Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Shifted: The Remake

Arylett Charnoa

@@Aureity, @@Ice Storm

Blinking and staring into space, Nicolas shook his head, finally realizing quite belated that some of the other ponies had been talking to him. Looking over to the white unicorn, now sitting in the grass, he decided that perhaps it would be best to answer questions so that he could start asking his own. He also took note of a light-blue unicorn nearby who had also addressed him. How could he answer them both and get straight to the point?

"The roll didn't hurt too much, but I'm not fine," Nicolas' expression became one of utter perplexity as he continued speaking, "I'm a pony! How can I be fine! I can't even walk! Did you see me rolling, there? That was intentional; my only useful form of locomotion at the moment as every time I try to take a damned step, I fall over!" His tone became more and more exasperated as he spoke, his mind undergoing what seemed to be a bit of a breakdown.

"To add to that, I don't remember who I am! I know I had a life before this, and not as a horse, but I don't know who I am! So, please, for the love of all that is good in whatever twisted world this might be, tell me that one of you know what is going on here!" Nicolas' head was hanging relatively low to the ground as he began to huff a bit, short of breath from having spouted out his rant in a matter of moments. Straightening his posture up as best he could, he cleared his throat amidst his heavy breaths.

Speaking more slowly and calmly this time, taking care to enunciate in case they didn't understand him before, or perhaps he might have come off as rude, he summarized. "I don't know why I'm a pony. I wasn't one before. I can't remember my name. Do either of you know what's going on? Please say you can help me, and if you can't, please direct me to someone who can." Tilting his head slightly, he anxiously awaited replies, on the off chance that perhaps one of them could offer him some sort of insight on this dreadfully confusing situation.

@,

Jack feigned a tiny bit embarrassed at the mention of his terrible memory, but quickly replaced it with a grin of his own. "Well, at least it didn't strike this time! At least, I don't think it did..." He sat and thought for a second, before saying "...Wait, I'm trying to think of whether or not I forgot something. That's...kinda silly, now that I think about it, since if I think about it then that means I didn't forget about it, and if I don't think about it then I won't know I forgot it." Once again, he was rambling about something completely and utterly silly without even realizing it. Some things just don't change.

Artsy coming up with her last name managed to stop his rambling before it could go on, and the kiss especially made him pay attention and blush a tiny bit. Kissing her back, he said "You're welcome, sweety. I'm glad I could...well, help you rename yourself, as silly as that seems."

@,

At this point, Jack heard Klopp's...rant? Sob story rant? Jack didn't really know what to call it; all he knew was that he had literally no response to Klopp's sudden outburst. Klopp suddenly launching to just a couple of feet in front of Jack and Artsy managed to shock him even more, to the point where Jall that Jack could say was "Ah, well...um...Well, uh..." About all that Jack could do really was gently pick up Klopp's fallen fedora with his teeth and put it back on Klopp's head , before awkwardly stepping back and saying nothing else.

Edited by Skyman

Bowing apologetically to her too, [Electrobolt] said, "I'm sorry about that... I really am..." His eyes were closed as his face remained face-down, truly sorry for leaving when he had initially responded to her.

"Oh don't worry!" Magenta said warmly. "I've just been watching everyone. I always liked people-watching, but that's beside the point. Come to think of it, what's happening here is a lot like what I went through a few days ago--" Before she could finish her sentence, a small, yellow pony began to cry uncontrollably.

"If I am here now, and not with my family... I may never see them again." As if something inside of [serene] went faulty, the tears within her eyes began to fall like a storm in the rainforest, causing her face to become quickly soaked. The ponies in front of her began to grow hazy as she cried about her missing home, the pain in her heart almost unbearable. So painful, in fact, that she screamed out of frustration as she hit her hoof on the ground.

The little one's cries of desperation pierced Magenta's heart like a knife. Turning to the green one, she waved her hoof in the direction of the distressed pony. "Come on, we've gotta help her!" Visibly more natural in her movements than any of the others (save the stargazer), Magenta trotted over to the crying one and put her arm around her back.

"There there, it'll be all right!" Tears of this magnitude were contagious and Magenta had to fight to keep her own eyes from opening the flood gates. "Don't worry, we're all here for you! I think I know what you're--" But again, she was interrupted by another pony, a clumsy one who had apparently forgotten where his wings were, and with painful consequences. That's gotta hurt... Magenta flinched as she watched the spectacle unfold:

The manly pony in the fedora rolled back onto his side, staring off into the distance as everything begins to blur from the tears welling up in his eyes. Just deciding it was best not to hold back, [Klopp] just started bawling and let the tears come flowing out of his eye sockets like a waterfall during a season with heavy rain.

"See? I'm WORTHLESS as a pony! What good am I if I can't even move without having major problems and WHY MUST THIS WING HURT SO MUCH! Someone please just fix everything! Make it stop, I don't want to be a stupid pegasus!"

Magenta sighed as there was suddenly another crying pony, although this one appeared to have broken down after attempting to maintain a false image of bravery. "Oh come on, there's only one of me here!" She shouted out of annoyance. An irritated desperation was evident in her voice. Magenta was happy to see Starry Sky attempt to take care of the situation, but things were quickly spiraling out of control... Then she heard another ask the question she had been waiting for:

"I don't know why I'm a pony. I wasn't one before. I can't remember my name. Do either of you know what's going on? Please say you can help me, and if you can't, please direct me to someone who can." Tilting his head slightly, [Nicolas] anxiously awaited replies, on the off chance that perhaps one of them could offer him some sort of insight on this dreadfully confusing situation.

Magenta had seen more than enough to piece everything together. Suddenly tying everything together in a revelation, she had to tell everyone. Unable to wait for Artsy or Jack's reponses, she had to get everyone's attention. Thinking quickly, she pulled her keyboard out of the magic satchel and channeled a bit of unicorn energy through it. Slamming her hooves down on the keys, the instrument made a shrill set of noises that would have woken the dead.

"Enough of this!" Magenta shouted loudly, addressing everyone. She had seen more than enough to piece everything together. "Don't you all know what's going on by now?" She was happy to have been brought to Equestria early and experienced all this on her own. "It's quite obvious we are all humans... or at least we were. Until those cracks in the ground brought us here. We've all had a bit of memory loss, and most of us don't remember our names. But we are here, and this is real."

Magenta thought for a bit. She knew that while she was perfectly happy in this magical land of fantasy, many of them would want to return to the world they came from, but she knew little more than everyone else here did. Then she remembered something.

"I don't know where we should go from here, but there is someone who knows a lot more than I do. What's her name?..." Magenta racked her brain for a moment, then realized the nearby white pony with the fiery mane was the only one who seemed to be a genuine local.

@@Aureity

Magenta turned to face the one with the food, a tone of hope in her voice now. "What's the Princess' name? She'd know all about this, wouldn't she?"

