• Bioshock
    • Mario
    • Sonic
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Animal Crossing
    • Kirby
    • Okami
    • Other

I found that in certain parts it was too hard (it was several years ago that I actually played it) and it just didn't feel the Spyro I know and love. I was possibly slightly biased against it though, as it was very different from the previous Spyro games I'd played.

Yes, that seems to be the general consensus about LoS, that they aren't the old ones. I find that to be a BS reason to not like them. And yes, they are hard. Even me, a person who beat Devil May Cry 3 and 4 (on easy and with unlimited continues though) had a tough time with them. They are brutal indeed. I know it's got the name Spyro on it but it's obviously not the original Spyro so I would suggest anyone who wants to play it to throw out the "but it's not like the originals" line of thought because you are only ruining the game experience. How do you enjoy a game if you are expecting it to be another game that it's not? You should always play games as they are rather than wanting them to be something else, even if they share the name with another game (i.e. being in the same series but coming later)

Not a single old game in here, this disappoints me.

My brain has a tie between MegaMan X and Shining Force.

Oh come now, I said Sonic, Castlevania and Wild Arms. All old games, at least 15-20 years old.

Not a single old game in here, this disappoints me.

My brain has a tie between MegaMan X and Shining Force.

Does Starcraft not count as old? It came out in '97, I think.

Final Fantasy IX. Partly nostalgia since I've played it over 20 times. But partly because I really enjoy the Ability system and the story. And there's a character in it that I identify with more than any other characters I've seen. (Well, Fluttershy's pretty close to that character.) The story is fantastic as well and I get emotional every time at the ending. Just playing that game probably makes me the happiest out of playing any other game, so I'd say it qualifies. No matter how much I play it, it never gets old.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'd have to say the most important game to my childhood would have to be Super Mario World since as a kid I played that game for years! The thought that I actually spent half my childhood playing one game blows my mind today! :blink:

Though if "best" refers to quality I'd have to say the best classic game I've played is Earthbound (Mother 2). It is my all time favorite RPG hands down! I played Mother 3 on a fan made translated emulator which was still great too! I wish they'd just translate that one so that this game exists in English!

As for modern games I'd have to separate it by single and multiplayer.

Best modern multiplayer goes to TimeSplitters 2 for the GameCube. It didn't have the fancy online that you would think is quality muliplayer but local multiplayer will always be more fun! Though online would be Bioshock 2, crappy campaign, but surprisingly good multiplayer!

Best modern singleplayer goes to The Legend of Zelda Windwaker! Such a beautiful game that I think surpasses Ocarina in so many ways!

Final Fantasy X

Fix'd. I thought FFX-2 was absolutely terrible, and I tried getting into it multiple times. :P

But yeah, Final Fantasy X made me feel a bit of everything. Happy, excited, pumped, then the ending sad. ;_;

Right behind it is Metal Gear Solid (the original). When I played that first played that game knew the story was amazing for its time and the entire game was so groundbreaking I don't think I'll ever forget just how epic it was.

Edited by Dizzy

I thought FFX-2 was absolutely terrible, and I tried getting into it multiple times. :P

But, but, but... X-2 was amazing aswell. I agree the story wasnt as good as X but the combat system was SO MUCH BETTER.

Hm.... sorry but I can not chose from 3 epic games that I have played. They all have sentimental values to me.

1st: It would be Pharaoh. It's a great PC strategy game, and it's about ancient Egypt. Oh and it's from the 90s. I play this game even now when I'm bored and want to have a challenge, because this game is quite hard.

2nd: It would be Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus. Another great strategy game but this one is for the PlayStation1 (PSX). And this one is also from the 90s. I played it as a kid and I just love it now. It's quite hard too. Oh and the best part is when you can control your own fart...

3rd: Last but not least is Resident evil 4 for the PlayStation2. It's just THE best game I ever played because it has amazing graphics, gameplay and story line. And the main character is leon... DAMN

Pharaoh was a great game, although I could never manage to get my city to survive all of the enemy attacks.

Crash Bandicoot was a great game, so was the game Gex.

But, but, but... X-2 was amazing aswell. I agree the story wasnt as good as X but the combat system was SO MUCH BETTER.

This. X-2's combat system is far better, especially when you realize that FFX's battles mostly consist of using the same characters for the same types of enemies and until end-game the other characters are pretty useless and fall into disuse.

As for the story, many say that X-2's story isn't as good but I disagree. It may not be as epic as FFX but it's put together far better and has a much better variety of characters.

Plus Sphere Break > Blitzball.

People rant and rave about Blitzball but the few times I tried to play it it was just a horribly programmed mess.

The combat system is arguably better (I preferred FFX's myself though since it made it seem like elements actually mattered) but I get what you mean and that's true, but the story is just insufferable and it was just too girly for me. And that's coming from a young adult male that loves MLP: FIM. :P

Every soundtrack on the game being the same looped techno beat didn't help much either when FFX had one of (if not the) best video game soundtracks IMO.

• Brohoof 1

I never particularly liked FFX's soundtrack except a couple battle themes, and there are other far better video game composers out there like Motoi Sakuraba. You want a great RPG soundtrack, play Baten Kaitos.

I don't understand why majority of posts consists of old games. Granted some old games will never loose their luster for some. If you take a look at how far games have come from when one has started playing. What I'm saying is that:

Old Games =/= Great Games

compared to what most games have progressed to.

I don't understand why majority of posts consists of old games. Granted some old games will never loose their luster for some. If you take a look at how far games have come from when one has started playing. What I'm saying is that:

Old Games =/= Great Games

compared to what most games have progressed to.

Can't beat the classics.

I don't understand why majority of posts consists of old games. Granted some old games will never loose their luster for some. If you take a look at how far games have come from when one has started playing.

I can speak only for myself, but in my case I actively dislike many of the popular directions that game design has taken in recent years; as such the games that I would list as my favorites are, for the most part, fairly old at this point.

• Brohoof 1