Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Shifted: The Remake

Arylett Charnoa

OOC Topic

The purple-hued skies of the night slowly gave way to the rays of light emanating from the brilliant sun. There were oranges, there were reds, there were purples of all hues that washed across the sky. In that moment of dawn, it was the moment when the creations of both Princesses temporarily mingled. Like a vast and glorious painting the skies, its beauty was near unrivaled by anything in all of Equestria. The stars twinkled and then resigned. They had allowed the power of the greatest star of all to bring forth its warmth.

This warmth spread unchecked into every nook and cranny. Birds chirped, trees inclined their branches to take in this sweet auto tropic nourishment, and a small tan equine-like creature let out a high-pitched irritated yawn as she opened her chocolate-hued eyes slowly.

This light, it was annoying! Who turned it on anyway? And why was it so hot? Ugh, she felt like she was going to start sweating up a storm! Somehow, her hair felt strangely thicker... and like it was coating her body. The equine didn't think much of it, as she was still quite groggy from such a rude awakening. All she did was take a front leg and use it to block her face from the sun... though for some reason, she noted that she couldn't feel her fingers and that her hand felt much harder upon her face. It seemed to have brushed against some sort of protrusion on her forehead...

It still persisted, and she groaned even further.

"Fine, fine! I'm going, I'm going!"

As she opened her large eyes even wider, she felt more strange sensations. The ground around her felt wet, and one glance downwards confirmed that she had been laying in a dew-filled morning grass. How unsanitary!

...Wait, how did she even get here? Wasn't she on a date? Something was very wrong...

The amount of suspicions in her mind began to increase. Feeling hairer, no feeling in her fingers, new place? Could it be...? Could it be a scenario she had typically foreseen in several forms of media? Had she...?

She lifted up a front leg to her eyes and gasped in a sort of numb way, too shocked to even exclaim. What was it? Some... some kind of hoof?! Then she wasn't the type of creature that she had often dreamed of transforming.

Still though, she couldn't quite believe it was true. She had to do several tests. The tan-colored equine took both of her front legs and felt her face. It seemed... a small snout-like protrusion. Not like a horse, nor like anything she could really imagine. Her glasses still fit snugly upon it though, and her necklace was still dangling from her neck just as it had been. And... she still had that flower in her hair. Erm, mane now.

Then she felt that thing on her forehead, which she presumed was a horn. Her ears were pointed, and it seemed that she was now covered in fur. But there was a particular segment of the fur that she had noticed upon her head, even thicker, near where the horn had protruded. She inclined her head a little and noticed a significantly darker segment of curly fur that... had resembled her hair minus the crimson streak in it. So she had some sort of mane too.

From what she had gathered thus far, she could presume she was some type of horse. (Not accounting for the short snout, of course.) Some horse... with a horn. Oh no.

...No way.

"I'm a unicorn?! What... dammit. Of all the things, I had to become the most girly." She uttered to herself, disgruntled.

Yet she still had to make sure. The "unicorn" slowly lifted her body, feeling rather unbalanced as she tried to stand on two legs, and toppling over onto four. Something about her body told her it was now wrong to stand like that. It was only coming closer to the conclusion.

Inclining her head once more towards her behind, she noticed that she had hooves on her backlegs too, and a lengthy curly tail that had the same colors as her mane. There was even a strange marking on her side... a marking she recognized. The symbol she had created! But horses didn't have symbols like that... what the hell was sh-

Whoa!

What was this...? She had suddenly noticed that she had been surrounded by a bunch of horselike creatures that seemed similar to her. Some had horns, some... had wings, (seriously, why WINGS? Were they... pegasus if they were horselike?) and some had neither. (Why couldn't she be one of those? Stupid girly unicorn...) Most of them had been asleep just as she had been. What was going on? Were they all people just like her who had gone through a strange transformation? Was this an elaborate dream of sorts?

"Just what the hell am I...? And what is going on?" Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Screw this glitchy thing, I'm making my own link.
  • Brohoof 9

Still asleep, the young male, lime-green pony was dreaming thoughts of random games. That is, until the light finally got to him and he shut his eyes tighter in a pathetic attempt to block the sun out. However, the light refused to leave, so he began to moan out of annoyance as he was now aware that he felt some form of wetness on his side. *Ugh... Did I sweat in my sleep again...?* was the first thing that came up in his mind, before he started opening his eyes slowly. As soon as his eyes were open, he noticed that instead of being on a bed, he was lying on grass.

"What the...? Grass...?" he whispered to himself, trying to push himself up with his hands, only to not be able to feel his hands, or fingers at that. Looking down, his eyes popped wide open as he saw hooves as opposed to hands. "No... No way... This has to be some sort of crazy dream... It has to be..." As he began to get up and stand on two legs, his body began to shake before landing on his back, landing on the wet, dewy grass. "Ok... Maybe not such a good idea..." After several failed attempts to get tossed around so he can try to get up again, he finally got into a good position. He then pushed his hooves against the grassy ground and slowly began to get up, standing on all four legs this time.

After getting up, he looked around the surrounding area, only now noticing he was surrounded by others that looked like him: some with wings, and some with horns, while some had neither. Looking at his sides, he noticed he had no wings, and slowly moving one of his forelegs up to feel his forehead, he certainly did not feel any horn. Shaking his head, he thought to himself, *This is such a strange dream...* As he looked around once more, he noticed a tan-colored pony that was awake. Figuring he may as well try and speak, he slowly started to lift his front-left leg and move forward, wobbling slightly at the awkwardness. *This is going to take a while... Even for a dream...*

Serah felt warm; a pleasant change from waking up chilled to the bone in a dirty alleyway. But just because the morning had decided to treat her with some semblance of good will didn't make her want to greet it any time soon. She was tired, and needed whatever rest she could get.

But soon, more feelings came to her. Grass tickled her nose, and the ground was much too soft for concrete. And the heat was far too intense, seeming to come from inside of her as well as out.

Now fully alert, Serah's eyes shot open. A thick mass of the most vibrant grass imaginable clouded her vision, and only ended where the rich blue horizon began. She tried to push herself up off of the ground, but her movements were sluggish and uncoordinated, and she ended up flopped over on her side.

“Drugged?” she mumbled to herself, leaning her head over to look up. There was no one around; just the grass, some scattered trees, and a tan horse that was talking to itself.

“A horse talking to itself.” Serah ran that last part by herself again. She sighed, laying her head back down. “Definitely drugged...”

She lay still as she tried to process this new information, and kept per ears pierced for the sound of approaching footsteps. The only noises to be heard came from the horse, but that didn't put her at ease.

“Can't trust surroundings. Clearly suffering from an altered mind state; explains the fire in my gut, too.” Serah thought to herself. “Whoever drugged me hasn't noticed I'm awake yet, it seems. Have to strike fast.”

Unfortunately, moving fast was something her body did not want to do at the moment. Her limbs bicycled aimlessly, and she tried shifting her weight over. After a few moments she managed to right herself, more out of luck than anything else, and was able to get a better look at the small but talkative horse.

