• Bioshock
    • Mario
    • Sonic
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Animal Crossing
    • Kirby
    • Okami
    • Other

Well, Pokemon was the game that turned me into a gamer, so I guess that's the one that wins the prize for me. I always loved it and the wide variety of cool creatures that you could befriend. I never got into the show, but I enjoyed making up personalities for my own Pokemon and character. I think it really affected why I love video games so much today.

Metro last light for PC is the best stunning graphics and sad but interesting story combat is great and stealth is great can upgrade weapons alternate endings also second game of the metro series the first is metro 2033

(edited)

You're shitting me? What kind of poll is this? The only game on that list that I like is Skyrim and that game is faaaaar from being my favorite. 

It's impossible to make a poll like this just... don't even try

OT: My favorite game is Dota 2

Edited by Chiaki Minami

Pokemon has been a part of my life since it was first released (I was 7), and have been with it ever since.  However, I took to Minecraft all the way back in Alpha and still love it.

Super Smash Bros. has Pokemon in it, so I put that into the Pokemon genre of my mind, plus that game is the ONLY reason I have a Game Cube (I do have Pokemon Colosseum, but I got that for 2 bucks at a garage sale, other than that, I only play Smash). 

My all time favorite game is Earthbound. I like the entire franchise, but Earthbound (Mother 2) is my favorite of them. It's just too epic for words. Of the options listed, though, I'd have to say LoZ is probably my favorite. In particular, Ocarina of Time (just cuz I know it so well) and Twilight Princess.

Well, I have to admit I am leaning towards Mario, but I might choose Kirby...or LoZ-I'm shitting you. I really hope you realized that.

Sonic has got to be my fave. The series has had it's up and downs (and all around), but one thing I notice that has been amazing through out all of that is the music. It's fucking amazing. :3 I even referenced it up there, in bold. Lots of the new games are really good, and I'm looking forward to the 3 new games this year (I think) from Nintendo.

as much as I play Call Of Duty, it's far from my fave game.

Minecraft was the closest game on that list for my faves.

But if I had to pick, It'd be Red Faction: Geurilla Warfare,or Falout 3/NV.I just love open world, do whatever the hay you want type games. you wanna blow shit up? SURE!! you wanna beat up a homeless guy? OKAY!! You wanna kill important storyline characters and mess up your game? ALRIGHTY!!

Seriously, I almsot had to restart my game of Fallout because I killed some dude at the wrong point in time.

Devil May Cry (the original) has pretty much always been my favorite game. Not too sure why, tbh. It's just really grown on me over the years. So much so, in fact, that I hold the world record for the fastest (verified) completion time of 39 minutes and 28 seconds.

qTQD68x.jpg

I also love just about any Sonic game, among others.

Wut, why must you make me pick from so many good choices darnit...

I guess I'll just go with others and go with kotor like i normally do, I loved that game so

Much, played the crap outta it, I haven't played it in like several years now. But it still remains up there at the very least for my favorite game. So I'm going with that! :)

I can't choose! I love so many games like Halo 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario World, Sonic Adventure 2, and Pokemon Yellow. I can't make a decision. Maybe I can clone myself, so I can vote for each game (Too Many Pinkie Pies reference!)

My all-time favorite game is Okami.  I like games that have a Japanese type theme to it.  I especially like the sequel to the game called Okamiden; a bit more challenging when you have to take care of a partner though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favorite game of all time is The Last of Us

It has the most amazing graphics, not to mention a great plot that has some emotional moments.

I also cried at some parts.

No joke.

Quit judging me.

Edited by KonohaLegend

dead space!

i've been fan of this game since it's first announcement in 2008, and i only grew to love it more over the years.

it has changed a lot since dead space 1 and the latest (and final) part dead space 3 but there are more then 3 games.

here are the games i have in my posession and have completed 100%

dead space 1

dead space 2

dead space 3

dead space mobile phone game

dead space extraction

dead space ignition

i have also watched the movies:

dead space downfall (2008)

dead space aftermath (2011)

and i have read too many fanfictions about it to actually count :)

My favorite video game series has been The Legend of Zelda for as long as I can remember being sentient, and it's never going to change.

I'm also just a HUGE Nintendo fan in general, and I'm very loyal to them. I don't think there will ever be a day were Nintendo ceases making me smile.

My favorite video game of all time is definitely Homeworld, this space RTS from 1999. Despite having only a few actual characters and a rather sparse storytelling structure, it has a moving and emotional plot which sticks in your head. Good art direction and good (for 1999) graphics help as well, and of course the gameplay is unique (there are very few truly 3D games, but this is one of them) and fun.

