Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite retro (pre-2000) video game?

Magnify

Before 2000, it would either be Super Mario World or Pokemon Blue. Pokemon was the first game I really got into (and I'm still into it today) whereas Super Mario World was the first game I ever played on my parents' game console. Super Mario RPG is also pretty amazing and one of my favourite SNES games, but I only played that when I got older. I don't know if it's considered cheating because Paper Mario warmed me up to the class RPG style and that was released in mid-2000.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... tough call. I think I'd have to go with Super Mario World (never could get tired of that game :wub:), though EarthBound, Super Mario 64 and LoZ: Majora's Mask are pretty close as well. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anything LoZ related is my stuff. I love LoZ, Ganon, Vaati, Link, Zelda, The Great Deku Tree (rip) and all of the little guys from Wind Waker that looked like plants!

Edited by ~Opportunistic Arty~

Ocarina of time. Then any other loz, take your pick. 

Other than that, I'd say some memorable ones are marble madness, spy vs spy, dragonspirit, nba jam, man alot of original nes titles.

Some of my faves, kids today would never believe could actually entertain. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favorite would have to be StarCraft and StarCraft brood war.

A few of my other favorites would be Centipede (first game I ever played!) Gravatar (another Arcade classic) And system shock.

Also a big Mario guy.

Edited by Looking Glass

Ocarina of Time. I've grown up with that game since I was 5, still play it to this day! :D

• 7 years later...

It's been a while. Haven't had time for any gaming until recently. But back in the day, it was Rampage: World Tour, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, the Pokemon Stadium games, Darkstalkers 3 and Gundam: Battle Assault. 

• Brohoof 1