers as well you know? So anyway, I don't think of them as "'false bronies" or anything like that 'cause of the "no true brony" logical fallacy. So no, I don't reckon I hate them or anything.

Well, technically we are the other bronies. Correct me if im wrong, but it seems like the people who are doing these things are trolling and I think the brony thing started on the /b/ board of 4chan as a way of trolling and making people butt hurt. it caught on a a real thing though. I could be wrong though

I don't hate, but they annoy me. It's 'those' bronies, the ones who go on non-pony sites and forums and NEVER shut up about the show to those who aren't interested in it, that turned me off to the idea of the show for a while.

This, if you like someone you need to learn to stop shoving it in everyone else's faces, because if someone's not interested then they don't want to here you go on about it constantly. Show some respect.

(edited)

I dislike it when people say variations of "It's okay to be a brony but don't wear MLP:FIM shirts in public." I wear Super Mario Brothers shirts, Pokémon shirts, and shirts with toucans because I like those things. If I find a good MLP shirt, I won't hesitate to wear it. I wear shirts of things I like because I can meet other people who like these things.

HOWEVER, I dislike it when bronies do things like: forcing pizza restaurants to draw ponies on the box or otherwise pestering non-bronies. It's not because they're bronies and it's not because it's MLP; I would dislike ANYONE from ANY fandom who would do this kind of thing. So to answer the OP's question, those are the types of bronies I dislike (or at least, I dislike their actions.)

I think there's an important line between wearing a "20% cooler" shirt and downright harassing people.

Oh also, I don't listen to the "love and tolerate" line because it's brony invented, not from the show. I do my best not to hate anyone, but there are some things I just cannot tolerate. (Examples: I cannot love someone who tortures toucans. I cannot tolerate animal cruelty.)

Edited by Mason

Me and a friend of mine were just discussing this subject recently. Some bronies do try to "force" the show on non-bronies. However I find this to be because of many non bronies bashing the show and why we like it with out even watching it, prior to fellow bronies forcing the show onto them.

I must admit that some of these are pretty annoying and make us look stupid.

Also these guys who telling the whole darn world that they are cloppers. I don't care what you are doing at home and which fantasies you have, but don't post this things on youtube!

I don't mind other bronies as long as they're civil about it. However, every fanbase has its share of..uh, extremists. The ones who shove the fandom down your throat (then complain that everyone hates them), bash others for not liking it, and ofc, the very open cloppers...

Sadly, the extremists give us a bad name a lot of the time...when we know that they're like a really small percentage of the fanbase.

*sigh*

They also need to realize that there will never be a "normal" brony because being "normal" in our society would require you to not watch cartoons made for a primary audience of little girls in the first place. Society puts all fans of the show in the same group, for the most part, no matter how people in a fandom differentiate.

(edited)

I'll be honest, I really haven't run across that many of the 'other' bronies. So I'm not sure what my opinion of them is. But I do think there are some people on the Internet (though I doubt any of them come here) that need to take some time to look at how they act and think long and hard about what they want to do in the future, before they end up crashing and burning.

Edited by SBaby

(I wouldn't distinguish between "normal" and "other" bronies but I know what you mean so I'll just drop that.)

If there are bronies I dislike, I dislike them for the reasons I would dislike anybody. Yes, I find it annoying when people try to force things in others' faces.

They shouldn't let something (in this case, a show) cloud their judgement and intelligence. Unfortunately, a lot of people do this. Any fandom brings out the best and worse in people.

And I don't get when people hide behind the "Love and Tolerate, guys!" like a law as a defense to everything.

(edited)

Some people really don't like BronyCon. I've seen a lot of people who hate any convention/meetup, really. Not that I would ever go to one, because I wouldn't, but some people enjoy it. I do laugh at people who point out stereotypical brony traits, because they do stuff that's just as weird.

Yeah, I really don't like fans who treat watching the show as a super secret clubhouse that they believe only certain people should be a part of.

Edited by Tupin86

(edited)

Well, I just dont like the ones that all they do is sit and pet there ponies hair.

THATS what gives them a bad name.

Lol, kidding but yeah, some can be annoying.

Edited by pinkie