Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Battlefield 4 Discussion and Requests

One

(edited)

post-5726-0-99266300-1365063167_thumb.jpg

“Battlefield 4™ is a genre-defining, action blockbuster made from moments that blur the line between game and glory - moments found only in Battlefield. With dynamic destructible environments, epic vehicular combat, and the chaos of all-out war, Battlefield 4 gives you the freedom to do more and be more for an unrivaled entertainment experience.”

Battlefield 4 official page here.

————————————————————————————————————————————————
Background Information on the game:

Battlefield 4 is a new installment of the Battlefield series, and a modern first person shooter (fps) developed by DICE, and published by Electronic Arts (EA). It will run the game engine Frostbite 3. The game will feature singleplayer missions and a multiplayer mode. The single player was described as “...feature[ing] an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home.” If you wish to watch the 17 minute long trailer of the single player mode click here.

The systems the game will play on are the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and the next generation consoles.

You can preorder here. If you wish.
post-5726-0-02188400-1365063067_thumb.jpg

————————————————————————————————————————————————
"Exclusive Battlefield 4 Beta" information:

Anyone who preordered Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition by October 22nd 2012 gets access to the Battlefield 4 beta, which presumably will be available in Fall 2013.
Posted Image
Battlefield blog on the matter.

Also, according to the last Battlefield 3 Premium exclusive video, simply titled "March Premium Video" all Battlefield 3 Premium members receive access to the Battlefield 4 beta.
post-5726-0-85710200-1365065889_thumb.jpg

Also, anyone who preorders the Battlefield 4 digital deluxe edition, will also get access.
post-5726-0-26325700-1365066515_thumb.jpg

Edited by One

At least Battlefield has better graphics than CoD. But really ? Battlefield 4 already ?... wtf ? >_>

The beta is most likely gonna be out in around 2013, so the full game may be out by 2014. but thats just a guess
  • Brohoof 1

The beta is most likely gonna be out in around 2013, so the full game may be out by 2014. but thats just a guess

Probably. But still... their marketing becomes more and more like Activisions. Making one expansion after the other...
  • Brohoof 1

I hope that they have some new ideas and improvements (I can't see how they could change much from Bf3). Otherwise it will be iPhone 4S all over again...

• Brohoof 1

Didn't the last medal of honor have the SOCOM 4 beta access just as early or am I thinking about something else?

yeah it did, but socom 4 sucked. Battlefield 4 is in a whole different level...them releasing beta content for a huge game like this in order to draw traffic to a less anticipated game is absurd.

(edited)

Shame really because I hated the last MoH and won't be buying this one at all, let alone pre-ordering it, and I'm not spending money on a game that I dislike just to play the beta of one that I do (although admittedly I did buy Halo 3 ODST just for the Reach beta :/ )

Edited by FL_

They did the exact same thing with BF3 stating you will get "early access" to the BF3 beta which only turned out to be 2 days before they released it to everyone. Making it exclusive turns it into a closed beta which is different with what they did with the BF3 beta being open to all.

The problem with Bf3 is that it let a lot of people down because they were trying to appeal to the cod players as well as Battlefield fans so it ended up being something in the middle. I remember at launch there was heaps of people online but because of all the problems with game and people not being able to play it the numbers dropped over time. There are too many things wrong with the game and some of them have been fixed but the game is still a disappointment to me.

I'll probably end up buying MOH Warfighter because I didn't mind the first game and I'm interested to see how this one will turn out from what I've heard about it. I need another shooter to play.

I don't know what to think about BF4 because it's too early to tell but I'm defiantly not going to get hyped about it like I was for BF3, that's for sure.

I don't think they originally made Battlefield 3 to appeal to CoD players, but I think that's what their target was in the Close Quarters expansion. I mean, that's got CoD written all over it. Small maps, fast-moving gameplay, and not to mention Conquest Domination and Gun Master, which are just knock-offs of Domination and Gun Game.

Anyway, as said before, I hope they add a lot of more content into BF4, and it doesn't become like Call of Duty, where every year they release the same game with different maps and guns.

• Brohoof 1

I think that they are jumping the gun with this. It's stupid. Battlefield 3 has not even been out for a year and I have been enjoying it quite a bit so far. I think that it really beats the last three COD games released to a bloody pulp. And that is because they took time to release it and develop it. I will honestly be irate if I see BF take the same fate as the COD franchise. A mostly mediocre game a year. Give me a frickin' break.