“Not just a talking horse; a talking unicorn pony.” she mused. “I wonder...”

Serah managed to maneuver her hand up to her forehead. Her eyes betrayed no emotion as a red hoof appeared where her hand and arm should have been, and she felt a long, hard protrusion coming from her head.

“Insane. If they can make this drug, why not sell it instead of using it as a knockout?” she wondered. “Unless these aren't just any assholes I'm dealing with...”

Knowing now that the body she felt herself in was not her own, Serah made the mental adjustments necessary to get all four of her limbs placed firmly on the soil, and lifted herself up to her full height.

The other unicorn still seemed to be talking to herself, and hadn't noticed Serah yet. Serah saw that they weren't as alone as she thought; many other ponies, some of the pegasus and unicorn variety, littered the field. Another one of them woke up, this one of the lime green variety, and with a controller of some sorts adorning his flanks.

Serah decided to check her own rear, and saw a twisted flame symbol resting upon her flank. At the same time, she noticed a shocking pink ponytail, clearly connected to her head and serving as her mane. A similar pink tail trailed behind her.

“The more things change, the more they stay the same...”

"Just what the hell am I...? And what is going on?" the tan pony asked aloud, the first words Serah had bothered to pay attention to.

“She doesn't know either?” Serah thought. “Could be a trick; can't let my guard down.”

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 2

As the sun starts shining again for the new day, a little blue pony with wings, better known as a pegasus, slept till the light made it's way into her eyes, "Mmm...s-stop..I..want to..sleep more..." When it got too bright, she opened her eyes to see herself drooling and lying on cool, wet, grass. "H-huh? Did I fall asleep while looking at the sky again?" Then she looked at what was her hands, "Huh? W-what is this?" She was looking at a horse's hooves, "Is this a.....dream?" Then she looked at her body, which was those of a blue horse, better yet, a pony. "What? I-I'm a horse? A pony? Eh?" then she stood up to find out that she has wings "Wings? I have wings? So that makes me...a pegasus?" The next thing she saw was a picture on her legs, she regconized it as some marking in the night sky, but she forgot what it's called. "Ehhh? This is weird. What is this?"

Then she saw other ponies around her laying down on the ground, some had wings, some had horns, and some had neither, "Who are these..ponies?" She pondered, then she thought about where herself is, "Where am I? What is this place?"

Then she saw two other ponies near her, one that's red, and one with a tan coat, "Maybe they know, do they?" She came up to them and reluctantly asked "Um...excuse me..do you know anything..um..about this place?" The red one's looks frightened her, "Oh no! I think I shouldn't have asked!" She thought, now stepping back a bit "Uh...nevermind." she said sweating as she got frightened.

The man had awakened, his head throbbing in pain, as he lay there in the thick, damp, grass. He knew not what had happened after he stepped up close to the crack, but nothing at all seemed even remotely normal. He felt... different, somehow, like he was no longer himself. Finally he managed to open up his eyes and he noticed the sun rising up in front of him. He felt it would be best to just lay idle until his headache dissipated. After a minute or two laying motionless, the pulsating migraine calmed down, and he decided it was time to get moving.

He first tilted his head downward, and was glad to notice something familiar in front of him. His Fedora lay just a foot or so away from him, and he quickly reached out to grab it. He did little more than push it away and he tried to close his fingers on the brim of his hat, he thought he had just gone numb, that is until he noticed he had no fingers.

"Wh- Where are my... WHERE'S MY FINGERS!?"

After taking a closer look, he found that his arms had completely changed. He had no hands at all, just these stubby things... Much resembling the hooves of a horse. He panicked, and jumped up to stand on two legs. This simply resulted in a gloriously humorous motion of his hind legs wobbling about as he flailed his hooves about in an attempt to remain balanced. He failed, and ended up falling face first back into the ground.

"Ouch! What is wrong with me? Can't even stand on my own... Wait a second..."

He realized that if his hands had turned into hooves, his legs had probably done the same. He looked down, and sure enough, in place of his usual appendages were a pair of hooves, nothing at all like he was used to. He tried once again to stand up, taking great care not to fall over this time. His attempts failed at least a dozen times before he managed to stand upright in his new horse body of his.

Finally able to stand on his own four hooves, the stallion was very tense, and let loose a large forceful and manly yawn, accompanied with a stretch that would rip the limbs off of a black bear. As he did this, he felt a strange sensation on his back. It felt to him like there was something protruding and pulling from his spine. He tried to turn and get a look of what was going on, but since he was still not used to this new body of his, he simply fell on his side. A sharp pain hit him... somewhere, in a place he didn't even know he had! After he looked down, he found that he had squashed his own wing.

"WHAT!? Jeezles! Not only am I a horse, but now I've got wings as well? That makes me a... Pegasus? Sure, I'm a pegasus... This is such a strange dream."

Of course he thought it was a dream, all this was completely ridiculous and unbelievable. After standing back up, he walked over, ever so carefully, to his fedora, and tried picking it up as best he could. He simply couldn't grab without his fingers, so he knocked it over onto it's top, then proceeded the slam the top of his head into the center of the hat. This worked perfectly, and the Fedora just needed a slight adjustment, without the requirement of fingers, in order to provide maximum style and comfort!

"There we go, at least something is right about this dream!"

Finally able to slowly move around, he took a gander at his surroundings to find a bunch of others laying about, all the same horse shape he had turned into, but most without wings, and some with horns? Pegasus and Unicorns? His first thought was that the crack he had gone to investigate was full of hallucinogenic gasses, and he had the worst of it's side effects. Still, might as well make the best of the situation, whether he be hallucinating or not. He walked up to the nearby tan and lime-green pair, and started up a conversation.

"Hello? So, either of you two know what's going on here?"

• Brohoof 3

The unicorn had noticed that more and more of the others were awakening, and it seemed they had retained the ability to speak. She saw a lime-green one of the equines gazing in her direction and lifting his limbs in confusion, an intimidating fiery-looking one that she made a note not to speak to, a blue pegasus that seemed frantic, and an ivory one that had a very stylish fedora and let out a startlingly manly yawn. So that was what a male looked like... the snout seemed boxier than what she had noticed on the others. It was the same sort of snout on the green one. By intuition of the voice of the blue pegasus, which sounded high pitched and feminine, she saw now that these creatures had a form of sexual dimorphism. Also, that fedora was awesome. It distracted her for a few good moments.

@,

She was slapped back into attention by being addressed by the fedora equine himself. Though intimidated by his tall and bulkiness, she tried to respond the best she could. It seemed everyone else thus far were as confused as her judging by their reactions, meaning that perhaps they were human too.

"Uh, well... erm... no, I do no," she sputtered out, noting that her voice was just about the only thing that was exactly the same about her. It still had that uncertainty that made her feel like a complete idiot every time she spoke. The unicorn resisted the temptation to compliment his fedora, and decided to add more as her mind became clearer with the memories before this strange awakening. "The... last thing I remember is a dumpster and a glowing crack. I just... had to go near it. Against his better judgement..." She was speaking more to herself than the ivory fedoraed pegasus, but he was right. Glowing cracks are never a sign of anything not... weird and beyond the laws of reality.

He groaned. He was glad he had finally stopped falling but his head still felt dizzy from the weightlessness. Hey lay there for a while, trying to recover while taking in his surroundings without opening his eyes.

He could hear the sweet sound of birds chirping and the sound of the wind rustling past branches. He could feel the warmth of the sun's rays as it hit his back and a slight breeze against his body. The ground underneath him felt damp, which he guessed must be because of the morning dew. He thought that the time must still be early morning because of how wet the ground was. He also felt the grass tickle his nose but he just shifted his head to the other side.

His mind now thought back to his decent into the crack. Images from his nightmares flashed in his mind, particularly the back fog. He could hear the people's screams ringing in his ears, which made him feel uncomfortable so he tried to focus of something else.

By this time he could now hear voices, people talking, chatting about something but he couldn't make out what they were saying. The grass tickled his nose yet again so this time he raised his head slowly and opened his eyes.

He could see the source of where the voices where coming from, only they weren't people, they were, horses? He blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't seeing things. No, they were definitely horses alright, he had seen enough pictures of them because of all the paperwork that came though about missing horses to not make that mistake. He immediately noticed they looked different to the pictures he'd seen though, very different, like something he's never seen before.

They were a lot shorter, more pony like and had odd looking manes and tails. They were also coloured strangely as well, like something out of a cartoon.

He decided that by this time he should try to stand up. He stuck his arms out in front of him to only notice that they were actuality hooves, just like the other ponies. He turned his head around to look at his back and sure enough, he was a pony just like them. He carefully tried to stand up and put weight on his new found hooves while trying not to fall over.

He thought back to his training and how any of that would be useful now. He had failed the fitness exam and immediately got assigned to desk duty so he didn't think any of that would be much help.

When he felt comfortable that he could stand balanced, he slowly started walking towards the group that he saw talking before. While looking around, he noticed that there were still a some ponies lying on the ground. Some of them had wings while others had a horn and a few had neither. He stopped for a second to feel the top of his head with his hoof to discover that he too had a horn, before continuing on.

He got close enough to the group to listen what they were saying but stood back a little as so to not to get noticed. He had to admit to himself though that the white pony wearing the fedora had an awe to him that he couldn't help staring at him and his hat.

• Brohoof 3

As the sun shone on Tich's face she immediately rolled over to the other side and muttered to herself "Not yet, it's not noon yet..." still in a half awake daze. The process of waking up was expedited by the fact that she rolled into a patch of dew causing her whole side to turn damp. "Alright, I'll wake up" she said to herself. She stretched her hooves and yawned loudly as she was reaching a higher state of awareness. She noticed the field was littered with ponies, unbeknownst of her own transformation to one.

'What is going on here' she thought to herself as she was trying to comprehend her surrounding. Still on her side she moved her hooves back from the stretching position to notice them. She stared silently at them trying to take in all the information she could. 'Am I suffering from a a weird dream or amnesia?' she thought to herself. She knew something was wrong but couldn't put her hoof on it. She decided to check what she looked like. Turning her head to her body. Noticing her tail and her purple coated body.

She proceeded to slide herself into a sitting position, gaining full mobility in both her front hooves. She felt her face "Two eyes, good..." , placing her hooves over her eyes sockets. "Nose thingie, obviously, how else do I smell?" she said to herself. "Ears?" she gasped feeling the side of her face. "Where are my ears?" unable to feel where they were now as opposed to where they would be when she was human. Glancing around at the other ponies she noticed their ears were in fact much higher then she anticipated. Placing her hooves slightly, higher she could feel them. "Phew." a breath of release escaped her.

After all the initial confusion, she attempted getting up completely and moving around. Noticing a group of ponies already awake and talking to themselves. She had missed what they were talking about in her own self inspection. Glancing at the others she noticed distinctions between herself and the others. Some had horns, some had wings like herself, some had none of them. And all of them were in different colours. Approaching the other awoken ponies she uttered "Do any of you know what is going on here?" briefly thinking of how her impromptu introduction went. "Hi" she quickly blurted out after.

• Brohoof 1

Darkness. It surrounded Serene in it's sweet embrace, blanketing any source of light from the depths of her mind. She could feel herself falling for what seemed like days, but she had been asleep throughout the entire ride. While she slept, she could of swore that she felt her back slam against the hard ground, but couldn't recall when exactly it happened. All that she knew for certain now was that the darkness was inside of her mind.

After a few hours of the darkened perception within her mind, she felt her brain spring to life, her senses following suit. One by one, the sensations of her body began to react to wherever she was, forcing her body to shiver. With her eyes still clamped shut, all she could do was think to herself,

"Why is my back so wet... am I bleeding?" Unable to receive an answer for her question, Serene simply laid still on the squishy surface that caused her back to become wet and sticky. Soon, she felt the muscles in her face relax, and her eyes fluttered open slowly. The moment they did this, she forced them shut once more.

"Oh my god, the sun is so damn bright!" Serene brought her hands to her eyes to wipe them of the pain, but was surprised to feel not fingers on her sockets, but something hard and circular feeling. She could feel panic rise in her chest as she thought aloud,

"Oh no! Did those guys cut my hands off!?" Serene then rolled to her side to try to get away from the unknown men, but found out something strange indeed. As she rolled, she did not feel her body roll, but the body of a completely new origin. Her eyes now shot open once more, unaffected by the rays of the sun. She looked down at her body to not see the rockin' body she once owned, but to see a body of a furry creature. She screamed out loud, causing the birds in the tree's to fly away out of fear. She began to panic slowly, her sweat now falling faster than before. She quickly scanned the area to see that there were more of these furry creatures around her. She backed away slowly on the ground as she saw the others. She thought to herself,

"I've gone freaking insane, haven't I?"

• Brohoof 3

The sun was just coming up over the horizon, the Princess of the Sun unwavering in her daily duty of raising the life-giving star into the sky. Magenta was just waking up from a peaceful sleep on a flatbed train car, sitting in the unoccupied station. The nice trainpony had given her permission to sleep there for the night, and was even kind enough to leave some blankets for her! If only everyone back home were this nice, she thought as she slowly rose to her four feet. Calmly yawning, she rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes and face, looking toward the horizon.

"Wow, it's beautiful!" Magenta said to nopony in particular. She hopped off the train car, very quickly recovering from being asleep for nine hours. Levitating her satchel onto her back, she thought about the sweet Zebra lady who gave it to her. It was a bizarre bag that was capable of holding objects much larger than itself. Her prized Roland keyboard, also given to her by the zebra, was safely contained inside its mystifyingly compacted surroundings. Exactly how the medicine mare obtained a musical instrument from the human world still eluded her. There sure was a lot of magic in this world to comprehend... All useful skills to learn later, she figured.

Humming a random tune, Magenta set on her way to wherever the fields would take her. She had easily adjusted to her new environment in which she arrived just a few short days ago. Eager to see more of this magical place, she was attempting to walk to Canterlot, the biggest city in this Equestria, from what she had heard. Opting to take the scenic route, she was not concerned as to when she might arrive there; after all, the destination should always be the journey, as she had always thought.

