• Bioshock
    • Mario
    • Sonic
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Animal Crossing
    • Kirby
    • Okami
    • Other

Tough question but I'd have to say FF6 (though it was 'III' when I first played it) because I keep going back to it again and again. I love the game play, levelling mechanics, the music, the dialogue and plot; it's all great!

As far as modern stuff, I've never met a Valve game I didn't love.

Edited by decoherence

My top ten:

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (The characters and combat system is amazing)

2. Silent Hill 2 (amazing story, graphics and music, scenes, and puzzles)

3. Silent Hill (weird, dark, and scary, great maps, complex vague story)

4. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (great controls, graphics, and rpg elements)

5. Ratchet and Clank (super smooth and tons of fun)

6. Spider-Man 2 ps2 (amazing controls, love the challenges and hidden tokens)

7. Spider-Man ps1 (my favorite game when I was little)

8. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (amazing customation and combat, great writing)

9. Resident Evil 4 (great controls, tons of fun)

10. Final Fantasy VII (nostalgic, beautiful, great story)

I really like the God Of War series and the [Prototype] series but my favorite game of all time is Infamous 2.  The first game left a lot to be desired but the second one is off the hook.  We are talking amazing graphics, top notch story line (not notch the game designer)(anyone who doesn't know who i'm talking about should look him up), and a cool main character.  You play as Cole, a delivery guy who got genetically altered.  You now have electricity flowing through your body.  You can shift and control the flow of energy and use the electricity to defeat foes, save people, live day to day, and hunt down the guy responsible.  Also making choices in the game alters the storyline.  For instance if you do good things you become a hero, but if you do bad things you become an enemy of society.  Making these choices also affects your powers.  When you're a good guy your powers are blue and more controlled.  When you're a bad guy your powers are red and wild with power.  Below I have supplied some screenshots of game play from Infamous 2.  I hope you think it is cool as well.

post-11645-0-11630500-1358661160_thumb.jpgpost-11645-0-48628500-1358661173.jpgpost-11645-0-57545900-1358661187_thumb.jpgpost-11645-0-86586100-1358661206_thumb.jpgpost-11645-0-67482900-1358661219_thumb.jpg

Super Mario Bros.

Sonic the Hedgehog 
HALO 
Ratchet & Clank 

Battlefield 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops 
Minecraft
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Theres a ton more but I can't seem to remember them all xP

Edited by Rainbow Dash Loyalty

Tied between Fallout: New vegas, and Fallout 3.. The vast open space of both of these games is amazing and the "Choose your own destiny" thing they did was awesome. .. The goodguy ending to fallout 3 made me shed tears at a rather alarming rate.  :(                                  I was pretty pissed when i found out you cant actually continue from the end. you just respawn at the last save... i really wanted that automatic laser pistol that Col. Autumn drops if you kill him.  <_<

For sake of variety, I'm gonna say my favorite game on all consoles I own, or have played a significant amount of games on (like my cousin's console, since we see each other all the time we've played all of each other;s games)

SNES: Yoshis Island

Genesis: Sonic 3

N64: Majoras Mask

GCN: Paper Mario THousand Year Door (Probably my favorite game of all time ever in existence since I existed ever)

PS2: Okami, Fav exclusive: Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal

Xbox: Halo Combat Evolved, Fav Exclusive....I actually don't think there are any that I've played

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2

360: Halo 3

GBA: Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

DS: Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

PS3: Little Big Planet 2

PC: Team Fortress 2

Neither me or my cousin own any console not listed here, except Wii U, my cousin has one, but haven't got enough games to judge since it just launched

Edited by weegeez

My favorite game of all time changes once every few years, but so far Rez has been my favorite game for awhile now. The entire game is pretty creative, but that damned fifth level absolutely blew my mind. Not only did it screw around with my mind, but just holy god the music in it was so good. I'm gonna link it up incase anyone's interested and it's not really anything spoiler worthy because there really isn't a storyline and there's only 5 levels.

This is the xbox 360 version which I've never actually played, but I think I have the upperhand because I have one of those rare vibrator things that came with the Japanese ps2 version (and no it isn't made for whatever sick purpose you might be thinking of. It's made to make the game even more trippy by shaking your whole entire body in sync with the music)

Edited by Lord Bababa

I don't have a single favorite video game of all time, but I have two. Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, and Croc 2.