I heard that DICE will first be completing all the DLC's for Battlefield 3 before releasing Battlefield 4/Bad Company 3. I don't think that BF4 will be released before BC3 though. In 2013 all DLC's of Battlefield 3 will be complete, so I expect that the beta will come at around the start of 2014.

Anyway, I do know how this got leaked:

Video does contains blood!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I heard that DICE will first be completing all the DLC's for Battlefield 3 before releasing Battlefield 4/Bad Company 3. I don't think that BF4 will be released before BC3 though. In 2013 all DLC's of Battlefield 3 will be complete, so I expect that the beta will come at around the start of 2014.

I love freddiew's videos. He very talented at what he does.

Edited by Dave247

Awhile ago on youtube I saw that video was "uploaded 14 minutes ago" and that it said it had like over 1m views already, and I was gonna watch it but I thought Rick Astley would be better... So I guess Ill watch it now that you reminded me!
  • Brohoof 1

Meh, disappointing. I think the new Frostbite engine has huge potential for a 2142 sequel (2143?). I just feel like jumping straight to the next game might be a little stagnant.

(edited)

DICE said to us they did not need to go the route of infinityward with yearly game releases.They clearly did not fulfill that and I am very dissapointed.

I do not think I will be picking this up.

Edited by Rochambo

I think EA are more to blame than DICE. DICE are still pretty much the same dev that brought us the massive expansive battles of BF2 and the superb gaming engine frostbite. I think EA's control has really brought the company down a bit. Sure they can still make good games (BF3 was definitely a very good multiplayer game), but EA charging £12 for 4 maps and a few new guns is absurd. They have followed the same money grabbing path as Activision did a few years ago with Call of Duty Expansion Packs and, it appears to be working for them.

• Brohoof 1

I think EA are more to blame than DICE. DICE are still pretty much the same dev that brought us the massive expansive battles of BF2 and the superb gaming engine frostbite. I think EA's control has really brought the company down a bit. Sure they can still make good games (BF3 was definitely a very good multiplayer game), but EA charging £12 for 4 maps and a few new guns is absurd. They have followed the same money grabbing path as Activision did a few years ago with Call of Duty Expansion Packs and, it appears to be working for them.

In my opninion EA always has been a group of money grabbing douchebags. They don't want to pay a part to Valve to be able to put their games on Steam, so they think it's a good idea to make Origin, which was a big load of crap in the start and for a lot of people still is. They are also giving impossible deadlines and give their devs lots of stress. Take Mass Effect 3 for example, for most people this game wasn't nearly as fun as the first two games, and the ending totally ruined it for people. The best example for milking is The Sims, all those expansion packs and all those items you can buy from the store are pretty expensive. They are going way to Activison yeah.

i hope battlefield 4 is nothing like call of duty, that was my main problem with BF 3 is it was basicly copying COD in a lot of places, i hope BF4 is more like this amazing game

• 3 months later...

I think it is just a EA way of trying to get your money, but I am not going to say anything bad about it because EA just gives out beta codes, not even the release date for the beta. Who knows, they might not release it for another 3 years and it might be a really enjoyable game. or not

Edited by Retro_Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

With the new trailers out now I think this thread deserves a little bump. Off the battlefield page, they added a

, and
trailer. So as far I I can see they still plan on continuing vehicle usage like from the other BFs, so no dramatic change there. Though unlikely, but possible, the trailer may be showing off the new graphic engine for BF4, and if so, that is sweet. wub.png

Hopefully it will bring back the destruction from BFBC1, while maintaining a high-end quality. Also this Wensday Battlefield stated that an official, information revealing trailer will be realized to the public, so that will more than likely be the decider on me pre-ordering it or not. So I'm pretty excited about that           cool.png

Even though I had high hopes on BFBC3, I hope ether Dice actually puts a good campaign and co-op in BF4, or just not at all. Playing through BF3's campaign/co-op almost made me want to sit down and cry.

After reading through the BF Facebook page it doesn't state what console gen it will appear on, or if it will even appear on a console, though knowing EA's ever so greedy hands it will more than likely be on console, which I'm also assuming will be cleared up Wensday. 

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 1