Soon, she approached an open field where a group of ponies were standing around looking confused. Magenta tilted her head sideways in curiosity. I wonder what they're all up to... she thought to herself. As she hopped along, quickly getting closer to the group, she could feel the tension in the air. Something was wrong here, as though everyone in the area were experiencing a strange bout of amnesia. Since they were near the Everfree Forest--a place that many ponies had already informed her of--Magenta figured one of the creatures that made their homes in the forbidden forest had played a mean trick on all the ponies here.

They'll snap out of it if I just talk to them! The pink pony grinned. She was about to be the only one here who knew what was going on, and she relished the empowering feeling for a moment. Walking up close enough so everyone could see her, she took off her satchel and smiled. "Hi everybody! Oh, excuse me, everypony!" She corrected herself, rolling her eyes and giggling at the silly colloquialisms these equines liked to use.

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 3

Wetness was all around the dozing Nicolas as he lie on his back in glimmering dewy grass, his back soaked, head turned to the side and tongue hanging out of his mouth sloppily. The sound of someone screaming loudly awoke him, his brows furrowing as he tasted something strange. Opening his eyes partially he saw that his tongue was lying on dirt and flattened, damp blades of grass. He merely stared for a moment before his eyes opened a bit wider as he slipped his tongue back into his mouth, an expression forming on his face that was a mixture of confusion and disgust.

He tried to sit up, struggling to lift his torso off of the ground, but he was stuck in an incorrigible cycle of repeated crunches in his attempts. Giving up and falling onto his back once more, he looked at his body to see if maybe something was on top of him and he was numb to feeling it. Nothing appeared to be on top of him, and his hind legs were clearly visible to him as they sort of hovered in the air above his haunches. His eyebrow raised inquisitively as he pondered why he was unable to sit up. 'Maybe I'm like a paraplegic plus or something. My lower body and part of my torso is paralyzed, perhaps?' Testing his theory, he attempted to move his feet, noticing his hind legs kick a little. 'Well, okay, so there goes-' He craned his neck to look at his body once more as he came to an epiphany. 'What the hell is this!?' His mind began to race a bit as he realized that his lower body seemed to be that of horse.

'Was I the victim of some kind of mad science experiment to create horse-men or something? Am I a minotaur!?' His head slapped back into the grass roughly, his neck a tad sore, and he felt around on his head a bit. 'Okay, okay. No horns, so that's good. Now I just have to worry about what happened to, well, my legs.' Attempting to look at himself once more, the pain in his neck increased; a clear sign that he needed to find a better way to get a glance. Rolling onto his side, he tried to stand himself up, but merely fumbled his limbs around in a miserable writhing motion. Thinking for a moment, he rolled over to his other side, then back again. 'Heave, ho, heave, ho,' he thought to himself as he rocked back and forth, unable to gain the momentum he needed to roll onto his feet. "HEAVE, DAMMIT!" He vocalized loudly and abruptly as his body flipped to one side, tucking his knees and elbows as closely as he could while doing so and rolling on top of his limbs.

'There we go. Now, just stand up... What is my name?' His brain felt a pang of pain as he tried to think of his own name. 'Ow, ow. Forget it. I just need to get up.' Pressing his hands onto the ground he attempted to lift himself up to a standing position, but his knees wouldn't straighten out properly, and his body couldn't get past an acute angle from the ground, repeatedly falling forward once again onto his hands. Standing there on all fours, huffing a bit from the exhaustion of trying to stand with this odd disability he suddenly seemed to have, he took a look under him to see what was up. Widening once again, his eyes noticed his chest and arms, or legs, rather, for the first time.

'This can't be happening, this can't be happening,' his mind began to race and his pulse quickened as panic began to rise within him. His heartbeat resonated loudly within his head as his staggered breath began to reach an erratic state to match the jarring and irregular palpitations of his heart. "No- This is- Just-" He stammered incoherently to himself as his imagination began to formulate all manner of possible scenarios which could have led to this. Not once did this seem to be a dream; it was something very real, and very terrifying. 'Somebody turned me into a horse!' his thoughts began to repeat that in his mind over and over, echoing into the very fiber of his being. His legs became shaky as his nerves got the better of him, his fear and anxiety, on top of his terrible coordination with his new body, causing him to topple over as he attempted to step backwards, his haunches meeting the ground roughly. Sitting there, shivering both from the cold and recent revelations, Nicolas tried to calm himself, attempting to rationalize with his own mind.

'It's not as bad as you think...' Nicolas slammed a hoof against his head painfully, forgetting that he had this hard new appendage opposed to his hands, as his brain seemed to stab itself upon trying to think of his name again. 'This is all too weird; there's no way any of this is possible, is there? I can't believe that it's a dream; it feels too real. But is there any other explanation for something like this?' He closed his eyes tightly and thought to himself for a moment, trying to remember the last thing he was doing before this happened, but everything was hazy, like his memories were a place and he was stuck in the middle of a thick fog, alone and without a light. to show him the way.

His breath was still coming in short, uneven bursts, but he could feel his heart begin to calm a bit within his chest. Standing back up awkwardly and slowly, he finally began to take notice of his surroundings. He was in the shade of a nearby tree, but the grass around him was shining brilliantly in the sunlight, and he noticed several bodies all lying around nearby. They were horses, too. This was some kind of sick, experimental test chamber or something, and they were all someone's subjects in whatever twisted research was underway. That had to be it.

Looking carefully at the other horses, most sleeping, but a few stirring and seeming to be communicating with each other, he took note of a few odd things. They were of a plethora of colors, ranging from green to blue and even to an almost normal looking tan coat, and they appeared to have some kind of misshapen faces, with their snouts being significantly shorter than that of any horse he had ever seen. Some of them also appeared to have horns or wings; more freakish research material, no doubt. He shook his head, feeling sorry for everyone here. It's likely that the ones with wings and horns went through the most terrible of procedures, and he wondered if whoever was behind this would remove them at some point. My, that would likely hurt, and he cringed just at the idea. Continuing to look around for a bit and notice the other ponies, Nicolas became lost in thoughts of conspiracies and irrational rationalizations.

Edited by Nico
  • Brohoof 3

As he looked around, still convinced this is a dream, the lime-green pony saw that a number of other ponies had woken up. Sitting down on his hind legs, he looked at his own hooves as he thought, *This is all just a dream, right...? Everything will be back to normal once I wake up, right...?* As he continued staring at his hooves, a curious thought entered his mind: if this is a dream, he wouldn't be able to feel pain if he hit himself in the face. Convinced it was a dream, he wound up smacking himself hard in the snout, wincing hard as he felt pain on his nose from the impact. Shaking his head in shock, he said, in a whispered tone, "This isn't a dream... But, how...?" Closing his eyes again and trying to rack his brain to remember everything, all he could get was a blank. He could remember nothing about anything before he woke up in this world. Nothing, except for this vivid image of a shining crack in the middle of a road.

