Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite retro (pre-2000) video game?

Magnify

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who enjoys playing older video games, so I thought I'd post this. My favorite video game from before 2000 is EarthBound for the SNES. It's an RPG that is fun to play and is humorous at times and I was first introduced to it at the age of six, so I grew up trying to beat it even though I was awful at it.  :P

What is yours?

• Brohoof 4

Well, my favorite retro game is Super Mario World, which is my favorite video game of all time.

Like I've said countless times before, I've replayed it TONS of times, and I still find it fun to play.

• Brohoof 2

Super Mario Bros. 3, hands down; though Mother 2 (Earthbound) is my favorite old school RPG.  I also love the Castlevania series; Simon's Quest in particular.  I favor many classics from the NES and SNES eras to most games nowadays; I have a slow-growing cartridge collection (that used to be much larger ; _ ; ).

• Brohoof 1

So many choices here...

Okay gonna say this one because it's on my brain, one of my absolute favorite pre-2000 games is Roller-coaster Tycoon. I can never get enough of it, it is just too fun. Plus, it is one of the greatest tycoon games ever and it was one of the first. It's a shame the series has fallen so much off the radar.

There are plenty more I can name but I wanted to give RCT some much deserved attention. :)

• Brohoof 2

Yoshi's Story & Pokemon Yellow the two games I first played as a child.

The first video game I had ever played was the original Super Mario Brothers on NES. =3

My favorites would have to be, Legend of Zelda Link to the Past, Kirby's Dream Land and Star Fox 64! owo

• Brohoof 1

Oh that's easy. I'm a huge Metroid fan, so Super Metroid is probably my favorite retro game.

Argh, still waiting on another game, Nintendo!

• Brohoof 1