Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

7/10 (potentially 8/10). Pretty good song, solid guitars, though the melody doesn't stand out, the chorus doesn't stand out, the verses doesn't stand out, and Cans' singing in this song is nothing special (imo). The guitar solo is pretty sweet, and the song gets better near the end.

(This song is rather long, so if you don't feel like listening to everything I recommend 00:00 to about 03:00, and then 04:35 to 06:48, and finally 08:05 to 09:05)

(edited)

6/10 
Eh, not my cup of tea, and the singing wasn't great. But the music (sort of) made up for it. Would have been better without the "singing" :D
(Also, your bug made me smack my screen. Thanks)

How about we add some non-metal into the mix on this thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMlFXouPk8

(I have no idea how to attach a youtube video the way you guys did, forgive me).

Edited by Smooya
  • Brohoof 1

The Attick Demons song: 9/10. Wow, he really sounds like Bruce Dickinson! Good stuff.

The Pink Floyd song: 6/10 (borderline 7/10). It was a bit slow, which isn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't beautiful enough or powerful enough to make up for it. With that being said, it's well-produced, the piano and guitar is played well, and there's not much else to complain about. I liked the instrumental parts the best, that alone would have made the song a 7/10 or maybe even an 8/10.

Let's try some cool jazz (which is very different from smooth "jazz", which isn't really jazz at all).

@SmooyaTo embed, you've got to wait a little bit until you see the video pop up or something. Don't know why, but that's how it is. :wacko:

Also yeah, that beauty of a Pink Floyd song. 10/10

Also a 10/10. Can't go wrong with Take Five. That saxy sax...

8/10. The acoustic guitars do a good job at setting a somewhat dark, eirie tone, reminding me a bit of the Diablo 2 soundtrack. Like most (melodic/technical/progressive) death metal vocalists, I find his clean singing to be below average for a metal singer. The electric guitars near the end help create a dirty and dark atmosphere, which fits the song somewhat but they're nothing special aside from that. Overall, it's a very atmospheric song that does what it sets out to do.

Time for some old school melodic death metal:

• Brohoof 1

Blind Guardian: 9/10. Blind Guardian is an awesome band, and that song is no exception.

Afgrund: 6/10: Grindcore seems like a genre that you'd have to listen to quite a bit to appreciate. That song sounds a bit like less technical and more punk-ish death metal. Which is cool, I suppose, but I like the technical aspects of death metal.

Green Day: 6/10: I find it okay, if rather generic (could be that it's fairly popular, I suppose).

Savage Circus: 7/10: Reminds me a bit of Blind Guardian. Good song, though I wasn't super-impressed by it. Perhaps it could be an 8/10 on a few more listenings?

Accept; 8/10. The intro is really nice, and so is the Für Elise part. Those alone would make the song a 9/10. The verses are a bit slow without being powerful, and the chorus isn't too impressive. Still, my overall impression is that I like it.

(I personally consider 7/10 a good score, 8 even better, 9 rare, and 10 super-rare, so a 7/10 from me isn't a bad score. 6 is decent/okay, 5 is meh, 4-1 various degrees of bad).

This is the MLP boards, so let's go for something somewhat related to unicorns... I recommend listening to the lyrics. ;)

• Brohoof 1

7/10 Its not bad, not my cup of tea though. I can see how some people would enjoy it though.

This is a soundtrack from a game I played as a kid, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Still love the music to this game a lot. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

5/10  meh

5 hours ago, WokeSmeed said:

6/10. It's an alright song, but I've heard it way too much in my life.

Weird, I'd think that would actually cause the score to go up.  After all, nostalgia goggles can make anything seem better, no matter how terrible.

Now for a song in Swahili that I've been practicing a ton since I'm gonna be doing a performance of it this Friday.  Admitedly, I am starting to get kind of sick of it, but it's still catchy as hell.

Edited by Soaring Symphony

(edited)

Grave Digger: 8/10: Very catchy chorus, nice guitar work, sweet guitar solo. The chorus reminds me a bit of ”Over the Hills and Far Away” by Gary Moore and covered by Nightwish and Thyrfing (and other bands as well).

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger: 8/10: Fun times, feels like a mix of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Rayman.

Swahili song: 7/10 or 8/10: It reminds me of The Lion King. And Civilization 4 (Baba Yetu). It's fun and happy, though I prefer those.

Elton John: 7/10: Bit repretitive and could've benefitted from some more complexity, but overall a fun song.

Iron Maiden: 9/10 (10/10 for the studio version): One of their best songs. The guitars sound a bit off in the live version, so I've deducted a point.

Slough Feg: 7/10 or 8/10: The album itself is an 8/10, but this song is a bit too slow and repetitive to reach that level (in my opinion). The guitar solo is great though.

Now for something a bit different:

Edited by Ironic Nickname