"Nothing..." he muttered, eyes open now. "Why can I remember nothing...? All I can recall is that crack, but... Of all things, why is that all I can recall...? Just... Who AM I...?" Shaking his head, he slowly got to his hooves again, looking around the area once again. Everything still seemed the same as before he sat down, so he sighed and looked up to the sky for a moment. As he tried to recall any memories from the past, any at all, he heard a voice calling out to him, or was it to everyone there? Either way, the voice that spoke out, "Hi everybody! Oh, I mean everypony!" caused him to jump and snap out of his thoughts, looking back down to see who spoke up.

@

As soon as he looked down, he noticed a new pony amongst the group, one with varying colors of pink and purple. Assuming this new pony was the one who spoke up earlier, he was slightly confused at her correction from everybody to everypony. *Every... Pony? Huh?* he thought to himself, still confused. Not wanting to seem rude for ignoring this new pony though, he decided to respond back, "Um... Hello..."

Timeshift had just woken up, and her head hurt. Like BADLY. She was in a world of blackness. Darkness. Whichever you prefer. She also had the weirdest dream, that she was getting kicked off a cliff. When she woke up, she noticed others were around her. She blinked. Was she seeing things correctly? Or...were they ponies?

She look at her, uh, hands. She had to force herself not to scream.

"I-I have HOOVES?!"

She checked her entire body, 'toe' to 'mane'. She felt around her face, and went to where her mouth was. However, it rounded off a bit into a muzzle. She checked around where her ears were, and they weren't there. She moved up a bit to find them. She could easily clarify it - she was a pony, like the others. She had peach fur, and a pinkish mane with yellow streaks. But then she noticed a sharp blade upon her head, and she almost fainted. She was a unicorn, not a pony.

She stood up, wobbled a bit, and fell over. She got back up a bit. It felt awkward to walk on four legs.

"H-how did this happen? Where am I?" Timeshift asked, a bit shaken. "I've gone mad, haven't I? I'm suffering from...Amnesia or something. Yeah." Timeshift added, getting used to being wobbly.

She sat down and looked around. She wasn't sure if she was in trouble, or if she was near friends. She just decided not to go too far.

One of Aurora's eyes flickered open lazily as the last remnants of the night's dream slowly cleared from her brain. It took her a few moments to realize where she was - facedown and, until recently, asleep in a soft patch of grass. The morning mist that rolled over her, humidifying the air and bringing a scent of fresh nuts and berries from the forest beyond, served to quicken her awakening. Groaning slightly, she stumbled to her hooves as she tasted the fresh morning air, wondering briefly why she had been dozing in a grassy meadow before remembering that she had fallen asleep watching the beautiful stars that had sprinkled the night sky just hours prior.

"Oh, I missed the sunrise," she murmured to herself as she glanced briefly at the rising ball of brilliant light that was now slowly making its way across the sky. Disappointment dropped in her stomach like a lead weight - it would have been the perfect way to end a tireless night of stargazing. But it didn't last; there was always the sunset to look forward to as well. Gently brushing off some of the dirt that had stuck to her hooves during the night, it took Aurora Flare a minute to realize that there were other ponies in the meadow with her.

I didn't see them there when I came here last night, she thought to herself, slightly puzzled as her gaze darted to and from each pony now lying sprawled across the grassy meadow - some of which, it seemed, were starting to wake up as well. I guess I must have dozed off earlier than I thought, and they came here after I was already asleep. Although...I haven't seen them in town, either. She paused in her thoughts for just a moment as she wrestled with the woven basket beside her, before finally opening the lid. She was pleased to note that the food inside was still intact and fresh - she had tried bringing honey-soaked cookies a few weeks ago, and ants had gotten all over them then. She plucked a sandwich out of the hamper with her magic and took a few minutes to finish it before her curiosity overpowered her. Putting the hamper down, she walked cautiously towards the largest throng of ponies, panic rising slowly in her chest as with every step she took. What was she supposed to say to them?

"Um...hello," she said uncertainly as she approached the group. "W-were you ponies stargazing, too?" Confidence suddenly kindling inside her at the thought that the group of ponies might share something in common with her, she added, "I-I have some food, with me, if any of you are hungry..." Not a one of them seemed to have anything to eat, after all.

Well this is the most interesting daydream I've ever had… Those were his last thoughts as he was pulled downward into the crack. He had been pulled into a world of darkness. He fell for what seemed like an eternity. He felt his mind drifting between unconsciousness and consciousness. His senses became dull and then completely useless. Finally, he drifted into an unfulfilling sleep…

He was a heavy sleeper. The noise that the others made as they fumbled about had no effect on him. It took the sound of a nearby scream to finally wake him up. Even then, he stubbornly resisted opening his eyes. This is supposed to be the weekend. I am going to sleep late no matter what is going on. There is no force on this Earth that will compel me to… His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden realization that the surface that he was lying on was moist and that he could feel the warmth of the sun.

Startled, his eyes shot open and he attempted to jump to his feet. His attempt to stand failed miserably; he fell back down into the grass as quickly as he had attempted to rise. His attempt to see the world around him had also failed, or so he thought. Before he shut them, his eyes had taken in a scene that was shockingly surreal. He was in a grassy field surrounded by various multicolored horse-like creatures.

Maybe I'm still dreaming… Of course I am. Multicolored horses? There is zero probability that any of this is real. So, I must be dreaming. If this is a dream, though, then why did I feel pain when I fell? Perhaps I'm still sleeping, and the pain that I felt was the pain of falling out of bed. That would certainly explain that. And the moisture… Probably the cat making a mess again. And the warmth of the sunlight… The sensation of the wind blowing through my hair… Wait…

Inhaling deeply, he cleared his mind of any thoughts and focused on the feeling of being startled. In his mind, he visualized a file cabinet. On the ground, there was a folder marked “startled”; it must have fallen out of the cabinet. One of the cabinet drawers creaked open, and he scanned over the contents. The files were in alphabetical order. Sanguine, scared, surprised… The misplaced folder must go in here. He picked it up and put it back in. That's much better.

With an expressionless face, he slowly opened his eyes again and, this time, directed his vision towards himself. Fur, hooves, a tail - he was a multicolored horse just like the others. His coat was a bluish gray, his tail was blue. Taking a few moments to fully absorb this, he then noticed a large percent sign on his flank. Well, that's completely useless, where's the rest of the calculator?

I can feel wind blowing through this fur… There is only one possible conclusion. This isn't a dream. It is reality. I am here in a world of sunlight, grass, and multicolored horses. I am a multicolored horse. Seems legit.

The realization that he wasn't dreaming had no effect on his state of mind. He could still feel a slight sense of irritation at being awakened. Other than that, his feelings were a completely blank canvas. His heart rate felt stable. His breathing was regular. He was calm - almost serenely so. In the back of his mind, he realized that perhaps some degree of panic was warranted by the circumstances. Maybe later. First, I need more data.