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 1

The young colt looked up slightly, smiling when he heard that this pony said it was alright. Though what she had said though confused him. *Did she say she went through something like this a few days ago...?* he thought in his mind before hearing her calling for him to follow. Seeing that she was trying to comfort the crying pony, he nodded and tried following the pony, instead tripping over his own hooves. "Ugh, still not used to this..." he muttered to himself, slowly pushing himself back up.

After getting up, he noticed she wasn't with the first pony, but instead another pony who was also crying. As he began to approach the winged pony that is wearing a rather nice-looking fedora, he noticed another pony was also comforting him. Although two ponies were there, comforting the fedora pony, he thought he should try and help comfort him too. As he was doing his best to approach fedora pony, the purple-pink pony then began to say something.

"Enough of this!" Magenta shouted loudly, addressing everyone. She had seen more than enough to piece everything together. "Don't you all know what's going on by now?" She was happy to have been brought to Equestria early and experienced all this on her own. "It's quite obvious we are all humans... or at least we were. Until those cracks in the ground brought us here. We've all had a bit of memory loss, and most of us don't remember our names. But we are here, and this is real."

Just hearing this halted him in his tracks as his eyes were opened wide. His mind flashed back to the moment when he fell into the bright crack in the ground and a small memory of some interesting machines, one of which had a screen which showed some interesting things on it at times. Shaking his head to return to reality - or rather, the reality they are in right now - he looked back to the pony who had said these words and overheard her asking the pony he had previously seen if she knew the name of some princess or something like that. It was at those words that he looked down to the ground, in a semi-daze of sorts.

*Name...? My name is... Wait... Why can't I remember my name?* He shook his head, hoping it would help jog his memory a little to recall his name. But unfortunately, nothing appeared in his mind. *Come on, think... Until you remember your real name, what can you use for the time being...?* As he closed his eyes to think of what name he could use, an image popped in his head again. It was that same strange machine with the screen, and on it was but a single word: Electrobolt. As he opened his eyes, the word stuck and would not go away. *Electrobolt... Strange thing to have for a name, but... It also feels right to me... Maybe I could use that for a name...*

Edited by Electrobolt

@@Nico, @@Aureity,

Ice listened as Aurora told her that the commotion wasn't too much and that she was fine from it for the most part before watching her turn her attention to the pony that had taken the fall, seemingly also concerned about his well being. Ice too waited for a response from him. She wanted to make sure that everypony was as okay as they could be given the situation. It still puzzled her why most of the ponies here didn't like the change, but then again it could easily be too much for some people to cope with. For those that had nothing to lose like her, this was an easy fix to the troubles that had plagued her and she could be rid of the grief of her past.

She listed to the male speak as he explained that he wasn't hurt but he was not fine. That his fall was intentional because he couldn't even walk at the moment. That his only form of locomotion was him rolling to get to where he needed to go. It saddened her and she wanted to help. At this point though she wasn't sure if that was such a good idea. He seemed to be very agitated about the fact that he was a pony now and tha he wasn't a pony before. He said that he couldn't remember anything about who he was, but he knew that he wasn't a pony and wanted to know what was going on.

"Well, a good portion of my memory is okay. I'm not really sure of a few things myself, but for the most part, I was attracted to some sore of green, glowing crack in the ground and when I waved my hand through it I fell unconscious and woke up here. I too was a human back where we came from, and oddly enough I wasn't female. I'm not sure what caused that little switch, but as for now it's just one more thing to get used to," she acknowledged before continuing. "As far as where we are at, isn't it obvious? The trees, the surroundings, the colors, the sun, We're in Equestria, though I have no Idea what time period or even where to be exact, but I can recognize this place any day of the week," she explained.

"I don't really know why though, nor am I really concerned. The reasons for everything will show themselves eventually, and right now, I'd rather just take things as they go. There's nothing we can really do about it right now anyway so getting all angry and huffy about it isn't going to do anypony any good. If you would like, I can work with you so that you don't have to risk injuring yourself every time you want to go somewhere," she smiled to him turning back to Aurora. "You either seem to have been here a little bit longer than I have or you are a pony that is from here. Either way, do you happen to have any idea of where we are? I don't recognize anything in the area to give me any bearings," she admitted hoping that she would be able to help.

She then heard another pony shouting from just a bit away that said pretty much the same thing that she had. Except she seemed to have a bit more knowledge on the area as well. She then asked what the princess's name was. What was the princess's name come to think of it... she thought to herself as she looked towards her. "Well, as I was telling them, I have no idea where exactly we are..., but I do remember some vague bits about the setting. unfortunately I don't remember a lot of names, but I remember some place.... ummm... Cantalope... Canta.... IT was Canta something! It was supposed to be a place of importance, perhaps if we went there we could find some answers?" she suggested

Edited by Ice Storm

@, @,

Artsy blushed a little at Jack's kiss, being unable to comprehend his odd ramble. It all sounded like a similar mishmash to her. She was about to shake her head and engage him with a little more playful flirtation, when she noticed that Klopp had suddenly gone into some sort of mass mental breakdown. It was so out of nowhere that she was startled, and like Jack, was not sure how to react. She barely knew this guy, though she understood his sorrow.

@,

Most of her thoughts about his predicament were within her mind. How could he expect to suddenly become proficient in a new body? He was only worthless now because it was a few seconds that he had become a pony. She was at least about to attempt to explain this, when one of several interruptions occurred. Another blue pegasus with a violeted and ivory mane had entered the scene and attempted to comfort him with what she felt was a rather ham-fisted and misguided attempt. The mare knashed her teeth in irateness. Interruptions were always irritations, especially of this nature. She rather disliked it when people entered a conversation uninvited.

Though she attempted to ignore the interruption, there was another that was much louder and much more rude. Yet... she felt it was the best way to end the madness. It was an interruption that was warranted and one that she felt grateful for.

@,

She gazed to the flamboyantly colored unicorn and was fascinated by her horn emanating some sort of glowing energy. Was this... a magic of sorts? Was it something that ponies could utilize? This situation was suddenly starting to become rather exciting to Artsy. Magic... and being on four legs. She had always fantasized of the thought of being quadrupedial and magical, even if she wasn't quite what she wanted to be.

Her mind did not have time to contemplate such things, however. She had watched the unicorn with rapt attention, and nodded her head in agreement. It had confirmed that most of everyone was in the same boat. They were all humans... and perhaps... this was re-

She wasn't ready to quite accept that yet.

"She's right," Artsy said somewhat softly to no one in particular. "If we panic, no-nothing will be accomplished. Klopp, it... it isn't your fault. You don't know how to maneuver... yo-your body. But we can learn... and we can find this... person... as she has suggested." The tan unicorn turned her head to face Jack. "Is... isn't that right? Do you think this is the right course of action? Don't you think... I'm right?"

• Brohoof 1

Day let out a sigh of relief as the pony that was causing trouble had just simply walked off. He was glad that nothing bad had happened and that no one looked injured, because he thought that they didn't need any major problems this early on from just meeting each other.