Favorite games, eh? They're Icewind Dale 2, Fallout 2, Monkey Island 2 and Flashback. What can I say? I'm an old man. Oh, and Goblins 2 - my very first game played.

(edited)

I'm trying to get MORE into video games because I didn't play much when I was little but there's too much to go through one by one, so I separated favorite my games into two groups with a little reason why i like them:

1. Games that I have played or completely seen a walkthrough

• Pokemon mystery dungeon. I was into pokemon a little bit during elementary, but obsessed with the idea of being turned into another creature.
  • Super smash bros. I only have brawl but This is a very great game since It had many nintendo crossovers, I kept on hoping if EVERY character from the EVERY famous game, tv show, movie or any other franchise are combined into one awsome action packed fighting game.
  • Team fortess 2. (WHY ISN'T THIS GAME IN THE POLL?!) I tried to play this game on my computer but it seems to only work once on a MAC. Everybrony knows this game and still plays it to this day. Killing eachother, custom maps, etc.
  • Mariokart. I liked it when you are driving through many unique places and stuff, getting to the finish line was pretty fun as well.
  • Minecraft. The most popular building game in history. Creativity was my thing, making houses, towns, little coasters, etc.
  • Simcity 4. Only the fourth game of this series was good. I also had creativity of creating my own country n shit. I kinda don't play it anymore because of EA falling to shit, and I lost some of my creative mojo.
  • Roller coaster tycoon 3. I lived my LIFE on this one. I remember hacking this game with creative content by other people and making my own rides n watching projects made by other creative RCT3 fans, like Imagineerjohn. Theme parks and rides were my intrests before I found this fandom, leading to more other fandoms.
  • Roblox. I couldn't get minecraft so I was left with an alternate creative game. There were many different games with different functions you can do. I remember some bronies kinda trolled me in my non-brony days. smile.png

2. Games that interest me and wish go through.

• Halo. Only because other people play it and I just like it. Nothing else.
  • Kingdom hearts. I hear its a great game franchise, especially with disney characters crossing over.
  • Garry's mod. One of the funniest games that I've seen others play. I'm not sure how to get this one whether you NEED counterstrike or not but I've seen funny gmoders like Kitty0706 make very funny movies with this game.
  • Fallout. I'm currently reading Fallout equestria, but I still kinda have to understand the original fallout series to understand what's happening in this fanfic. 
  • World of warcraft. Only because its the world most famous mmporpg or whatever you call it. I'm not sure if I will try this game or not due to the RPG complexity within this game.
  • League of legends. I just heard its a pretty good fighting game.
  • (Edit) Grand theft auto. Racing, cars, and rolling through the streets took a new different name when I heard about this. The only thing I want GTA to have is creating a custom map.

That's it for my list. Now I just need to purchase a PC, PS4 or PS3 and an XBOX 360 to satisfy myself. I havent touched a game for months since TF2 stopped working on my shitty mac that mom was dumb enough to replace our PC that crashed because I downloaded "viruses" when they were mods for my games. I wish to get this computer out of my life and try to be with everypony else. Now I am currently watching video game walkthroughs, anime shows, doctor who, star trek, and a lot of famous movies and media that never reached to my childhood. I'm also studying 3 other languages: Spanish, french, and japanese. As soon as I finally get a PC, I can finally play the games I want and continue my life that I never had before.

Edited by Raiden_Opsaidoun

(edited)

My favorite video game of all time is definitely Homeworld, this space RTS from 1999. Despite having only a few actual characters and a rather sparse storytelling structure, it has a moving and emotional plot which sticks in your head. Good art direction and good (for 1999) graphics help as well, and of course the gameplay is unique (there are very few truly 3D games, but this is one of them) and fun.

I've really been wanting to try Homeworld, I'll have to give it a go. I need to finish Chrono Trigger first though, since that was a classic I missed out on as well. 

Of the ones listed, I gotta say Super Smash Bros Melee. That game is just so much of a blast to play, and getting together with a group of friends to throw down some smash is always a blast. Honorary mention from the list probably goes to Legend of Zelda - in particular, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I know a lot of people rank either Link to the Past or Ocarina as their favorites, but I just loved everything about Majora's Mask. I really enjoyed the darker atmosphere, and the twisted and confused skull kid just makes a much more interesting villain to me than the pure-evil Ganondorf

Other Favorite Games:

Knights of the Old Republic:

Someone mentioned this above. I love love love this game. I've played it through several times since it was released. Jolee Bindo is by far my favorite star wars jedi, and I adore the story and the cast of characters. Interestingly enough, I'm not that really into a lot of the games that were modeled off KOTOR. KOTOR II, dragon age, mass effect, etc. didn't really grab my affections the way KOTOR I did. The main exception to this was Jade Empire, a game which I also really enjoyed and played through on multiple occasions. 