Thinking about his current predicament, he realized that his earlier attempt to stand had probably failed because he was unfamiliar with this strange new form. Well, that and the fact that he had tried to stand on two legs as though he were human. Mobility would be nice to have right now. With that thought in mind, he rolled to his side and began to systematically move each leg.

At first, he moved his legs one by one. Then, he started moving them in pairs - both front legs together, then both back legs, now the sides. After a few moments of wiggling awkwardly, he began to get something of a grasp on how this strange new body functioned. Feeling confident with his progress, he rolled off of his side and slowly, tediously stood up. Well, that took some doing. Now what?

With great care, he began to walk forward. With each step, he tried to think about everything he had observed about the motions of four-legged creatures in the past. Walking in a tight circle, he focused on achieving some degree of stability. While his movements were slow and awkward and he stumbled several times, he did not fall. Progress. There's nothing like making progress. Now, what is going on here…

Finally deciding to re-examine the world around him, he looked up from the ground and studied his surroundings. Once again, he saw the others. Realizing that they were too small to be actual horses, he decided to call them ponies instead. Some of them had a single horn, some of them had wings, some of them were just plain, ordinary ponies. Out of curiosity, he raised a hoof to his own head and checked for a horn. Well, darn.

Some of the other ponies were talking. He found that comforting, because it meant that he could probably talk as well. For now though, he decided to just watch without engaging. He needed to understand the other ponies - their personalities, their quirks, and anything else relating to their behavior. Right now, he knew nothing about them except that many of them seem to be quite panicked.

I wish that I could comfort them. Obviously, they are alive, so panic would be premature at this point. I should keep my distance though. Panic is a dangerous emotion. It's highly contagious. If there were only one of them, then I wouldn't hesitate. But, so many... I need to keep my distance...

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 5

Serah surveyed all of the various pony breeds as they awoke; most followed a pattern of talking to themselves in panic, followed by an attempt to make acquaintances with one another. Something in Serah's eyes must have warned off any potential greetings, because the only pony to even begin to approach her quickly backed off.

Serah listened in some of the conversations, and concluded that none of the ponies who'd awoken in the field were aware of what had happened to them. However, one pony's words which were only half-heard stuck out to her.

"Um...hello," she said uncertainly as she approached the group. "W-were you ponies stargazing, too?" Confidence suddenly kindling inside her at the thought that the group of ponies might share something in common with her, she added, "I-I have some food, with me, if any of you are hungry..."

“Doesn't seem surprised. Which either means she's used to the effects of the drug, or didn't take it but knows of it's effects.” Serah surmised. “Time for answers.”

Serah reared back on her hind legs and managed some semblance of normal human posture. She took a few shaky towards the white pony and narrowed her eyes.

“Who are you, and where are we?” she asked in a low growl, body language tense and ready to strike.

As he had been greeted with silence after trying to say hello to the pony that first greeted him, the lime-green pony shook his head. As he looked back to the sky again, he began to wonder where he really was. Looking back to the group around him again, he noticed another pony was awake amidst the group: a unicorn with a red-and-yellow mane and tail. But the words he heard her say had confused him.

"Um...hello," she said uncertainly as she approached the group. "W-were you ponies stargazing, too?" Confidence suddenly kindling inside her at the thought that the group of ponies might share something in common with her, she added, "I-I have some food, with me, if any of you are hungry..."

*Stargazing...?* he thought to himself, looking at this pony in front of him. *If this pony was out here stargazing, then this must mean she lives here... Meaning...* He then shook his head as he cleared his thoughts upon seeing one of the already-awake ponies approaching her. The pony that approached and asked "Who are you, and where are we?" kind of intimidated him with how she sounded. *Not the best way to greet someone...* he thought, trying his best to approach the pony whom he thought lived in this location. Once he was a little closer, he looked to the red pony and said, "Um, I don't think that's a nice way to greet another... Especially after they woke up..." Looking over to the new pony, he added, "Sorry about that, um... Anyways, you said you were out here, stargazing?"

It was still very early in the morning, and Jim... No..., Jim won't work anymore. Not only am I no longer human, but I'm no longer even male... I'll have to at the very least figure out something else to go by until this is either reverted, or I find out that it's a permanent change. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter of the two, she thought to herself looking around to figure out exactly where she was. All she knew was that she had only been awake for about an hour now and that nothing had been answered. She had no idea where she was other than the fact that it was very obviously Equestria. She had fallen in love with the show enough back home to know this look anywhere, but she didn't know exactly where she was. That being said she had absolutely no way of knowing where the nears village or city was to go towards.

She was however able to spot a small pond nearby and went to look in it. Upon seeing the reflection, it confirmed the fact that she was indeed a unicorn, but she had no idea what her magic was supposed to do, and from what she had read about magic back at home, mis-using magic could be deadly and being dead wasn't something that interested her at the moment. In fact, being dead was on the very bottom of the list of things she wanted to be, and hoped that it would stay there indefinitely. She realized something though! If she truly was in Equestria, that meant that she would have a cutie mark! If she had a Cutie Mark, then she would have at least an idea of what her abilities were! She stood broad-side to the pond and she saw two crystal-like shards in what looked to be in a white mound. She wasn't sure exactly what it meant, but she decided to at least give something a try. Her power was either crystallization, gems, or ice.

She decided to test her abilities according to the alphabetic correspondence, or at least from the alphabet that she knew. She didn't know if Equestria used the same alphabet that she did, but hey, it was literally the only reference she actually had at this point. Finding a nearby flower, she decided to try to cast some crystallization magic on it only to be met with no response. Her horn wouldn't even glow. Next she tried a gem, and nothing. She knew that at the very least if there were gems near by she should be able to find them with that type of magic. After all, she had watched Rarity do the exact same thing in the show. She finally gave the ice magic a try, and a small bean flew from her horn and turned the rose into an ice rose. Examining her work she smiled, and that's when the idea for what she could be called came to her head. I know!!! I can manipulate ice.. and from what I know about the show, the name of a pony generally refers to what they are capable of doing. I have kind of a fiery personality for the most part and I control Ice... And since Scalding Ice doesn't sound like anything I'd want to be associated with, the fiery side would have to be my last name... she thought to herself walking away from the pond.

She looked up and decided to just pick a direction and go. She'd reach a city, a village, or something as long as she kept going. AS she walked she continued trying to think of what she could be called. She already loved the name Ice, and she knew that was going to stay. In fact, if somepony were to mention the word Ice around her at this point, she'd likely respond. Oh, storms can sometimes be fiery. They can be fun to look at and sometimes cause fires... she though letting her mind ponder the thought for a moment. "Okay, Ice Storm it is then," she said with a bout of confidence. Off in the distance, she spotted a group of ponies off not too far ahead. Most of them appeared to have just been waking up as well.

