Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is discord...Flirting?

Codelyy

Yeah but from what i gathered it is somewhat disliked by many celestia fans (also called 'sunfags'.)

But he gave twilight flowers too and they even danced...what else would be this?

I think you are reading too much into it. It's Discord, he does that with many others too.

He touched Shining Armor too...maybe he has a thing for him too?

Perhaps you should take off your shipping goggles... :smug:

You think that this is what I'm saying:

"If Discord comes into contact with any character, he is flirting".

Okay, let me stop you right there, because that isn't what I'm implying at all.

This is what I'm actually saying:

"The writers gave an instance of forgiveness with a light touch of flirting towards Celestia".

The key word there is "Celestia".

I never said anything about Discrod having a "thing" for Twilight, or any other character.

I'm not thinking too much about this. If I was, I could have written so much more from the begining.

Remember, you quoted me first ;)

But how do you know this?

You see light flirting. I see a apology.

Who is right then?

This isn't about who is right and who is wrong.

This thread isn't in the debate section.

The thread is asking "Is Discrod flirting?".

I answered the question by saying yes.

I see it as flirting, and you see it as an apology. We have different opinions on it. That's all there is to it.

Edited by Royal Samurott

This isn't about who is right and who is wrong.

This thread isn't in the debate section.

The thread is asking "Is Discrod flirting?".

I answered the question by saying yes.

I see it as fleeting, and you see it as an apology. We have different opinions on it. That's all there is to it.

Hmh...i understand.

I guess it's like you said, we have both different opinions on it.

Hmh...i understand.

I guess it's like you said, we have both different opinions on it.

It's not really an opinion. He was flirting. With twilight and everyone, he was just being a bit of a jokey dick but he was flirting with her. 

And all you had to say was "I don't like that ship" you didn't have to get into a long argument with sammy over something that you don't really have a leg to stand on.

Edited by Lightning-flickr

It's not really an opinion. He was flirting. With twilight and everyone, he was just being a bit of a jokey dick but he was flirting with her. 

And all you had to say was "I don't like that ship" you didn't have to get into a long argument with sammy over something that you don't really have a leg to stand on.

"He WAS flirting"

Creator of this episode and head writer of entire show clearly states he wasn't (and i quote "sing of apology THAN ANYTHING ELSE")

I don't think is a matter of interpretation or maybe my logic is not working anymore...

Well regardless of whether or not Discord was probably flirting with Celestia, why not just leave it at that it was possible that he was either flirting, apologizing or both? :umad: Everyone wins and no headcanons explode and regardless of the outcome, we can let the fanfics and art fill out the more intimate details. :nom:

At this past BronyCAN, Nicole Oliver said that she wanted to explore other sides to Celestia's personality where she was able to be more herself, and not simply ruler. She especially wanted to explore Celestia's choices for companionship over the last thousand years. To that end, Ms. Oliver said she's been begging the writers to do an episode where Celestia and Discord go on a date to the bowling alley.

I will point out that even she doesn't think this will happen.

Honestly, there aren't that many dislestia fans anymore.

In fact, many peolpe even begin to hate that ship.

It was popular two years ago....but now? Hated, annoyed and meh'd by quite a amount of bronies.

It may seem that it's still popular but most of these fans are from the 'old guard' and...well, don't take it too personally but the rest consists of teenaged girls (same goes for fluttercord too).

Your'e talking about me aren't you? xD

At this past BronyCAN, Nicole Oliver said that she wanted to explore other sides to Celestia's personality where she was able to be more herself, and not simply ruler. She especially wanted to explore Celestia's choices for companionship over the last thousand years. To that end, Ms. Oliver said she's been begging the writers to do an episode where Celestia and Discord go on a date to the bowling alley.

I will point out that even she doesn't think this will happen.

Yeah, no.

Honestly, i'm kinda growing tired of her dislestia encouragements. Some peolpe say she's just joking but honestly it's getting annoying. Apparently everytime she at some panel/con or whatever it must be something dislestia related.

Here's the hope that the writers don't follwo that idea because it would not casue a shitstorm but it would break her character too.

Make fluttercord canon and then let it be peace.

Yeah, no.

Honestly, i'm kinda growing tired of her dislestia encouragements. Some peolpe say she's just joking but honestly it's getting annoying. Apparently everytime she at some panel/con or whatever it must be something dislestia related.

Here's the hope that the writers don't follwo that idea because it would not casue a shitstorm but it would break her character too.

Make fluttercord canon and then let it be peace.

Truth be told, Dislestia may not be such a bad thing.