He turned to look at Klopp and the other two unicorns that he had a feeling that were more then just friends. He saw the the tanned female unicorn playfully slap the male and then call him "Jack Stache". This only further made Day think that there was something going on between those two and then wonder why she would give him such a name. Day then noticed that Jack actuality had a mustache and beard. "How peculiar" Day pondered, It was strange enough for ponies to be colourful but some also have facial hair? "This is indeed a strange world, where things are similar yet different to ours" he thought. Day wondered what other similarities there might be between the two worlds.

Lost in thought, Day was interrupted when he heard a second voice join in the laughter. He looked to see the female Pegasus that was sitting next to the gray male pony had also burst out into laughter herself. "What a strange pair" Day thought to himself. He then frowned because he couldn't concentrate with all the laughter going on so he looked around to see what else was going on, and noticed that Klopp had also started acting strangely.

Klopp had attempted to stand on his back two legs, which ended up with him falling on his wing to only jump back up again crying in pain, before curling up on the ground in a awkward position. Day made a note to himself to never try never try to stand up on two legs because he was worried that he would only just make a fool of himself as Klopp just did.

"EEEEKK!"

Day then heard another voice screech out in fear as he turned to see a light blue female Pegasus fall a few feet and crash into the ground. "He must of been trying to fly" Day thought, and was glad he didn't have wings because of the hassle that comes with them.

Turning back to look at Jack, Day heard him call the tanned female unicorn "Artsy", to which she pondered with and then added "Dreamscapes" before giving him a peck on the cheek. Watching Jack return the kiss, there was no doubt in Day's mind now that they were defiantly a couple.

Jack then turned to Klopp and offered him help to get up. Day could hear from his voice though that he was trying to hold something back. "Probably laughter" Day thought, as he couldn't help chuckling a bit to himself as he though back to Klopp's embarrassing performance.

Klopp then replied to Jack, but sounded rather anxious as he continued to speak faster as he went on. He then turned on his side and began to bawl his eyes out. Day then felt sorry for Klopp and all that he must have been though and even felt ashamed at himself for chuckling to himself earlier.

"I just don't know what to do! I don't care what my life used to be, I just want to go back to whatever I was before that dumb crack! How can I live like this!? HOW!? I'm like a baby! I can't even walk, I probably can't even crawl! See?! Watch!

Day then watched Klopp embarrass himself a second time by trying to simply crawl though the grass, but somehow ended up flying though the air and flip twice before landing face first almost exactly where he took off from. Day would have normally seen this as being funny but he just couldn't bear to laugh at Klopp seeing at the state he was in.

Day considered going over to help Klopp but noticed that the same light blue female Pegasus he saw before try and fail to fly walk over to comfort Klopp. "She's probably more suited to do it anyway" Day thought with an upset look on his face. He wondered if he'd ever be useful for anything, as he looked down and shuffled his hoof around in the dirt.

Magenta had seen more than enough to piece everything together. Suddenly tying everything together in a revelation, she had to tell everyone. Unable to wait for Artsy or Jack's reponses, she had to get everyone's attention. Thinking quickly, she pulled her keyboard out of the magic satchel and channeled a bit of unicorn energy through it. Slamming her hooves down on the keys, the instrument made a shrill set of noises that would have woken the dead.

Day then heard a loud, ear piercing noise that made him quickly look up in alarm to try to find the source. Looking around he noticed that one female pony had a... Keyboard? he didn't have time to ponder over this though as she began to speak.

This wasn't news to him as he already had figured that much out himself. What he wondered now was why... Why did cracks suddenly open up across different parts of earth and why did it bring them here? "There must be a reason for it all..." Day thought, but was unable to come up with anything that could make any sense.

He then noticed that the female unicorn with the keyboard had stopped talking to think. She then turned to talk to white unicorn who Day earlier identified as most likely being from around here. Thinking that they must be discussing something important about where they were, Day got closer to them to listen to what they said, but still kept his distance to try and not be noticed.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

Aurora continued watching as the ponies continued their clumsy attempts to walk and fly, occasional yells of triumph mixed with groans of despair. I think they're getting the hang of it, Aurora thought hopefully, after a few moments had ticked by. Then again- a pegasus pony had crashed to the ground with a loud screech- maybe not. She shifted comfortably in her position up against the tree as she attempted to gather her thoughts, this time, hopefully, without a large crowd around her. Normally she'd try helping them, of course, but a few of the ponies scattered amongst the group still scared her. A coward at heart, she thought glumly as she watched them scamper across the meadow unsteadily.

A high-pitched wail pierced the idyllic shroud that had settled over the meadow. "Wahh!" Aurora yelped as she fell over in surprise, landing with a painful thump against a mossy rock. "Ow...." She struggled to her hooves in time to catch a snippet of the magenta-colored pony's speech, something about "humans", and "memory loss". The latter didn't surprise her a bit, but Aurora had never heard of the former in her life. She racked her brain for any scrap of information it might have about "human", but concluded a second later that it was most likely an acryonym for something. Hungry Underfed Mares Are Nutcases, her brain volunteered unhelpfully. Still slightly dazed and out of breath, she strained to catch the last bit of the pony's speech.

The mare unexpectedly turned to Aurora and asked, "What's the Princess's name?" Aurora looked puzzled, before realizing that she must be referring to Celestia. I thoiught that was common knowledge...oh wait, we're talking about the bunch that can't even remember to walk. Never mind. She opened her mouth to answer, when suddenly she realized that the entire group had turned to look expectantly at her. She felt her hooves turn to jelly, but ignored the telltale signs of stage fright as she replied, "D-do you mean Princess Celestia? H-her royal highness resides in Canterlot Castle." She pointed with a hoof towards the mountain in the distance, barely visible behind the rows upon rows of houses dotting the horizon.

Hey, wait a minute, she thought, perplexed, as something in her brain finally clunked into place. "You're not actually going to go there, are you? W-without any food? Or supplies?"

Edited by Aureity
  • Brohoof 3

@,

The blue maned lay there sobbing away into the grass, when suddenly he felt a gentle touch on his head. He immediately stopped weeping, as he remembered this feeling all to well.

Klopp looked up to see a bipedal thing. No, not a thing, a person. A Man he recognized from somewhere, but he couldn't quite grasp who it was. The figure in front of him began to speak, "There, now that suits you perfectly! Come on, Smile! There is no need to cry! There is not a thing in the universe that is worth getting worked up over, and no matter what happens you can always find a way to make things better! Keep this fedora with you to remind you of that"

The man turned back and signaled another to enter the room. Come and have a look, William! Your son never looked better!"

This man walked in and took one look at Klopp saying, "Wow, he wears that hat well! Here, have a look at yourself." The man then picked Klopp up and brought him to a mirror. He saw a young boy, a human boy, inside the mirror. It was himself at the age of 12, long before he had turned into a pony.