Hey! Maybe they know what's going on and how we got here. Well... to be honest, I don't really care how we got here... I'm already kinda liking it here. It's way better than it was back at home. Being a girl will take some getting used to though...she gigged as she thought to herself. She began to approach the others and she over hear bits and pieces of conversation as well as somepony saying that they had food, and another pony mentioning a crack. "Oh, you ponies saw that crack as well?" she asked wondering if maybe it had been the cause. "Oh well, this is actually a relief for me. I mean, who would have thought that something so dark an Mysterious would have dropped us all in Equestria. That being said though.... I have no idea where in Equestria we are. So that could pose issues if anypony else doesn't know either. I must ask though.... before I touched the crack in the ground in the United States, I was a guy... Did anypony else suffer a Gender-swap after touching it?" she asked still confused as to how or even why it happened.

After stepping back from the red one, the blue pony wondered how did she ended up here, she paused to retrace her steps, however it wasn't very easy due to her transformation, then moments later she remembered seeing a crack, but her mind wasn't clear on that. It seemed clear that her transformation must have reverted her memories, and probably because of the fact that she had went through some dimension or realm, it allowed her to retain some memories.

The next thing the she thought of was the only clear memory she had, it's when she liked to look up at the night sky and stargaze. Then it reminded her about the mark on her legs, or better yet, her flank, she thought the mark looked familiar, and so she tried desperately to remember what it was, but to no avail she couldn't remember it's name.

And now she checked her surroundings, where she saw a couple of other ponies awakening from their slumber on the wet grass. Most of the other ponies had odd and flamboyant colors, and she herself was blue, she thought that their colors, along with the marks on their flanks had to do with their personalities, since the red one seemed mean and frightening, "But what would the tan pony be like?" She thought. "I've never thought of a personality that's associated with that color, hmm, maybe their colors aren't based on personality, but then, what are they based on?"

She took another look at the ponies around her, she thought it was odd to see a muscular one with what appears to be a fedora hat on, and the tan one had glasses with what appears to be a flower on it's hair, more like mane. "What world is this?".

Then came a white unicorn that greeted them :

"How should I respond to that? I mean hey, I guess it's someone that could help us, err.. so why not? I, no, we should accept the offer," The little pegasus thought, "Um.....food? Well...that would be nice," She said, hoping the others would agree with her.

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

He had always been a heavy sleeper. While the rest of the group woke up and began to intermingle with each other, he continued to snooze on, oblivious to every single thing around him. In his mind, he was dreaming - of what, he couldn't say. All he saw in his dream were random blurbs, images that made little sense. A theater, indecipherable shapes on stage, a large group of...things heading towards him, and the distinct feeling throughout that he didn't belong wherever he currently was. Now normally somebody might be freaked out somewhere in their subconscious by dreams like this, and possibly make things worse, but weirdness like this had happened enough that he did not even react at all when he saw brief flashes of himself.

Of course, nobody can sleep forever. Eventually you gotta wake up; in this case, the heat of the sun and the noise of voices finally got through his thick skull and made him wake up. Groggily, he yawned and stretched, keeping his eyes closed and noticing nothing unusual. It was when he tried to get out of his bed that he realized that, well, he wasn't in his bed. He was instead - as he noticed when he opened his eyes and looked - in the middle of a grassy meadow, and all around him were...ponies. And also it was them that was talking, and not simply people from whatever show his dad would have been watching.

Blinking his eyes in complete and utter surprise, he tried to stand up on his legs - and then immediately fell down again with a soft oof. Grumbling about the minor pain he just experienced, he tried to stand up again, and once again he fell down. Finally realizing something was wrong, he extended his arm in front of him to push himself up this time and finally saw that instead of having a hand, he had a pale blue hoof, and a blue leg attached to it. Blinking just once, he muttered to himself "Wonder how I didn't notice that before..."

Being more savvy than some of the ponies before, he positioned himself a little bit better this time and - assuming that his entire body was now a pony and not just his arm - he stood on all 4 of his legs. After a moment of wobbling, he managed to regain his balance and stood firmly in place. Looking around again, he noticed that the ponies weren't all the same: some were actually unicorns, horns sprouting straight out of their head, while others were pegasi with rather pretty-looking wings, and still others had neither and thus were just regular 'ole ponies. Unicorns seemed to have made up most of them, surprisingly enough - he would have expected that something as plain as a normal pony would be the most common. Wondering which type he was, he felt his head tentatively and managed to find a horn relatively quickly.

"So I'm a unicorn, eh? Not everyday that I manage to fit in a crowd so easily," he said to himself. "I wonder if this is all a dream ... No, it's too realistic for my mind to come up with. This has to somehow be real."

@,

At this point, he heard an extremely familiar voice. It stuttered, and sounded so similar to her that he actually blinked in surprise. When he heard about a crack and a dumpster, memories started to rush back to him: getting lost in a large mall on a date ... finding the dumpster, and seeing a glowing crack on it ... following her into the crack despite his mind screaming now, not wanting to leave her alone ... and then a feeling of absolutely nothing.

Oh, it definitely was her alright.

Walking as fast as he could towards the source of the voice - a short, tan, obviously female pony with red streaks through her tail and mane. Approaching her tentatively, he asked "Is...is it really you?"

Edited by Skyman
  • Brohoof 6

There were so many stimuli to take in now. All of the equines had awakened, and at least two or three had entered the scene anew. From a rather flamboyantly colored one, she had heard the phrase "everypony." It sounded... somewhat hackneyed and ridiculous, and made her cringe. This terminology was the type she would refuse to use. Like something out of a silly kids' show. But it did reveal to her what they were. Apparently, they were ponies. But weren't ponies baby horses? She didn't feel childish... most of them, though having features that could be construed as cute and childish, seemed to have the voices of adults. Especially fedora pony over there. He was possibly the most manly of the bunch...

Or so she thought.

@,

Before she could contemplate picking out a familiar voice from the crowd, she heard another one immediately approaching her. The unicorn gasped in shock as she saw him. Or what appeared to be him. She turned away from the fedora pony momentarily, her face blushing in an immensely crimson manner. He... he would see her in such a state! She didn't want him to see her like this. What if she looked ugly?

Yet she couldn't help but stare at him, because the realization had dawned upon her.

He was a blue unicorn with a freaking mustache.

Why did a unicorn even have a mustache? How was this necessary for a horse? Were they not covered in fur? It was just so ridiculously improbable that it broke her mind for a second, as she tried to restrain the nervous giggles from coming out of her. Even if it sounded just like him, and appeared a lot like him as well, (she noted that he retained his tall and lanky proportions, and was still quite slim. Somehow, she felt even smaller to him as she was now) there could have been the possibility that it wasn't him. And she didn't want to be rude. Even though she was mostly certain because he had asked if it was really her. That and only he would be the only pony with a mustache and a goddamn beard. It was so silly that she could picture no other.

"Um... well... I think it's me," She stared down at the ground in a rather bashful manner, but forced herself for a moment to gaze into his eyes... his glorious blue eyes. Yes. Yes, it was him. She could feel it. Even in their transformation, nobody had eyes like those.

"It's... it's you too, isn't it? You... you... you're... J... j...? ...Mustachio?" The mare's face suddenly dropped as she realized that she could not even remember her love's name! And she couldn't remember her own name either. But it wasn't something she wanted to admit, so she tried to pass it off as a joke, despite her anxiety being evident.