Final Fantasy VI (III US):

Like KOTOR, I really adore this game for its cast of characters. I don't know any 2D sprite or RPG game where I felt I connected and cared about the characters to the same extent as I did in FFVI. Downsides - I hate random encounters in turn-based RPG games, and FFVI drowned you in them at times. I want to play and enjoy the game for its story and characters, but then it's a bummer when you end up spending a lot of your play time repeatedly beating up the same old mobs. Thank god for the moggle charm, right?

DOTA 2:

Probably my favorite competetive/e-sports game. I thought e-sports seemed like a lame thing until I got into dota, but it's really quite fun to follow the teams and spectate matches. I really like the game overall and the variety of heroes and gameplay mechanics. Main downside is that this game tends to bring out the worst in people.

Antichamber (Play this if you enjoy odd puzzle games):

This game was freaking awesome in my opinion. Some of the puzzles are just genius, and beneath it all is this intriguing and enigmatic atmosphere that just sucks you in. Mix the clever design of Portal with the sublimity of Braid, and set it in an open, non-linear maze of puzzles. That's Antichamber. It's awesome. 

Edited by Danze

I've really been wanting to try Homeworld, I'll have to give it a go. I need to finish Chrono Trigger first though, since that was a classic I missed out on as well.

Well, you picked a bad time for it ;) I suspect finding a Homeworld CD nowadays would be tricky (I've had mine since the GoTY edition came out, so not a problem for me), and the game is difficult to get to work with modern computers; mine, for example, just wouldn't recognize the CD drive on my current laptop as valid, and I had to give up and apply a no-cd crack to it to get it to work. Of course, it doesn't support widescreens directly, either (although you can edit the registry fairly easily to bypass that).

If I were you, I would wait and see what Gearbox does with the IP before making a move like that. It's possible they might do a rerelease on Steam or GOG or some service of that sort, which would be the optimal way to get it. If we're really lucky, said rerelease might include high resolution graphics, which would be nice. Even just bumping up to Homeworld 2 standards would make it look terrific.

Aside from this, watch this space...I might be doing something with Homeworld that would interest members of this forum, eh...

As of now CoD is one of the games I play the most. Not because the mechanics and such are so amazing and all, in fact they suck. But because I'm good at it and I've got wonderful teammates to play with, just playing, shouting at each other and talking about random things makes the game so much more enjoyable and fun. Plus we almost always win.

Jack and Daxter is one of my favorite all-time games. I've grown up with that silly duo, in fact, I've completed every single game they released. The other duo I love so much is Ratchet and Clank, I love the insane weapons, the wonderful villains and the cheesy dialogue. The whole game is just so ridiculously fun. I also got all of the Ratchet and Clank games AND got a 100% on every single one of 'em, challenges and all.

For another FPS I must say Timesplitters, all of them. Timesplitters is THE game that introduced me to FPS since my PC back then was so rubbish I was stuck with my consoles and Timesplitters sure made it worthwhile. The whole set-up is just perfect, the story in Future Perfect is great and I've laughed my ass off the whole game long. The challenges are fantastic, unique and silly in their own ways. The weapons, while some are a bit OP, are great, what game allows you to throw bricks at someone while you play a snowman on a flying carpet or what game allows you to inflate an enemy until he explodes while playing as a futuristic stripper? Timesplitters, that's who. The whole customization feature made the game much more interesting and the commentator during custom games is wonderful! The variety of game modes made the game so much more playable and kept it fresh for a really long time. Even now, 7 years later, I still find myself playing the game.

My favorite RTS game has to be Command and Conquer Zero Hour, I'm still playing the game with some friends. Though I've set my eyes on Starcraft 2 lately.

I've got a lot of favorite games that don't really have a definite genre, or where the genre isn't what makes the game so special. Like Bioshock, Systemshock and Dishonored. But these are good enough for now.

I would definetly have to say the inFAMOUS series or the Kingdom Hearts one. What can I say? I love me a good story and both them series deliver!

Megaman X. That game will forever remain my favorite. Egoraptor explains it pretty well.

I'm amazed at the number of people who underestimate this. As a franchise, it kinda lost its edge especially after MMX5, but the first one is simply unrivalled to me.