He remembered this moment well. The first man, the one who placed the fedora upon his head, was his uncle, and the second man was his father. His father set Klopp down in a chair, and the two backed a few steps away from him. He stared at the two, waiting for something to happen. Eventually he blinked and the two disappeared, being replaced my a pair of ponies. Jack Stache and Artsy Dreamscapes were before him, and he noticed his Fedora resting upon his head again, as Jack took a step back, and Klopp just stared at Jack realizing he was the one who had placed his Fedora upon his head. He had but one thing to say to Jack, and that was, "Thank you."

@,

Klopp had snapped back into reality just in time to hear her speak.

"If we panic, no-nothing will be accomplished. Klopp, it... it isn't your fault. You don't know how to maneuver... yo-your body. But we can learn... and we can find this... person... as she has suggested." The tan unicorn turned her head to face Jack. "Is... isn't that right? Do you think this is the right course of action? Don't you think... I'm right?"

Before Jack had a chance to respond, Klopp attempted to jump up onto his hooves, failing, but letting out an excited "Yes!" before landing on his stomach. He then slowely got back up, managing to stand on his own finally.

"You are right! I am... overreacting over here."

Klopp turned his head to face the male unicorn, and said, "Jack, when you placed my fedora on my head, I remembered something from my past. The time my uncle first gave it to me, he said 'There is not a thing in the universe that is worth getting worked up over, and no matter what happens you can always find a way to make things better!' So, I thank you for that. Anyways, that is now what I am going to do! No more frowns! From now on, I'm all smiles! If I can't manage to walk on my own two... four hooves, then I'll just have to live with it, and laugh at myself all the way!"

One last tear falling down Klopp's cheek as he reminisced about the moment he remembered with his Uncle and Father. He wiped the salty blob off his snout with his hoof, before saying, "So, if finding this person... pony... whatever thing, is the only clue we've got, then I say let's go for it!"

Klopp then gave a rather confused look before asking the two ponies in front of him. "Eh... So, anyone mind filling me in? I'll be honest, I haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention to anything, so any information would be greatly appreciated." Klopp enthusiastically released a grin of epic proportions, that was equally as stunning as his immaculate headwear.

• Brohoof 3

Starry was comforting Klopp till she heard the magenta pony speaking about them being formerly humans, it baffled her at first, then a second thought made her realize that she was right.

@,

"What? W-we were humans? And this is.....real? A crack in the ground? Memory loss? I couldn't believe it! Maybe that explains why I don't know so much about everything, but a human? What could explain that.....Ah! I do know the fact that I like looking at the night sky, so that memory was in a point of view, and I saw the left arm of a human pointing towards a star....that really was me! And in the sky, those stars.......that could explain what this cutie mark of mine really is! And this being real? It must be because I can actually feel physical pain. I still can't explain the cracks in the ground, but she is definitely right!"

She stood up next, then she shares on what she thinks "Um guys, I think she's right, I-I just figured it out with the only memory I have, and that particular memory also explains this....mark on my flank. I agree with with what the magenta pony's saying."

She looked at the magenta pony and said "Thank you, what you said actually made me realize it, thank you again." Starry said with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

Serah had to shut her eyes after watching the ponies stumble around, cry, and flirt with one another for the better half of ten minutes.

“To find out anything, we have to stop the bullshit and just discuss things maturely.” Serah thought. “Not my responsibility to keep them in line, though. Was never good with children.”

Magenta had seen more than enough to piece everything together. Suddenly tying everything together in a revelation, she had to tell everyone. Unable to wait for Artsy or Jack's responses, she had to get everyone's attention. Thinking quickly, she pulled her keyboard out of the magic satchel and channeled a bit of unicorn energy through it. Slamming her hooves down on the keys, the instrument made a shrill set of noises that would have woken the dead.

Serah's eyes shot wide open as she heard the discordant sound. She spotted the perpetrator immediately, and tried to stand up a bit too quickly. She ended up landing flat on her face.

“Son of a...”

Serah decided to forgo her humanity for a moment, and charged on four hooves towards the magenta unicorn who had played the notes. Small embers trailed behind her, though she didn't notice them. She reached the unicorn with the keyboard right as the pony began to speak.

“Cracks in the ground... don't recall. Heard others mention them, though. Related to green light?” Serah thought to herself as she stood up once more.

"I don't know where we should go from here, but there is someone who knows a lot more than I do. What's her name?..." Magenta racked her brain for a moment, then realized the nearby white pony with the fiery mane was the only one who seemed to be a genuine local.

Magenta turned to face the one with the food, a tone of hope in her voice now. "What's the Princess' name? She'd know all about this, wouldn't she?"

“Princess?” Serah's expression soured.

"D-do you mean Princess Celestia? H-her royal highness resides in Canterlot Castle." [Aurora] pointed with a hoof towards the mountain in the distance, barely visible behind the rows upon rows of houses dotting the horizon.

Hey, wait a minute, she thought, perplexed, as something in her brain finally clunked into place. "You're not actually going to go there, are you? W-without any food? Or supplies?"

“Better than staying still.” Serah finally spoke up. “If Celestia has answers, we take them. No more wasting time.”

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Surprisingly, the purple pegasus had started laughing wildly along with Numbers. She didn't even seem to notice it when he accidentally kicked her in the side. Numbers did, though, and despite his continuing laughter, he felt bad about the incident. He always hated it when his lack of control over laughter caused others to be injured or upset. With that thought in mind, he finally began to calm down. This is neither the time nor the place to lose control like this.

Suddenly, something poked him. The sensation snapped him completely out of his laughter. He blinked once, very slowly, and then turned his head to see who or what had interrupted him. It was the purple pegasus. She wanted to know what his name was. Either because of the laughter or the amnesia, he couldn't remember his name, so after spending a moment in thought, he reached for the first word that came to mind. “Numbers. My name is Numbers.” he replied.

Suddenly Numbers stood up with a very confused look on his face. Stuttering in his confusion, he said "W-w-wait just a minute, haven't we done this before?" Numbers could have sworn that this was the second time that he had been poked, the second time he couldn't remember his name, and the second time that he had told the purple pegasus his name. Without waiting for a response, he decided to break the loop. He turned to the purple pegasus and asked her “What's your name, and what is that unusual mark on your flank?”

While he was waiting for a response from the purple pegasus, his mind began to wander. His earlier visualization returned. Once again, he was standing in front of a file cabinet. This time, a different drawer was open. The drawer was labeled “Personnel Files”. It was empty. His mind turned towards the task of examining his earlier observations of the ponies around him. As he did so, folders began to appear in the drawer.

@@Aureity, Her name was Aurora… Something. I wasn't close enough to catch the last name, but there is definitely something different about this pony. Unlike all of the others here, she moves with confidence - she must already be well acclimated to her form. Her confusion is also different, it is directed outwards towards the other ponies rather than inwards. While the others seem confused about where they are and what they are doing, this pony seems to know exactly where she is and exactly what she is doing.

She seems to be friendly enough. She offered food earlier, and she did not respond to the aggressive red pony with more aggression. And yet… Her interactions with the others still seem to be quite guarded. Now she's examining us. I think I trust her, but if only I could read her thoughts…

@@Incognito, This brightly colored yellow pony has been suffering from so much distress… I feel bad for her, very bad for her, but I will have to try to keep my distance. She's too unstable. So much sorrow. If I were to go over there and comfort her, I would probably not be able to control my own reactions.

@@Legendary Emerald, This red pony had such a visceral reaction to Aurora's guarded responses… It's obvious that she has a short fuse, and yet her fuse is not short enough to make her predictable. When I laughed at her and the pony that had collided with her, I just knew that some type of conflict would occur, but, instead, she simply walked away and ignored me. That wasn't what I had expected to happen.

If she had lashed out at me, then I would trust my interactions with her because I would know that she was simply aggressive. But she didn't, so she isn't. She must be more complex than this. I will have to gather more data, more observations. In the meantime, I'll have to be incredibly careful in dealing with her. If I can't safely estimate her response, then there will be too much potential for conflict.

@, @, I think that this small tan pony and the pony with the mustache have some kind of relationship. It probably existed before they ended up here with the rest of us. I find their relationship to be comforting - a beacon of stability and strength even in this atmosphere of uncertainty. I think I can trust both of them.

@, That fantastic fedora. That brilliant blue mane. That impressive bulk. I don't care that he's sobbing, flopping about, and has a strange name. He has to be a hero - maybe even some kind of knight. I just know it!

@, This strange purple pegasus approached me for no reason and has been friendly despite having no reason to trust me. I don't understand why. She seems to be suffering from the same amnesia that affected me. Perhaps I remind her of someone that she knows. Either way, I trust her.

His thoughts quieted down. The entire sequence had only taken a few seconds. Despite the panic and uneasiness gripping the other ponies, he had been able to safely understand something of their emotions without absorbing them himself. Number smiled. This is a good start, now I can focus on the others and try to reach some understanding of them as well.

@,

A sudden loud, shrill sound startled Numbers and interrupted his observations. A wildly colored pink and purple unicorn had smashed her hooves down onto a musical instrument. Numbers was completely disoriented. The panic that he had delayed earlier suddenly came back, and this time he was powerless to resist. His head swam and he began to shiver uncontrollably. He was barely able to hear the words of the newcomer - “we are all humans”, “cracks in the ground”, “someone who knows”.

Through the thickening haze of panic, he was barely able to understand the continued conversation that was taking place around the unicorn. Once again, all he grasped were snippets. This time, the snippets were about some kind of princess, supplies, and perhaps a journey. Forcing his eyes shut and gritting his teeth, Numbers fought to overcome his panic. Losing control again and so soon. This isn't good at all, not when I'm so close to answers.

• Brohoof 6

@,

"Oh, dear, I'm afraid I don't know." She said giving Numbers an apologetic smirk. She had to think back to what she could remember. The mentioning of cracks and light brought back her own last memory. She could remember moving towards a light with a voice calling her in the background 'Tiiiiich-' she kept hearing over and over again. She didn't know what it was, perhaps her name. "Tich!" she yelled at Number excitedly. "I think that's my name." she muttered slightly blushing feeling apologetic for yelling out of excitement.

She left the second question to ponder, looking at her own and Number's flank. She could see that there was a relation between Number's cutie mark and his name. "Your name is Numbers and your mark has to do with numbers, so there is some relation." she pondered. She then looked at her own going in a circle. "Mine seems to look like the Sun setting over a pyramid." she looked at Numbers, "Maybe I am an Egyptian Sun Godess?" as she flapped her wings.

She looked at Numbers deep in his own thoughts, he probably couldn't even hear what she was saying. "Your face gets all wrinkly when you're thinking." She explaining in a childlike inquisitive manner. Slightly tilting her head.

However she was abrubted by a pink pony. She was startled and fell over backwards as she looked at Numbers closing his eyes. She covered her ears with her hooves by the racket the pony was making "Make it stop!" she cried out.

• Brohoof 2

"Well, you live here, right?" Magenta asked knowingly. "Everyone here is so nice and helpful... it's a paradise, compared to where I came from! I'm sure there are plenty of people here who will help us... I mean ponies..." Her voice trailed off as she suddenly realized she said 'people' again, but she quickly recovered and continued. "I've only been here for a couple of days, but if Princess Celestia is as kind as the rest of the ponies I've met here, we have nothing to worry about!"

Magenta flashed her trademark grin. She knew she had not lost one bit of charisma in the transformation to a pony. Just don't make them angry... Megenta thought as she remembered that her glowing confidence was really a fraud. She was always happy and cheerful, but that was how she survived. Her ability to make friends with nearly anyone had saved her life more than once. Negative reactions from others tore her apart inside, so she had to put all her efforts into being accepted by everyone she met. It was undoubtedly a fragile way to exist, but it was functional for the most part.

She stood up next, then she shares on what she thinks "Um guys, I think she's right, I-I just figured it out with the only memory I have, and that particular memory also explains this....mark on my flank. I agree with with what the magenta pony's saying."

She looked at the magenta pony and said "Thank you, what you said actually made me realize it, thank you again." Starry said with a smile.

"Oh you're very welcome!" Magenta beamed. "But I didn't know all this when I first got here. I was actually able to regain most of my memories from this wonderful zebra lady who lives in there," she pointed towards the Everfree Forest. "I didn't actually have to go in there, though. She just kinda found me out here. She told me not to go there, that it was too dangerous..." After thinking for a moment, her eyes suddenly lit up. "Hey, maybe she can help everyone here! All we have to do is go in--" Magenta's cheerfulness quickly faded as she realized the Everfree Forest was mostly impassible...

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 2

Aurora had to admit, a journey to Canterlot did sound fun. Camping under the night sky, hiking up a mountain...she had only been there once before, and the bustling city made Ponyville seem like a desert. It was even larger than Baltimare from where she had come. Baltimare...her dreamy smile faltered for just a second as past memories swam into her mind, but she banished them quickly, lashing her tail in annoyance. Canterlot, she told herself, stop thinking of other places. Clearing her mind and starting over, she imagined Canterlot, with its spiraling turrets and enourmous victorian houses.

It's not the destination, though. It's the journey. She knew, just from looking at the oddball group, that it would be one heck of a ride. And you know what? I've been in quiet Ponyville too long. She wasn't quite sure why she wanted to go with them, other than the obvious promise of adventure, and for a few moments examined the group, wondering what it was that made them so special when most of them still couldn't put one hoof in front of the other. It's not important. I'll figure it out later.

"Um..." Aurora said. "I-I'll come with you ponies, if you want...I can get our supplies and everything."