@,

"S-sorry to be rude," she responded for a moment to the fedora pony. "It's just that I know this guy. He's... the one who went with me thr-through the crack." It was evident: she was attempting to use the fedora pony as a distraction from the fact that she could remember no names. Gah! What was the matter with her? It was just so shameful that her expression had betrayed her high amount of distress. It seemed this pony was quite bad at hiding her feelings.

• Brohoof 4

As Electrobolt sat there, he looked over to the pony that had originally greeted them, the one whom let the term everybody slip before changing to everypony, and gulped slightly. He had originally spoken with that pony first, and then ditched her a little later to speak with this new pony. *What a fine mess I put myself in...* he thought to himself, cursing at himself in his mind for doing this. Looking back to the second pony he spoke to, he sighed. Finally, he said, "Um, I'm sorry to leave you for now, but I... Kinda spoke with her first, and I don't really want to leave her alone... Again, I'm sorry..." He bowed apologetically to the red-yellow maned and tailed pony as he returned to the pink-and-purple pony he had originally spoken to. Bowing apologetically to her too, he said, "I'm sorry about that... I really am..." His eyes were closed as his face remained face-down, truly sorry for leaving when he had initially responded to her. He felt like hitting himself for making such a goof-up as he thought, *Why did I even do that in the first place...?*

Tich felt rather uneasy falling on deaf ear with the other ponies, she noticed a bluish grey pony staring at the whole conversation unfolding. She thought to go greet him instead

@,

She skipped over towards the pony plopped herself down next to it and gave a gentle poke at him. "I see you are made of real stuff at least." she whispered to him. "You looked like you weren't all panicky and whatever you call these things flaily when you woke up" she said while waving her hooves in the same fashion. "I have no idea what is going on or anything, but that new horse over there suggest we all seem to be ponies, but I don't recall seeing any purple or blue ponies ever. Well... that might be dumb of me as I hardly remember much of anything anymore or how I got here." she ranted. "Maybe I crashed down considering I am wearing goggles and have wings." she flopped around the goggles around her nick slightly. " Maybe I crashed down into all of you. I am so sorry..." she looked at the pony giving an innocent smile.

• Brohoof 1

After the stallion with the fedora asked what was going on, another horse creature appeared, a pink unicorn, and referred to them all as 'everypony', leading him to the realization that they were all ponies of different varieties. Apart from this one pink pony, everyone else nearby seemed to be equally confused about the situation, and not a one of them seemed to be able to walk like a horse without looking almost as foolish as he did with his Fedora.

The others seem to have mentioned seeing a glowing crack, much like the one he saw before this strange hallucination began. Could it be that they had all been brought to a new world, and transformed into ponies by straying into close proximity with these cracks? 'No, that's ridiculous. This certainly isn't real, and I'm without a doubt not actually some silly pegasus pony... Though, I have to admit, having wings is pretty awesome'.

@,

The tan pony with the red and brown mane was distracted from his question by a rather tall, skinny, mustached stallion, what a horse was doing with a mustache was beyond his knowledge. She seemed to know this stallion by the name of 'Mustachio'. Once finished with him, she turned to apologize for being rude, The fedora pony stood there for a second looking confused, a bit dizzy, likely from the results of whatever chemicals he ingested from that crack, and without any careful thought replied to the mare.

"Don't bother saying you're sorry. It's not like I care, considering I'm either dreaming or hallucinating. Maybe even dead, and this is apparently heaven."

He took another look around him, spotting all sorts of bright colored ponies. Pink, blue, violet, red, green. It's as if a maniacal scientist had taken all the colors from a rainbow, and sliced them with a pony shaped cookie cutter, giving them life with some sort of Frankenstein-like science experiment. Further enhancing the idea that he was simply having the strangest, and most vivid, dream he had ever had.

"Though I don't think heaven would be filled with such crazy colored pony things! Anyways, my name is..."

Attempting to muster up all the memory in his banks, nothing came to his mind. He had forgotten his name. He brought his hoof up to his chin, in a very inquisitive fashion, using all the brain power he had to try and remember his name, but try as he might, he failed to extract that simple piece of information. How could such a grand mountain of ignorance suddenly commandeered his brain in such a way that he could forget even his own name.

"I can't remember! Goddamnit..."

As he spoke, he grew furious with himself for neglecting to recall his own name, and thrust his hoof back into the ground, striking a rock amongst the grass. The two solid masses collided with great force, releasing the most glorious, yet simple, sound he had ever heard; a mere 'Clop' sound, that which you plainly hear as a horses hooves contact the surface as it gallops along on it's way to wherever it may be going. This gave the pony with a fedora a brilliant, yet extremely nuts and silly, thought.

"Clop! My name is clop. That's uh... Spelled with a K and two Ps. Gotta be original, right? So, what's your name?"

• Brohoof 5

He continued to silently observe the other ponies. He took a quick count - 3 winged ponies, 8 ponies with horns, and 3 ordinary ponies. Based on voice differences and differences in size, he reasoned that some of the ponies were male and some of them female. This is rather reassuring. As weird as it may seem, this place has a certain normalcy to it.

Whatever happened to me, the same thing or a similar thing probably happened to everyone here. While there no longer seemed to be a general air of panic, all of the ponies were still in various states of confusion. A red pony postured aggressively. A light blue pony mentioned something about a “gender swap”. Well, that must certainly be an awkward feeling. As he thought about the blue pony's predicament, he chuckled softly.

Off to his right side and not very far away, he noticed a group of ponies that seemed to be having some type of coherent conversation. He didn't notice what they were saying though. He was too distracted by the realization that one of them had facial hair and the other was wearing a fedora. He chuckled again and he continued chuckling quietly as his thoughts wandered into silliness.

So, ponies can have facial hair. That's hilarious! They can also wear hats. That's pretty awesome. I wonder what percentage of the population actually has facial hair. I wonder how that pegasus managed to acquire a fedora. It's a shame that the pony with the fedora doesn't have any facial hair. That would be…

@

He was jarred out of his thoughts by a sudden sensation. Something had poked him. He blinked once, very slowly, and then turned his head to see who or what had interrupted him. He saw a purple pony, a female pegasus with a blue mane and tail. Without warning or hesitation, she began pouring out a stream of words. Caught completely offguard, he absentmindedly responded to her dialogue.

“Yes I am real.” he said. “No I'm not panicked.” he said. “Indeed, we are ponies and no I haven't seen any other purple ones.” he said as his smile faded and his head began to swim with confusion. “Wait, wait, wait, wait that doesn't make any sense at all.” he took a deep breath as he shook his head and restored his smile. Finally, something made sense… Or, rather, didn't make any sense.

“If you had hit the ground with enough force to confuse more than a dozen ponies, then you would probably be injured and there would most likely be some sign of an impact. Instead, you don't even have a single scratch on you and the grass in this area is pristine. You have no need to apologize because, from what I can tell, none of this is your fault. Anyway, my name is…” He couldn't remember his name, so after spending a moment in thought, he reached for the first word that came to mind. “Numbers. My name is Numbers.”

• Brohoof 3