Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is killing a spider a sin?

Sugar Pea

(edited)

It's not a sin per say, I don't feel the need to kill every spider that I see. If the spider attacks me, I would probably kill it. They would have to be a danger to me for me to kill it, if they provoke me to kill it.

Edited by Scootalove

The term is venomous, and no spider will bite a human unless provoked, so leave them be and they will leave you be.

Did you even read my post, aside from reading enough to be nitpicky about something that doesn't even matter? I never said anything about spiders being a threat to me, but rather a threat to my dogs, who may not know to not provoke them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love spiders :D

You should all check out /r/spiderbro. I've posted a few things there, such as this cute little guy (number 6 is the cutest).

Anyway, I wouldn't say killing spiders is a sin, but it's a dick move and you shouldn't do it unless there's a real danger to you or a pet or something.

Edited by Evilshy

I generally don't kill things unless I perceive them as a threat to me. I don't kill spiders unless I think they might be a brown recluse. We have those around here.

The same would go to snakes; if I got attacked by a snake I probably wouldn't touch it unless I knew if it was poisonous but I don't worry about it too much because I don't see snakes all the time -shrug-

I think unnecessary kills should be avoided but I mean, it's a cruel world and no one's going to cry over a single dead spider when there's more important things to worry about. Spiders breed in large numbers, so it'd be different if we were talking about an endangered species.

NO!!! Spiders are evil especially the small ones they crawl in your ears and lay eggs in your head letting the baby spiders eat at your brain killing you and if no going brain dead the thought alone is nightmare inducing so KILL THE LITTLE BASTURDS.

(edited)

NO!!! Spiders are evil especially the small ones they crawl in your ears and lay eggs in your head letting the baby spiders eat at your brain killing you and if no going brain dead the thought alone is nightmare inducing so KILL THE LITTLE BASTURDS.

Killing them is a bit harsh, don't ya think? They are living creatures just like us. And I'm sure they mean no harm, they probably didn't mean to crawl into people's ears and lay eggs in your head letting the baby spiders eat at your brain killing you...

*two minutes later*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀÁÂÃÄÅÆEEEEEÈÉÊËGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SPIDER, DIE.

Edited by Commander Hurricane

Killing them is a bit harsh, don't ya think? They are living creatures just like us. And I'm sure they mean no harm, they probably didn't mean to crawl into people's ears and lay eggs in your head letting the baby spiders eat at your brain killing you...

*two minutes later*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAÀÁÂÃÄÅÆEEEEEÈÉÊËGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SPIDER, DIE.

Maybe your right but who knows what spiders are thinking maybe they are trying to hurt us trying to kill all threats so they can make there spider empire bringing terror for the survivors.

Spiders are awesome. They eat (and therefore rid your life of) several obnoxious species of insects. Flies, mosquitoes, even occasionally bees. They are fascinating both behaviorally and physiologically, and I never kill them if I can help it. I always try to put them outside, and if they are in my basement or attic, I just leave them there. I only remove them from my bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen because as much as I like them, I still don't enjoy being surprised by them while lying in bed, sitting on the toilet, or eating.

You should never kill spiders. I don't believe it is a sin any more than killing cows or pigs or Yankees fans, but still, they are one of the most important parts of the ecosystem (though you can say that about almost any animal. The wonder and beauty of nature!) Yes, they are creepy looking to some people, but venomous spiders are much more likely to flee than bite you and there are many more non-venomous or "human-safe" species of spider than the venomous ones.

Be nice to spiders! They're a lot of the reason we all haven't died of malaria by now.

• Brohoof 2

Uuh,no, its not.

Those creepy bastards deserve to be squashed at every chance. Fucking things are creepy as hell. And, yes, I'm horribly biased as i have some degree of arachnophobia.

While, I will say that a "live and let live" kinda way of thinking would be best way to go, i refuse to go by that when it comes to spiders as well as other bugs.

If I can crush it, im going to.

If it looks like it could carry me off, im fucking out and im fucking done with life.

Did you even read my post, aside from reading enough to be nitpicky about something that doesn't even matter? I never said anything about spiders being a threat to me, but rather a threat to my dogs, who may not know to not provoke them.

No mean old spider is allowed to eat my dogs! If the little bastards live outside fine, more power to them, but when they trespass on my house they become subject to my mudery wrath.

lol at the people trying to convince others to not kill the 8-eyed multilegged fluid suckers that infest a home.

Death to all of them I say! The worst is when you're taking a shower and the little creepers appear in the corner of your bathroom. You feel all icky and they just stare at you. Yuk. I found one of them like that this morning and I murdered it dead. I hope it enjoyed it's little peep show, it cost it its life.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Spiders will kill their own young. Sometimes the young will kill and eat their mother. Sometimes the mother will kill the male after copulation. Sometimes the male kills the female.

Anyway, the point is... I doubt they have any problem with our slaughterous behavior.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

Dawww... Don't kill the spiders. They are useful and cute.

Look at that little bugger! Look at him! :3

Hes dancing!

I found a spider peeping at me when I was taking a shower this morning. I'm sorry, but that dude had to die.

Dawww... Don't kill the spiders. They are useful and cute.

Look at that little bugger! Look at him! :3

Hes dancing!

I say we take off, nuke the entire site from orbit. 

rainbowsmash_display.gif

It's the only way to be sure. 

• Brohoof 1

I am not a religious person, so I will stay away from the sin aspect of the conversation.

To me, every life is valuable. I personally think spiders and insects are extremely cool and try to save them when they are in my house or drowning in water. However, we just cant let spiders or insects live freely in our houses, they will become infested. If you can't safely transport them, as in if they are a threat to you, they are too fragile, or if you are just too afraid of them. If that is the case, I see no problem in squashing a spider.  

img-2610957-1-9prrs4.jpg

These are my blinding " Paint" Skills. Hope you are statisfied.

Been there, done that xD (just quoted you so you got a message) forgot to do that :P

D'aaaw!! :D He's so cute! :D Spiders lately make me think of a Peppa Pig episode called Spider Web...for those of you who haven't watched Peppa Pig, I advise you to search for it online! :D

(edited)

If iRobot taught me anything, it's that murder is the act of a human killing a human.

I'd kill a spider for the same reason it'd kill me—in defense. Same with humans. If it's not threatening I'll just put it outside. 

Edited by Solar-Wind

• 8 years later...

I have always found a particular pull to kindness when it comes to small insects and ants.

Stepping on them feels very cruel, if i am capable of being mindful of them, then i am capable of co existing with them by non violent means.

I think most people do it out of fear of … “consequences”. Either getting bit or finding it in your food or too close. I don’t normally squish any critters outside. They ain’t getting in, though wasps nest must go as I don’t want that near me.

But if you do it for fun, I think it’s cruel. A sin? Ehhhhh maybe wrath?