• Brohoof 1

Serene had been staring at the group of ponies that were conversing together, confusion apparent on her face. How in the world could they just get over being a pony in a matter of minutes, and pretend for everything to be fine? Why aren't they trying to figure out how to turn back into humans? Do they not miss the advantages of having two legs? She could not understand how these ponies could so easily forget everything about their past lives. Serene, on the other hand, could not stop thinking about her family back home. She was not going to so easily forget about all of them, oh no, she was going to find a way home. But she could not do all of this alone. She would need to tag along with these ponies as well.

Serene's mind panicked with the thought of putting her trust into other people... ponies, but she had no other choice. She didn't have to trust them anyway! The second that she was able, she would abandon all of them, and go on her way home! Yes, it was the absolute perfect plan! She just couldn't have them knowing this. The rat inside of the group, the one who will get away! She smiled to herself as she walked up to the group of ponies and said in a shy voice,

"Umm... W-would it be alright if I came with you guy-... ponies?"

• Brohoof 2

As the ponies around the area were discussing on what they could do, Electrobolt continued to gaze towards the ground, almost as if he was lost in thought. *Ok... So I now know it was those strange, glowing cracks that caused us to come into this world...* he pondered, trying to think things out a bit. *I can vaguely remember that, and the only other things I can remember are these rather curious devices, one of which showed me my name, so to speak... Beyond that... My mind is a complete blank...* As he closed his eyes tight, as if trying to trigger something in his mind to bring out a new memory, the only thing he was doing was straining himself.

Letting out a sigh, he opened his eyes as he looked up just in time to see some ponies beginning to gather around. "Wonder what they're planning..." he whispered to himself, before picking himself up to walk over to them. Well, walking as best as he could as a pony, which was still slightly wobbly. As he slowly approached the small group, he overheard one of them saying something about going along with some other ponies. *So they're going somewhere...?* he pondered in his mind, trying to think of any place here that they would be going before shaking his head. *Well, although I don't know where I am exactly, these others seem to know... And while I'm here, I may as well try to get used to my new body...* Although he felt slightly nervous, he put on a calm face as he said, "Um, do you think... I could come as well...?"

• Brohoof 1

It was starting to become an unpopular trend with Ice when it came to being ignored. Very few so far had even acknowledged her or had responded to anything that she had mentioned. The simple fact that she had responded to pretty much the entire group around her in regards to who the princess was and no one even so much as blinked in her direction thus far was a bit unnerving. Hopefully the actual ponies that live here aren't as rude. I may not have all of the answers, nor do I remember everything, but still I do at the very least have some answers and vague memories of what we're looking for at least, she thought to herself as she continued to listen to everypony else around her. She figured that since she was just going to be ignored anyway she might as well keep her opinion to herself unless addressing the few ponies that had actually acknowledged that she existed.

She listened as most of the other ponies seemed to finally at the very least seemed to accept the fact that there wasn't anything that could be done right now to change things back to normal, and honestly if she had the option, she would refuse. Other than the fact that she had just got here and had only seen the ponification of other humans, if this place was anything like the show was, she'd have no problem staying here. Then they started talking about going to Canterlot. Considering that she had no idea where they even were and if she tried to go off alone, it would practically mean certain death, she relented.

"I'll come to Canterlot as well. IF nothing else just to get answers to a couple very confusing questions of my own. I don't really care about the fact that I was changed into a pony... it's just, other things that have me concerned," she stated. So far she knew that there were really only two ponies here right now that she cared for. Aurora, and this other pony whose name she didn't catch but was able to at the very least calm down most of the other ponies. She had her respect, and right now given how everything else was gone, respect was becoming increasingly hard to give.

• Brohoof 2

@,

Jack somewhat distantly heard Klopp's thanks for giving him his fedora back. Jack awkwardly muttered back "It was the least I could do...", not sure of what else to say.

@,

Luckily, he didn't really have to say anything else. Startled by a sudden noise, which made him feel like his ears were bleeding from the inside out, he jerked his head in the direction of the noise to see a ... well, brightly colored pink and purple unicorn with a keyboard that almost certainly made the noise. Irritated, and yet intrigued at the same time, he listened to what she had to say with rapt attention.

Muttering to himself "At least I'm definitely not the only one that has put things together," he listened closely to another unicorn, this one white with a rather fiery red mane. Following where her hoof was pointing, he saw a mountain far into the distance, which was apparently where this "Princess Celestia" was located. "Well. That's, uh, quite the ways away, eh?", he said out loud with a very nervous tone. Jack was far from athletic, so the prospect of a long walk/run/whatever to get somewhere did NOT appeal to him at all.

@,

His nervous thinking and constant worrying about having to actually walk a significant distance (which was actually causing him to shake a tiny bit. He REALLY did not like that idea) by Artsy asking him if they should go and see this Princess Celestia. Before he could answer (partially because he started panicking a little bit again at the LONG WALK AHHHH), Klopp suddenly attempted to get up...before falling back onto his stomach and then slowly getting back onto his hooves. At that point, he told Jack and Artsy that he had overreacted, and that by putting his fedora back on his head Jack made him remember something from his past that gave him sudden hope. Or something like that. Jack was too confused and shocked by Klopp's really sudden mood change to make much of it.

"Well, uh...you're welcome...I guess?", he managed to stutter out. "As for what has happened, uh, well...Artsy, you can answer that!" Jack then proceeded to look at Artsy expectantly, thinking in an amused way how she would probably react. Then, however, he remembered that she had asked him something, so he whispered to her "I, um, am not sure if we really should go there. I mean, look how far of a walk that is! It's just so far away! Maybe we should look for a solution that isn't a long walk away."

Edited by Skyman
  • Brohoof 4

The other ponies seemed to be agreeing that a trip to Canterlot to find answers to their questions was in order. However, Magenta brought up another interesting lead.

"Oh you're very welcome!" Magenta beamed. "But I didn't know all this when I first got here. I was actually able to regain most of my memories from this wonderful zebra lady who lives in there," she pointed towards the Everfree Forest. "I didn't actually have to go in there, though. She just kinda found me out here. She told me not to go there, that it was too dangerous..." After thinking for a moment, her eyes suddenly lit up. "Hey, maybe she can help everyone here! All we have to do is go in--" Magenta's cheerfulness quickly faded as she realized the Everfree Forest was mostly impassible...

"Talking Zebras too? Forest sounds interesting, though. Dangerous, but could use some excitement." Serah thought, nodding to herself.

"Everfree Forest... worth checking out." Serah said to Magenta, crossing her fore-hooves. "Danger be damned. Cowardly can go beg a princess to save them, or wait in 'Ponyville' for the strong to return."

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 2

He felt his eyes open. It was a very bright day. He was sitting on some kind of bench, in a grassy area. He was reading something. He couldn't see the cover, but the pages were worn and yellowed. It was an old book. This was a memory, but it was incomplete. His thoughts and the words on the book's pages were both hidden from him, but he could feel emotions - his own. He was alone. With each turn of the page, he felt a growing sense of childlike wonder and a fiery determination.

