• Bioshock
    • Mario
    • Sonic
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Animal Crossing
    • Kirby
    • Okami
    • Other

Post your favourite video game! Discuss!

I'll start: Portal 2

Just alerting you that I have merged your thread with the already existing megathread on the very same subject. Do be sure to utilize the search function on the site to ensure a thread doesn't already exist.

Just alerting you that I have merged your thread with the already existing megathread on the very same subject. Do be sure to utilize the search function on the site to ensure a thread doesn't already exist.

Thank you. and Sorry.

Being a newfoal, I have not yet learned all the tips and tricks of this magical place. I will bare it in mind.

That would have to be Chrono Trigger. I love almost everything about it. Gameplay, story, characters...I just love it. In fact, I just recently started a new game after not playing for a while. I'm naming all the characters after MLP Forums members.

That's an easy and hard question. I haven't played a lot of games, but I don't remember most of them. I'd have to say that my favorite game I've ever played would have to be Mario Galaxy 2. It's fun and adventurous.

Well, I just started playing Assassin's Creed 2 and it's really growing on me, but I'd say my favourite game of all is Okami; the story is touching, clever and engaging; the gameplay is fun and challenging at times (on your first playthrough at least) without ever making you throw your controller across the room; and you genuinely care for the characters. Besides, I like that the game is based more on mending and creation than destruction and violence.

Special mentions to Portal 2, Loz:Twilight Princess and Spyro:Year of the Dragon

My favorite game is Portal 2. (Portal was great but Portal 2 had Wheatley, the cutest robot ever <3)

I loved the amazing graphics and unique storyline. Wheatley is one of my favorite video game characters too ;) Everytime I went into one of the secret rooms/ Ratman rooms, I felt a chill go down my spine. I don't know why, but the rooms had somewhat of a creepy air to it.

I'm going to have to go with Earthbound as my favorite video game. Despite the graphic limitations, the story, humor, music, and just overall weirdness made playing that game a truely unique experience. While there have been games that have come close, I don't think there will ever be a game that will take Earthbound's place in my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to do a math project  and I need to do a survey and all that jazz. I need at least 20 votes.

My favorite would have to be Super Smash Bros and Animal crossing.

• Brohoof 3

I love the majority of them so that was one of the hardest decisions of my life but I feel Pokemon deserves it.I changed my mind 5 times in that poll.

Well, it was difficult, but overall, I had to choose which one did I stick with the most during my ongoing video game runs, and it is sonic!

It's fun, fast, amazing, and impressive!

Sure, he may have had a lot of problems in the past, but as of now, I'm glad he's doing well.

Happy 22nd anniversary sonic the hedgehog! 

sa-sonic-01.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Now is it favorite video game of all time or right now, cause right now my favorite game is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 but my favorite game of all time would be Final fanasty 7 on the good ole ps1

Good grief. if you could make this poll any harder I'd try to explain.

Pokemon.

instantly brings me back to my childhood. hours upon hour spent catching and training pokemon with my friends and.. well, we've all been through that. some of my greatest memories. :) 

but then there's Skyrim.

Skyrim touched me emotionally. I went through a lot while I was addicted to that game, including most of my puberty and a good portion of high school. Thus Skyrim seems amazing to me. I've spent more on that video game than any other game in my life. I laughed, I cried in anger, it was amazing. Skyrim was ... Skyrim. 

Then I see Bioshock.

Bioshock made me cry. and I never cry to video games. I don't think I need to say that this series is one of the best and most emotionally touching (mostly 2) out of many other games. I felt like I really did belong to Eleanor. I felt like she was the only person in the world that mattered...

Then Mario and Sonic.

seriously? Those are another huge part of my life. not as big as the previous ones but.. well mario has the most classy games.

Super Smash is awesome. some of my best friends and I had great times on there. Yoshi's got skills..

then animal crossing.

animal crossing..

I made all my friends on animal crossing. all my real friends anyway. and it was another huge part of my childhood. yeah... :)

so this topic was emotionally stressful for me. xD

• Brohoof 3

Okay, so, I haven't played video games literally in YEARS.
The last time I bought a brand new game, and played it all the way through, was back in 2008, five years ago, with Dragon Age: Origins.
With that being said, my absolute favourite game of all time happens to be another BioWare classic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
That game was, and still is, pure GOLD  and I'd pop that fucker in any day... maybe I should give her a spin one of these days... and "The Sith Lords", too.

my favorite video game of all time is Dragon Age Origins. Its an amazing game, Bioware truly put effort into it, it makes you care of the characters, pick choices thoughtfully. The story is interesting and its replay-ability is worth it. You don't necessarily have to play the same thing all over again, there over 6 origins to choose from and the choices are so many you will obviously wanna have variety.   

• Brohoof 2

My favorite video game it would have to be, Pokemon since he helped me get through boredom in Elementary School and it helped me learn a lot about the show from the games.

Sorry, but I had to pick "Other". While all of those games are great and I enjoy pretty much all of them, maybe not so much Call of Duty, I still have to pick Earthbound as my favorite video game of all time.

fallout new Vegas its my favorite from the fallout series and I just straight up love the lore of it and the ability to go down four different factions it was very enjoyable for me.

My favourite video game would have to be Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. I was really into pokemon as well during that time, but Paper Mario really fueled my inspiration. I used to rent a game every weekend, but I rented out paper mario so much that my parents actually bought be the game, that was very rare in those times.

• Brohoof 2

Psychonauts.

Creative and unique premise and setting? Check.

Solid platforming mechanics and gameplay? Check.

Some of the most mind-bending, varied, and all around greatest level design in any game ever? Check.

Excellent voice cast and a memorable cast of characters for them to bring to life? Check.

One of best player-characters ever? Check.

Masterful pacing between world building, exploration, and story points? Check.

Genuinely hilarious and is not only the funniest Double Fine game, but just flat out the funniest game ever? Check.

Nuanced and meaningful story that sticks in your mind and comes to a satisfying conclusion? Check.

Seriously, if you've never played it, get on that immediately.

• Brohoof 2

You know this will be hardest questions the answer for me my favorite game depends on my mood currently I'm a huge fan of Alan wake oh my Luna  it's so good, with a great story with a deep interesting plot and Alan is such an awesome dude. the monsters they have in the game (which are called taken by the way) are so creepy to they are covered in this dark blur. 

post-14899-0-42468100-1370395355.jpg

If you like horror or just a weird story then you have got to play this.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

First person to vote for Bioshock!

But I'm saddened by the fact I could only pick one. I would have loved to pick Skyrim and Minecraft as well...

-EDIT-

You know, I didn't see it at first, but throw in the Legend of Zelda. That is an amazing series with very little fails.

I wish you had added Assassin's Creed... Or Dark Souls. Maybe some Devil May Cry? Or God of War?

Maybe Amnesia?

Edited by The Symphony of Discord
  • Brohoof 2

My favourite game varies often, I have favourite games 'right now' and longer standing ones, right now my favourite game is Black ops 2, but as I've played it longer than any other game I own, WoW is my favourite game of all time, I've clocked over and entire year of total playtime (time actually logged into the game and playing)

Pretty silly to have an other choice.  Most people's favorite games are going to be outside of those choices.  My favorite within the choices is Mario because of great games like Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Kart DS.

My favorite game is Persona 3 FES.  It gave me hundreds of hours of fun and wonderful characters.  I also love Silent Hill and Ratchet and Clank games.