I just love those games. I remember I started playing Croc 2 before I even knew how to read. I didn't beat either game until several years later. 

Other than that, I like The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (I don't own this one yet, but I played it a bit at a friend's house a long time ago), League of Legends, Minecraft, and Roblox. 

I haven't played most of those games, other than Roblox, League of Legends, and Minecraft, in awhile. I also really liked the games Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising, and Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

Edited by SCS

My absolute favorite game is Final Fantasy VII. I love Final Fantasy VII because it was actually the first game to make me really feel that I know the characters and feel huge anger, sadness and happines through the whole game. The music in the game makes me love the game even more.

Ocarina of time.... hands down, greatest game I have ever played. I have beaten it more times than I can really remember, and I have been playing it since I was two years old. Back when it was released in 1998

Luigi's mansion <3
kingdom hearts, words can not describe how awesome it is.
Wind waker and Majoras mask...

Heroes of Might and Magic III.
And the gem that goes by the name of Neverwinter nights

Favorite of all time would have to go to The Elder Scroll III Morrowind. Don't get me wrong it has it's flaws, the combat is sticky and spell-casting is a pain in the ass but it's honestly one of the only 2 games where I felt as though I was actually an adventurer. There is not compass, there is no waypoint, all you have is a journal and directions to where you need to go. The reason why I love it is because it takes its hands off the reigns and gives you all the freedom you could want. I've lost track of how many times I forgot what quest I was doing because I saw a cave on the way to somewhere and knew chances are I wouldn't find it again. also you don't need to do the main quests to beat the game which is pretty cool.

Either Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back or Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage.

Those were the first games i got for my playstation and they bring great memories, plus the replayability was awesome.

I don't have a favorite game of all time, its like asking who my favorite child is or favorite pony on MLP...*whispers*its fluttershy *coughcough* but I have tons of favorites really from old childhood memories such as Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Kirby 64, and one of my crown jewels in  my gaming collection 

Goemons_Great_Adventure.jpg

Dune 2000.

The most underrated RTS game of all time. It was the first PC game I ever owned, and to this day, it's still my favorite. I also have it on PS1, but the PC version is a thousand times better. Incidentally, it's also the reason I became a Dune fanboy. 

Dune%202000.png

A total jackass who's hilarious.

A chunky Mexican midget.

A cryptic ninja.

A not-so hot lady with god-like powers.

A generic soldier.

A redneck car mechanic who's fucking awesome.

A weird robot.

A very hot ginger with god-like powers.

A generic soldier who looks like Samuel Jackson.

A hulk with a voice that makes him sound like an idiot.

A badass latino sniper.

A fatass who has the sexiest accent alive.

A sexy entertainer.

A guns dealer.

A medican man with a country accent.

A hunter, scholar, gentleman.

A psychotic 13-year old pyrotechnic.

A luney braniac.

And a living bio-weapon capable of destroying the world.

What game am I talking about?

borderlands_2-630x354.jpg

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

I can't really pinpoint on specific games because I just love these series too much!

(Arranged in order)

1. Crash Bandicoot

2. Ape Escape

3. Spyro (NOT THAT... SKYLANDERS)

4. Monster Hunter

5. Super Smash Bros.

These are my top 5! :3 Ape Escape and Crash come in close. I just loved those games so so much on the PS1! :D

I could've sworn there was already a thread on this, but to be sure, I looked back through all of my posts on my profile. Oddly enough, it wasn't there. Oh well.

Well, Super Metroid for one. It's really good.

Then there's Cave Story, which is also really good.

That's about it.

Hard to choose. First would have to be TES III Morrowind because It's the only RPG where I didn't feel like I was on a leash when doing a quest. You want to find something you have to actually look for it, no compass or waypoints here.

Second is Fallout 3 because the atmosphere in that game is probably the best out of any game I've played in my opinion.

third is Arcanum because if i had to choose a Steampunk game that would totally be it for all the cool stuff you can make and do considering its a fairly low budget game from 13 years ago. also Virgil is one of the few NPCs I actually care about in video games as a whole.

World of Warcraft. I haven't played that many other games. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Diablo 3, The Sims 2 and 3 is pretty much about it. However, I've always loved WoW since the day I strarted playing, the other games I've somewhat grown tierd of.

• 1 month later...