Suddenly, there was a blinding flash of light. He was in some kind of meeting, surrounded by important looking people. Everyone was shouting about something, but he couldn't hear the words that they were saying. He could only feel the emotions of both himself and the others in the room. They were angry about something, angry and scared. He didn't know whether or not he was the one responsible, but as the meeting went on, he began to feel a terrible sense of dread. Suddenly, everything blurred then went dark.

Now darkness. He was sitting in a room lit only dimly by the moonlight. His eyes scanned the room. The darkness seemed to dance between the rays of moonlight. Once again, he could only feel emotions - his own. He was alone in this room. He felt heavy, weighted down by something. Not sadness, just nothingness, emptiness. The movement of a tree outside caused the moonlight to shift. The darkness continued to dance.

Numbers opened his eyes. He no longer felt even the slightest hint of the panic that had gripped him earlier. He felt exhausted. What was all that… What does it all mean? Who am I, or… Who was I? These questions rushed through his mind. He closed his eyes and attempted to revisit the memories, but they eluded him completely. Frustrated, he opened his eyes and decided to listen to the conversation that was taking place between the ponies around him.

@,

While Numbers had been lost in his own thoughts, he had been only vaguely aware of what had been going on around him. Now, judging by the current discussion and the snippets that he could remember, he gathered that the other ponies were thinking about some kind of plan of action - traveling somewhere to talk to some princess. He tried to remember more details. A journey to some place called Canterlot to speak with an Egyptian sun goddess… Wait… Wha?! No, that can't be right.

A look of confusion appeared on his face as he tried to figure out what had just happened to his thoughts. The feeling of confusion seemed strangely familiar to him. Recalling the last few times that something had confused him, Numbers looked to his side and saw the purple pegasus. He remembered hearing her name.

“Tich, that's your name? You know, I really don't think that mark on your flank has anything to do with Egyptian sun goddesses. Of course, I can't be sure, but I just don't think that's it.” Then Numbers remembered the rest of what she had said. “Wrinkly? Do I really wrinkle my face when I'm thinking? Can ponies wrinkle their faces?” Completely unconsciously, Numbers scrunched up his nose while he thought about this.

The conversation was interrupted though as one of the ponies said something that caught his attention.

Numbers quickly turned his head and saw a fairly imposing forest that he had not noticed before. So we can either go on a lengthy journey to see a princess, or we could walk into a forest right behind us and get answers to the same questions. Numbers thought fast. This forest will probably be dangerous, but a long distance journey through completely unknown territory can't be any safer. The long journey would undoubtedly take longer.

His earlier visions had left him hungry for answers - immediate answers. Numbers thought about the risk involved with a journey through the forest. I could be killed. Anyone that goes with me could also be killed. We don't know anything about what's in this forest. But those visions… If we enter this forest, then I could find out what they mean now before my lack of data gets me into trouble. I could find out why I am here. Besides, if talking zebras lived in this place, it can't be too impossibly dangerous.

"Everfree Forest... worth checking out." Serah said to Magenta, crossing her fore-hooves. "Danger be damned. Cowardly can go beg a princess to save them, or wait in 'Ponyville' for the strong to return."

Numbers blinked and stared at the red pony. Given their obvious differences, there was no way he could've predicted agreeing with the red pony so soon, and the thought of a journey into the forest with this incendiary pony did not give him any confidence. What was the likelihood of conflict with this pony in a tense situation. Numbers weighed the odds.

Well, I know she isn't a simple hothead. Rather than getting into a fight, she avoided conflict with me earlier. She shares my thoughts on journeying into the forest, so while we may think in different ways, there is at least some possibility that we may reach the same conclusions. Then there's the other thing - attacks from wild animals, getting lost, and natural hazards. With everything that could go wrong, there's little possibility that we would find time to fight amongst ourselves.

Despite the risks that he knew existed, the curiosity created by his earlier visions compelled Numbers. He made up his mind. Taking a few steps toward the other two ponies, he said “I agree. The forest is right here. Canterlot, from what I can gather, is quite a distance away. I think we should investigate the forest. Why should we go through the trouble of a long journey when the answers we seek may be right there?”

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 2

@,

She raised an eyebrow she didn't know she had at Jack's response. Really? Walking? Was that all he cared about? His vehement response and shivering at how painful so much walking could be left her amused. Though she was also out of shape, she was eager to test out her new body and prove she could walk better than these other idiots. Whoops, that was mean... she meant... erm... people.

"Well, it's either that... or go into a dangerous forest and get... leaves and stuff in my feet. I'm not wearing any shoes, so that's... ew. Unsanitary!" Artsy shook her head as she found the thought of getting so dirty equally disturbing. It was gross and she was always the type of girl who disliked venturing through nature due to that. "I mean, that's not my primary concern though! I can... get a little dirty. But it could be dangerous. If there's ponies and sparkly stuff that looks like magic... who knows what other things could be in there, you know?"

@,

The mare turned her dark eyes to Fedora Pony again, who had had an erratic mood change and had apparently taken her previous words to heart when Jack foisted the duty of answering his questions to her. She shook her head... silly boyfriend.

Silly Klopp. Whilst she was disturbed and somewhat shocked by Klopp's outburst and subsequent shift back, his words stirred and tears stirred something in her mind. She felt a bit irritated by his sudden mood change. Nonplussed for sure, but irritated all the same. How could one go from such sadness to such smiles? Was he merely masking his sadness with that goofy grin? There was no way that he could guarantee no more frowns on this journey. It was going to be long... and she sensed it... an oncoming... p-p...

...Pain?

"Augh!"

Something felt strange. An onset of heat was pulsating through her forehead all of a sudden, as she saw a bright crimson light flickering above her. Why was she so... so incensed all of a sudden?! Was this... what she had seen the flamboyant other unicorn perform? It was very conceivable that at this moment, her horn was glowing. Vivid images flashed into her mind in rapid succession... images of... pain. She could no longer think, only to be controlled like a puppet by the glowing force on her forehead. Somewhere in the background, she could hear the fluttering and buzzing of bees.

The face of the woman she used to be... and perhaps, the woman she never wanted to be...

"Aaaa... aaah...!"

Now instead of the crimson above her forehead, her vision became oddly green tinted.

"Marry me..."

"Yes..."

She turned to Jack and stared at him with her eyes glazed over, before she let out a shriek and instinctively turned away from him and any others in the group. Her horn unleashed a burst of crimson energy in the direction of the forest. The vivacity of the images slowly swam out of her mind, but she couldn't help to continue to remember her own face...

Stupid face!

Artsy snorted in frustration and kicked the ground with one of her hindhooves.

The buzzing and clicking sounds had ceased for a moment... then... they began in full intensity. They enraptured the entire area, loud, endless, sending a shiver down her spine and making her momentarily forget her outburst. Suddenly, a huge mass of black burst out of the treetops of the forests, clicking and buzzing even more nosily. Gigantic and terrible glistening insects, misshapen with ebony carapaces as far as she could see...