At the very least it would add more character, to someone who is incredibly lacking in it. Seeing another side of Celestia instead of this supposedly sagely but aloof mentor and leader could be refreshing.

Truth be told, Dislestia may not be such a bad thing.

At the very least it would add more character, to someone who is incredibly lacking in it. Seeing another side of Celestia instead of this supposedly sagely but aloof mentor and leader could be refreshing.

It woudn't make sense and it would kinda break her character and image.

She would go for the guy who betrayed her and tried to detroy her beloved kingdom and for what reasons exactly?  Because both are immortal? That's honestly a pretty pathetic reason and by that logic Luna would be a choice too.

Besides, we already have a canon ship for her: Good Guy Sombra.

And if i remember correctly Meghan herself approved of this ship.

There can be a Celestia episode aired without mentioning that she blo****** him or the like. >_>

The main problem is not even time that need to be sacrificed for this ship to work. (at least some episode for them to become friends and some episodes for exploring their past would take half of the season)

The problem is Meghan already seen the comic and trying to make a shipping just to please the fans and at the same time pushing comics out of canon is not something she would do. Especially since she mention that she wanted to connect comic and tv show universe. Also shipping overall is not something she wanted to focus on. Even Fluttercord may not develop further. Remember Powerpuff Girls? Remember shipping with Rowdy Boys? Or Buttercup with Ace? Did any of the shipping become canon until last episode? I think same will be with this series. Only FlashLight will be explored and only in the movies.

The main problem is not even time that need to be sacrificed for this ship to work. (at least some episode for them to become friends and some episodes for exploring their past would take half of the season)

The problem is Meghan already seen the comic and trying to make a shipping just to please the fans and at the same time pushing comics out of canon is not something she would do. Especially since she mention that she wanted to connect comic and tv show universe. Also shipping overall is not something she wanted to focus on. Even Fluttercord may not develop further. Remember Powerpuff Girls? Remember shipping with Rowdy Boys? Or Buttercup with Ace? Did any of the shipping become canon until last episode? I think same will be with this series. Only FlashLight will be explored and only in the movies.

Exactly.

I'm pretty sure they won't shipp any of the already established characters.

Fluttercord may become some sort of sparity but not really much more.

It's a show about friendship and not love.

Besides, Hasbro won't approve of it. They saw the mess with the reflection arc (by the way, here's your characterisation for celestia) and i'm sure they won't shipp after that any character more.

Edited by Commissar Alexer

• 8 years later...
On 2014-05-24 at 12:42 AM, Codelyy said:

I guess that could be true but i guess we will never know. He even got nervous about giving the flowers :P

It's possible he was nervous, but it's unlikely that he was nervous about giving her was flowers. More likely that he was nervous and hoping she would accept the apology

13 hours ago, FlutterIsBestAlicorn said:

It's possible he was nervous, but it's unlikely that he was nervous about giving her was flowers. More likely that he was nervous and hoping she would accept the apology

Honestly, I'm not sure how you managed to find and awaken this topic from when I was 15 years old ahaha. 

To answer myself though, he's giving the flowers as an apology. No flirting :Daydreaming:. Though I don't really think flowers is enough when you almost destroyed Equestria.

2 hours ago, Codelyy said:

Honestly, I'm not sure how you managed to find and awaken this topic from when I was 15 years old ahaha. 

To answer myself though, he's giving the flowers as an apology. No flirting :Daydreaming:. Though I don't really think flowers is enough when you almost destroyed Equestria.

Nah. There's a flirt going between them through several scenes in the show. The comedy performance by discord during the gala provides a moment where Celestia shows a subconscious behaviour from someone crushing over someone else. It pains me to admit it, given I support fluttercord, but there was something going on in there even if just to trigger Fluttershy in an attempt to get her attention.

However, I must point out that there are times when people will flirt with others as a friendly tease. Not all flirting has romantic goals despite if there's actual attraction, and more often than not people with chemistry will flirt playfully even if they don't mean to become a couple.

1 hour ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Nah. There's a flirt going between them through several scenes in the show. The comedy performance by discord during the gala provides a moment where Celestia shows a subconscious behaviour from someone crushing over someone else. It pains me to admit it, given I support fluttercord, but there was something going on in there even if just to trigger Fluttershy in an attempt to get her attention.

However, I must point out that there are times when people will flirt with others as a friendly tease. Not all flirting has romantic goals despite if there's actual attraction, and more often than not people with chemistry will flirt playfully even if they don't mean to become a couple.

Right?:mlp_smug::Daydreaming: