Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Amazing Spider Man: My Review(Spoiler free)

Bright Honor

The Amazing Spider Man Review:

Today, I went to see The Amazing Spider Man. And let me tell you: I was amazed. Andrew Garfield really embodies Peter Parker aka Spider Man. I feel that he honestly did a better job than Tobey Maguire. Every actor and actress did very well in their respective roles. Rhys Ifans does a superb job at portraying Dr. Connors, a scientist trying to regain his lost arm and cure other people of disease and amputation through cross-species genetics. This goes wrong, however, and he turns into a big, green hulking lizard creature. The Lizard was definetly a powerful force in the film, as he sure gave the web-slinger a tough time as the fought. Emma Stone was a good Gwen Stacey. The film does a fine job at exploiting the relationship between Peter and Gwen.

Throughout the film, I experience Peter Parker really grows into the super hero he is supposed to be. His search for the truth about his parents leads him to Oscorp, setting the course for the rest of the events in the film. As the film goes on, Peter learns to use his power to do the right thingand he learns that with great power comes great responsibility.

The pacing is done very well in this film. I felt that it had the right balance of action, humor, and character development. Dr. Connor's descent to madness from lizard DNA is evident after he injects himself with it. I was able to sypathize with just about every character. The costume also looked very good. From beginning to end, Peter's origin is told in an exciting new way.

In conclusion, this film was really great. The character development was very good and the pacing is just about perfect. Andrew Garfield absolutely nailed the character. Needless to say, I consider The Amazing Spider Man to be the best Spider Man film yet.

• Brohoof 4

I agree. I also loved the fact that the comics had a bigger influence this time around. Another thing that I loved was the way Webs played a larger role for combat with this time.

As for Andrew, he did a great job of portraying a person who is a nerd while cool at the same time.

I also agree. I enjoyed it a lot more than the Tobey Maguire films. It wasn't the greatest movie of all-time but it was definitely solid. I look forward to the sequel. (Especially with dat post-credits scene)

Also more Emma Stone plz. Mmm mmm

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really. I thought it was a tad fast, like they were in a hurry to get everything in. I thought there were some highlights to be sure, but I'm not as excited about this reboot as I was about Batman Begins. Maybe it was just too soon for me.

What I liked the most was that it actually followed the comics.

And, as Xfizzle said, the amount of Emma Stone :)

(edited)

I walked into this movie not expecting anything to top the previous three from the initial Spider-Man movie trilogy. I walked out knowing damn well it was the equal of any of them, if not better. I loved Spidey's humor. This new actor certainly brought justice to him, and I don't know why some people didn't really care for him. Overall I thought the movie was great. I also liked the 'love girl interest', Gewn, a lot more than Marry Jane.

"You found my weakness, it's small knives!"

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

Haven't seen it yet (Being deployed the only option you get is of bootlegs)

So im waiting until im back to do so. Same goes with basically everything that came out this summer.

I've heard good things though, and frorm what you said I'd probably enjoy it more than the Sam Raimi Spiderman films (Didn't really like those)

I just hope they can FINALLY work in venom sooner or later, in the right way and as a main villain.

His appearance in SP3 is still a dissapointment. (I know part of that was studio forced, but honestly sandman should of been cut in favor of Venom)

i think they did a good job with this movie but it seemed like much had been left out so ima wait for the dvd.

i only rely have to issues with it all

1. the Lizards voice

2. Flash Tompsons sudden change my issue with this is because im a comic book fan and flask tompson has always been an asshole up untill he loses both his legs and becomes the new venom

i think they did a good job with this movie but it seemed like much had been left out so ima wait for the dvd.

i only rely have to issues with it all

1. the Lizards voice

I grew frustrated whenever the lizard talked.

This movie was amazing though- action, drama, comedy, i.e. Emma Stone xD The guy who played Spider-man was hilarious as well. And cute. :blush:

I liked it much more than the previous series of movies. The character development was spot on and the pace was just about right, maybe a LITTLE slow at the beginning.

Oh and I think the the OP has a few minor spoilers but still spoilers nonetheless.

It was amazing, in fact, it was much more believable than the last 3 movies where, the sequel will be pretty good.

Also the suit looks much nicer and a little more modern looking.

The first person view of web slinging in New York was awesome

I'm definitely looking forward to what the Batman movies bring than this. But that doesn't mean this was bad.

This movie had it's ups, but it also had it's downs. I think a lot of the time, they focused on Peter's love interest more than they should have. It kind of drew away from the more action orientated parts of the film. Still, though, I did enjoy the movie.

Haven't seen it yet (Being deployed the only option you get is of bootlegs)

So im waiting until im back to do so. Same goes with basically everything that came out this summer.

I've heard good things though, and frorm what you said I'd probably enjoy it more than the Sam Raimi Spiderman films (Didn't really like those)

I just hope they can FINALLY work in venom sooner or later, in the right way and as a main villain.

His appearance in SP3 is still a dissapointment. (I know part of that was studio forced, but honestly sandman should of been cut in favor of Venom)

First off, you know Haji Movies are the only way to go! That's part of the fun, I watched a Haji Version of Batman Begins and then when I got home, I bought the DVD and realized the Haji version had cut out like 5 important minutes!

I'm also glad I'm not them only one that felt that way about Sandman in SP3. Keep your head down brother

• Brohoof 1

First off, you know Haji Movies are the only way to go! That's part of the fun, I watched a Haji Version of Batman Begins and then when I got home, I bought the DVD and realized the Haji version had cut out like 5 important minutes!

I'm also glad I'm not them only one that felt that way about Sandman in SP3. Keep your head down brother

Haha yeah true.

Also will do.

• Brohoof 1