Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

8/10

Ayy, that musical's quite talked about among my IRL friends.

It's okay, although I'd wish the instruments were a little spicier. :nom:

Time for some fuwafy animoo rawk :catface:

Not a KISS fan, but the song is OK, have not heard it in a while so bumping it up for that. 7/10

Artist: Hammer Horde

Song: In the Name of Winter's Wrath

Album: Under the Mighty Oath

Genre: Viking Metal

(edited)

Thoughts on scores:

10/10: S/A+ (Above and beyond the best grade!)

9/10: A (Best grade, awesome!)

8/10: B (Now we're talking!)

7/10: C (Pretty good grade, but not exactly outstanding.)

6/10: D (Still not a good grade, but not exactly bad either.)

5/10: E (Barely pass, not exactly a good grade but it's a pass still.)

Anything lower: F (Didn't pass, should really try to improve).

Time to catch up, this might take a while.

Sleep: 7/10. Nice groove, decent vocals (though I'm not a fan, feels like Black Sabbath-lite).

Accept: 8/10. Nice guitars.

Suicidal Tencencies: 8/10. Punk music with clear trash metal influence, without being whiny.

Savage Circus: 9/10. I should check out that band! Nice synergy between the drums and guitars, somewhat heavy power metal while still being fairly catchy, nice chorus, and I quite like the singer's voice (sounds a lot like Hansi Kürsch from Blind Guardian).

Dozer: 8/10. Feels very old school while still having a good audio quality.

Hammerfall: 8/10. Ham on cheese. Nice drumming, and the guitars work fine. I'm not a super fan of Cans' singing personally, but that might be subjective. Catchy chorus.

God Macabre: 8/10. Nice variety, good level of technical skill, good synergy between the instruments. Overall, a good death metal song.

Annihilator: 5/10. The guitar solo is pretty awesome, and the guitars aren't bad overall. The verses are a bit slow and I dislike the chorus, though (makes me think of nu-metal/rap metal).

Vinesauce Joel: 7/10. Disregarding the lyrics and that awful ”clean” singing, the song is pretty good.

Yohioloid: 7/10. Interesting. It gets a bit repetitive at times though.

Iron Maiden: Still Life: 8/10. Piece of Mind is an awesome album, and this song has a lot going for it as well. With that being said, I personally would settle for 8/10 rather than 9/10. The guitar solo is awesome, but the rest of the song ranges from good to great, giving it an overall score of ”Great”. Probably one of the ”weaker” songs on the album, but it's still great.

I'm skipping the anime stuff since I find it hard to rate it somewhat objectively since I dislike the vocals too much.

Iron Maiden: Moon Child: 9/10. At this point I don't really think there's much need to motivate why Iron Maiden made some really awesome songs.

Dead Girl Walking: 8/10. I quite like this. Kind of like a musical with some rock flavor from the singing.

Black Sabbath: Electric Funeral: 8/10. Black Sabbath really knew how to create a groovy sound sometimes.

Imagine Dragons: 6/10. They're balancing on the line between ”enjoyable” and ”over the top alternative-rock yelling for no good reason”. The song has a lot of merit, though it also has a lot of issues. Still, if it played on the radio I'd probably not switch channel. The guitar solo is nice.

Metallica: 6/10. Mediocre drumming, lack of tempo and energy. Not one of their best songs.

Pokémon: Subjective: Objective: ?.

Helloween: Lost in America: 7/10 or 8/10. Fun power metal, catchy chorus, but does it have enough depth for 8/10? Time will tell, I suppose.

Judas Priest: 10/10. One of their best songs, and one of the best traditional heavy metal songs of all time (in my opinion).

Asia: 7/10. At first, I wasn't a big fan, but it grew on me on relistenings. It's kind of whacky, but chill and retro at the same time.

Hoth: 9/10. Bit surprised how catchy it ended up being, I expected something more like atmospheric black metal or dark folky melodic death metal. Still, nothing wrong with happy music, and the intro is superb. It's super catchy too. The string instrument (violin?) is subtle but adds to the atmosphere. The music manages to sound happy and cold at the same time.

Helloween: The Saints: 8/10. Catchy power metal is... not hard to come by, at all. Still, this song is a lot of fun.

Rick and Morty: 7/10. The Morty impression is really good! Rick and Morty is an amazing show too.

Kiss: 8/10. This song is a lot of fun.

Hammer Horde: 8/10. I'm not personally a fan of genre names based mostly on lyrics (like viking metal and pirate metal). I guess I'd call that Melodic Death Metal and probably Folk Metal as well. Anyway, very catchy and enjoyable.

Black Sabbath: 8/10. Dio was such an amazing singer.

Edited by Ironic Nickname

(edited)

Heard this one before, don't really like yngwie, needs more of the other instruments, and to me it just sounds like constant twiddly guitar solos :/

3/10

Edited by Rawzy
  • Brohoof 1

9/10 I love the electric guitar and the vocals are intense and effective as well! 

''Its cute you all think you're the hero of this adventure, but you're not, welcome to Pandora kiddos!'' -Borderlands 2 

• Brohoof 2