• Discord
    • Joker
  3. 3. Who has a better sense of humor?

• Discord
    • Joker
  4. 4. Who is the better villain?

• Discord
    • Joker

Has anyone actually looked at the similarities between the Joker and Discord. They are both chaotic, they are both good comedians, neither have a sense of remorse, neither have a real plan of action just in it for the fun of it, and both are attempting to corrupt the masses. Just want to know what you think.

Edited by irobern2857

Joker is far more sadistic and grimdark than Discord, and I appreciate Discord's wit a lot more than Joker's. There are similarities, but they aren't THAT alike in terms of an overall villain.

Chaos = Discord

Evil = Joker

Humor = Discord, for the most part

• Brohoof 1

I have to say Discord's "chaotic nature" is child's play compared to the Joker's. Sure, he's a huge nuisance to all those who oppose him, but he's not a sadistic, cruel (at least not as much as the Joker), mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown like the Joker is. The Joker's chaotic nature actually terrorizes people and makes them feel truly uncomfortable, whereas Discord's seem to be limited to just causing drama between people - easily creating disharmony, but not to the point where the explicitly starting ripping each other's throats out.

That being said, Discord's humor is funny at times because they are genuinely laughable although sometimes they're jokes that can lower your self-esteem or make you have doubts about yourself and your friends. The Joker... well, he has an ability to really take people and bring them down to his level, as showcased by Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight. Him, along with a few other people that contributed to Gotham's growing fear of all things Joker-related.

• Brohoof 3

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I can't say Discord is as evil as the Joker but obviously he did something that made Celestia turn him into a stone statue to make a nice addition to her gardens.

As for more chaotic, no contest. Joker would just use terrorist style bombings...what would Discord use? EXPLODING CHOCOLATE MILK! Need I say more?

They have different senses of humour. Joker loves to see people laugh, die a horrible death, annoy Batman and be a complete troll. Discord on the other hand likes to turn Equestria into something from a stoner's dream.

Evil: Joker. Yeah, Discord does funny stuff here and there, but Joker is a complete maniac, and does kill people, unlike Discord.

Chaotic: Discord. Y'know, the spirit of Chaos and Disharmony and all... Plus, he can take anything that makes sense, and mix it all up. Just watch every bit of "Return to Harmony".

Sense of Humor: Uhh... kind of a hard choice. Probably Joker. I'm saying this from Batman Arkham Asylum, and Batman Arkham City. I do laugh at his jokes. Discord is almost there, but Joker wins for me.

Discord is mostly just a troll . Whereas the Joker seems a lot more like a terrorist clown because he's a mass murderer and discord mostly just messes with all the ponies of ponyville. Then again discord is on mlp fim and he Joker is from a pg 13 movie.

Discord is mostly just a troll . Whereas the Joker seems a lot more like a terrorist clown because he's a mass murderer and discord mostly just messes with all the ponies of ponyville. Then again discord is on mlp fim and he Joker is from a pg 13 movie.

i can see were you saw he is just a troll and because it is a kids show they do have to tone it down but i accept this as part of his story too because would fit him it more violent material was allowed

Well.. The Joker was a mass murderer, who wanted to spread anarchy through violence.

Discord just wanted to basically troll some ponies.

There's a lot of differences between the two. I'd say the only thing they have in common is their fascination with chaos.

• Brohoof 1

A topic debating both a MLP villain AND a Batman villain? Oh boy, here I go...

I warn you, get ready for me to bust this whole debate. I will handle this the way the OP wants me to, who is more Evil, who is more Chaotic, who has the best sense of humor and who is the best villain.

Who is more evil:

Discord: Personally I think people are wrong to even call Discord evil. He is an antagonist and an obstacle to be sure, but he is in no way evil. Discord is literally the spirit of chaos, and what is chaos mind you?