And as soon as they had appeared, they were all gone. Disappearing into the bright cerulean skies. It was almost as if, in the midst of their buzzing, they had had voices...

"U... ugh..." The green tint of her vision soon vanished, and she felt rather faint. "Wh... what's... what was that?"

"Sister... how much longer must we hide?" A regal voice echoed through the indiscriminate caves, one that had seemed as though it was struggling to keep as quiet as it could.

"Patience, Luna. We must regain our strength before we confront their stronghold again." This voice had an air of patience and wisdom, and more maturity than the previous voice.

"But sister! They are destroying our home... subjugating our subjects... thou must do something! We have regained strength enough. They must be-"

"No! I have told you again, Luna, we must have patience! We can't find anyponies suitable to wield the Elements... that means we need to prepare a plan before we try again," The older sister responded in a kind, yet stern fashion as she trotted deliberately across the cave.

"We grow weary of our disguise! And there is a matter that has been brought to our attention... those foul beasts are approaching Ponyville. If we do not do something quick, they wilst surely conquer it as they have Canterlot!"

The older Princess bit the bottom part of her snout for a moment in consternation and sighed. "Yes... I know, my sister..."

• Brohoof 8

@,

"Are you sure that going into a dangerous forest is the best option for us right now." Tich came closer to the group Numbers was standing with. "All of us just woke up here, with no memory of who we really are or what we are capable of." she looked at her wings wiggling them around. "Do we really need to go through a dangerous forest." She looked around at all of the still slightly confused ponies. What if someone actually dies in there. She thought to herself. Tich couldn't bare the thought of having to see such pain now.

"Perhaps taking a long journey means we can get to know ourselves better and hone our skills." She said. "I really wish I can learn to use these wings to fly and have the unicorns do whatever they do." she kept looking around. "If we are patient we can all get our answers." Tich said feeling like she was losing the argument. "Besides, we could always come back here."

@,

As Tich finished her last sentence Artsy's horn expunged it's crimson glow behind her. Tich quickly looked and turned back. "What if something like that happens to any of us? You have got to be kidding me?" she yelled at them. All she could feel was worry. Considering all of them were unstable at best. What if something bad were to happen in such a dangerous situation. On the other hand, she had grown fond of Numbers' presence. It was comforting, she didn't want to part ways with the first person she has talked to here. Her thoughts broken up if she would follow them into the forest if he left.

• Brohoof 2

@

Magenta suddenly noticed a bright red flash come from Artsy's horn. While Magenta had learned a few minor tricks she could perform, she knew nothing about magical power of this magnitude. Terrified and shaking in her hooves, she could only remain motionless as a spectacular light show erupted around them. As the imagery unfolded in front of her eyes, Magenta could not help but feel a little envious for Artsy's hidden magical prowess.

Suddenly, Magenta's curiosity faded into fear as a giant swarm of black insects rose from the nearby forest. She hated bugs... in her own mind at least, she was capable of taking on an opponent several times her size, but bugs? Bugs?? Of all the insipid and vile evils in the universe, why did it have to be bugs?! Even in her previous existence on Earth, she was deathly afraid of insects. She was unable to remember exactly why, but she knew they were far more than she could handle.

@

Instinctively, she headed for the goofy-looking pony wearing the fedora. Magenta was unsure as to why her subconscious had decided Klopp was the one who could protect her. It had to be the Indiana Jones hat. Obviously, that's what it was; the hat made the stallion in this case. Before she could question herself, she arrived next to Klopp in less than a second. Nearly falling at his hooves, she tried to wrap her arms around him, hoping this one could protect her from whatever it was that was looming over the forest.

Dammit, she thought. Why did I pick the clumsy oaf?! Of all possibilities, I had to let the HAT be the deciding factor!! She was kicking herself inside as she quickly realized she had chosen the one who could hardly even walk as her protector. Oh well, too late now...

"Help meeee!!" Magenta screamed as she attempted to bury her face in Klopp's coat. It would have been comical, had the moment not been so genuinely terrifying...

• Brohoof 4

As the ponies continue chattering about, and Klopp having finally gained a bit of his senses, he listened and began taking in every word that was said around him. Having two plans being presented, either enter the nearby forest, or head to the city atop the mountain, a place called Canterlot. Klopp was still feeling emotional, not quite over his outbreak from before, so hhe had no clue as to which would be the beast course of action.

@,

While listening to the ponies, suddenly one of the nearby unicorns, Artsy, the same one he had talked with before, had started emitting a very fitting crimson glow from her horn. Klopp noticed and tilted his head slightly in confusion, squinting on of his eyes, and raising the eyebrow of the other. He opened his mouth to speak before her eyes changed to a different hue, a strange bright green, completely unlike any of her natural colors, and it was extremely out of place.

Klopp simply froze, not knowing what to say, until Artsy let out a piercing shriek and jerked her head away, and a massive release of energy burst from her horn, and headed directly towards the forest nearby. Being so close to the source, he felt an extremely odd sensation, as all his senses seemed to go completely haywire as the explosion occured. He felt an intense heat, heard a strange buzz, momentarily saw a strange black figure, and smelled a sulfurous stench, far worse than that of a recently erupted volcano. Klopp staggered backwards, and yet again, fell down onto his backside, and stared bug-eyed, mouth held open, as the enormous bolt of crimson energy continued onward, his senses returning to normal as it traveled farther away until longer visible to Klopp's eyes.

His senses returned to normal, but one continued. The strange buzzing only continued to get louder, as he continued staring into the forest, a massive black blob started to make it's way out of the nearby forest. As it expanded, he could tell that they were strange... bugs? Not just any bugs. These things were massive, and the sounds from their wings flapping were like a hundred thousand crickets in unison. Some kinda of swarm flying out of the forest as the group of ponies stand in the field, and Klopp, out of instinct, got into a pose ready to pounce on any if they came flying in his direction..

@,

"What's going on here? What the hell are those th-"

Klopp stopped speaking immediately, and turned his head around as he felt something suddenly smack into his back. He saw the bright pink pony, with her arms wrapped around him, with a look of sheer terror on her face. She screamed out "Help meeee!!".

Klopp was completely surprised at this strange turn of events. Why did she come to me? What makes her think I can protect her, as clumsy as I am as a pony? At this point he had no choice, his insticts got the better of him, and after seeing the frightened look on this helpless mare, he could do nothing but try to protect her from the oncoming swarm.

"Don't worry, I-I'll protect you! Just stay down, and please do not follow my example from earlier by NOT panicking!"

He stared at her frightened face for a second. He despised having to see such fear contained in one creature. He turned away from her, back towards the creatures coming towards him, and scowled at them, growling in their direction, preparing to take on any one of these horrid, disgusting, vile insects, ready for any one who might have the misfortune of coming within ten feet of this poor, defenseless, pony, who came to him for protection.

Edited by Klopp Wonka
HERP-A-DERP
  • Brohoof 3