A. Complete disorder and confusion

or

B. Behavior so unpredictable as to appear random, owning to great sensitivity to small changes in conditions.

In no way is chaos inherently 'EVIL'. Chaos in it's nature, is neutral. Chaos may lead to evil acts and things, but it may also lead to good acts and things. Randomness and disorder are the name of the game when it comes to Discord, so with that in mind I propose that Discord is not evil at all. He is a force of randomness and chaos, meaning that he even blurs the line of villain at all.

The Joker: Joker is, unlike Discord, evil by definition. He is a mass murderer, a sadist in the respect that he takes the suffering and belittlement of others as a joke and a terrorist. Like discord he does have an element of chaos (Randomness) to the way he acts. You don't know what really makes him tick. He might kill you, he might not, it could come down to if he thinks it would conduce to his maniacal sense of humor. Unlike discord, the joker still commits to evil acts to accomplish his goals. Unlike discord, he does have an agenda, and he CHOOSES to subject others to horrendous tortures to help him further his goal.

That is not chaos, that is a man consciously choosing to commit acts of evil. With that in mind, the neutrality factor of chaos is thrown out the window in the case of the Joker.

So who is more evil? Definitely The Joker.

Who is more Chaotic?:

This pretty much goes back to my original point about chaos. Discord, being the spirit of chaos, represents that randomness and disorder. Joker is more of an Anarchist. The difference being, one is a total state of randomness while the other is a state of lawlessness and lack of control.

Anarchy is the lack of any sort of control or form of rules and stability, while chaos is a state of utter confusion, counter intuition and complete randomness.

While the Joker can be generally motivated by chaotic means and is without a doubt unpredictable, he still generally has a plan or general direction. This is not chaos.

Discord on the other hand, does what he wants, when he wants with no rules, direction or even basic logic. He doesn't need to justify or even explain his actions, because it's chaos.

So in the end, Joker can be chaotic most of the time, but Discord literally IS the living definition of chaos. So yeah, Discord

is more Chaotic.

Who has the better sense of Humor:

This one is actually the hardest one to pinpoint. This one really comes down to opinion.

The problem with trying to pinpoint the Joker's humor is that he see's literally everything as a joke. He sees the way we live and the morals we live by as laughable. He believes that, with the presence of random injustice means there is no justice, the slow destruction of innocence means there is no innocence. Everyone can be bought, and when it comes to it so called 'Normal' people with stab each other in the back to stay on top. With this logic he believes that society hides behind a deluded facade of misguided morals, meaning that everything we stand for, the meaning of our lives, is just a bad joke.

Discord on the other hand finds humor pretty much by being a huge troll.

It really depends on your own tastes, but I for one prefer the dark, sadistic humor of The Joker

Who is the better villain?:

Once again, a matter of opinion. Everyone has they're favorites. If were talking about who is more dangerous, I would say Discord has the potential to be deadly (having supernatural elements to him), but the Joker acts the most dangerous of the two.

I think that when it really comes down to it, Discord just wants to have fun. He just wants to spread chaos and do whatever the hell he wants.

The Joker is out to prove a point. He wants to prove that deep down, everyone is as crazy as he is. He wants to prove that all it really takes is one bad day to drive the sanest man alive to lunacy. And above everything else, he wants to prove that nobody is pure, and that everyone will compromise their morals under the right circumstances.

That is why he is so obsessed with Batman. He wants to make batman break his one rule, and force him to take a life. He is willing to cause untold destruction, fill countless graveyards and even sacrifice his own life if need be; Just to prove a point.

So I would say that the Joker is way more dangerous, thus the better villain.

TL:DR version?:

Joker is more evil

Discord is more Chaotic

Joker has the better sense of humor

Joker is the better villain

There we go.. Did I win? :3

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 2

i can see were you saw he is just a troll and because it is a kids show they do have to tone it down but i accept this as part of his story too because would fit him it more violent material was allowed

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9r_R1e3R9E&feature=BFa&list=FLTgzWuI4GQP1gIPig9RRrQQ

I guess we'll never truly know until discord is on more than just a kids show. Filllllllllllllllller.

The Joker definitley wins for humour. I mean come on, you can't beat this.

This is the exact scene I was thinking of as well while voting haha

I think discord is defiantly more chaotic, but he didn't really ruin people lives as much as the joker did, they did both change people

Completely like Harvy dent (for the joker) and the mane 6 ( discord) but discord didn't kill any ponies.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly, the proper response to this topic is, 'Not sure about comparing them separately, but if they were together, everypony & every Gothamite is boned.'

Best Butler Ever: Master Wayne, it would appear that the Joker has returned to terrorize Gotham. And he has...a rather strange creature as a companion. The press is up in an uproar. It appears the creature calls himself, 'Discord', and by the snap of his fingers, he can make just about anything happen. Erm, granted it has to do with the illogical, anyway.

I'M BATMAN: ...Goddamnit Alfred, Gotham nearly get's blown to smithereens by a nutball mercenary and an immortal man's psycho daughter, and you expect me to come back again? Forget it. I'm done, this time, Alfred. You saw the ending scene, too, you were there. The new Robin guy can handle it.

Best Butler Ever:

Posted Image

--

But anywho.

Discord has a better sense of humor and is more chaotic. He's wittier, and he is the definition of chaos. The Joker actually has plans and such. They may be crazy plans, and they may involve variables of uncertainty, but they're still plans. Discord basically decides to play games and do whatever he wants, so, he's more chaotic.

Bu, Joker is definitely more evil. Discord is sadistic in the sense of enjoying the disharmony between ponies, laughing as he more or less splits them apart as friends, if only temporarily, but the Joker is a sadistic killer. Though they're both 'clowns', Joker is a far more serious villain. You ARE comparing a show aimed at young kid's, to something entirely different. Even the joker in the Animated Batman series for kids was out to kill most of the time.

Very nice poll. Here are my thoughts; Joker is by far a lot more evil than Discord, and in my humble opinion, the better villain of the two. However, since Discord has supernatural powers, the limits of which are currently unknown, he is the more chaotic of the two, and since his sense of humor is a lot less sadistic and twisted than Joker's, he has the better sense of humor of the two (although Joker can be hilarious at times!). However, despite the fact that these two have their differences, Celestia help us if those two ever team up!!!

Also, I give you your nightmares for the next few weeks. What do ya say? Are you a stallion, or a Scootaloo?

Are ya sure?

No turning back now!

Almost there!!!

SURPRISE!!!!!!! Just kidding!

Seriously still going... OK, but this could take awhile.

Posted Image

HA!!!!!!!!!! GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Batbrony

If I had to pick who is more evil and the better villain I would say Joker. Discord is a good villain and he had a plan, but Joker would kill people and would do all kinds of mad stuff to win. Discord just wants to make their lives miserable. I do think that Discord has a better sense of humor and is more chaotic. He did make a world go mad and cotton candy clouds that rain chocolate milk. That is funny.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Joker is a better villain, but discord is a lot more chaotic.

The Joker is in fact, a mass murder. Discord though, makes ponies feel miserable forever. So would you rather be dead or miserable forever? So i think Discord is slightly more evil.

I think the Joker is a better villain, but discord is a lot more chaotic.

The Joker is in fact, a mass murder. Discord though, makes ponies feel miserable forever. So would you rather be dead or miserable forever? So i think Discord is slightly more evil.

This logic is very flawed, seriously do you honestly think discord is more evil than the joker, the BUCKING JOKER, you honestly have not seen what the joker would do, what the joker does to people Is horrid, he will kill your loved ones as a joke!

This logic is very flawed, seriously do you honestly think discord is more evil than the joker, the BUCKING JOKER, you honestly have not seen what the joker would do, what the joker does to people Is horrid, he will kill your loved ones as a joke!

At least he killed them rather than putting them through pain and misery their entire life! I'm just sayin, I would rather have a love one die before a long life of misery and depression. (Even if it is a joker type death)