Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Smile, Smile, Smile Challenge!

RainbowAwesome

I have a theory that it is impossible to listen to Smile, Smile, Smile withouth smiling. So my challenge to all the bronies is to listen to the song and try not to smile (smirking and laughing counts). If you think you need more of a challenge try singing the song without smiling. If you can then you are the toughest pony that I have ever met!

• Brohoof 17

What you are proposing is a physical impossibilty. You'd have to have a heart of ice and a soul as black as coal (Hey that rhymes!) to not smile during such a heartwarming and joyous song. As such, I will not even attempt this challenge as failure is the only (and happier!) outcome.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2

IMPOSSIBRU!! :o

I might give it a try, but I highly doubt I'll succeed... Really, that's one tough challange you came up with there. Asking bronies not to smile during a MLP song that magically pastes a smile on your face whether you like it or not. :blink:

i can actually do just that, but that is because i listen to it all the time sometimes i don't even notice it playing (usually the remixed version) i've just become so used to it now it is my favorite song and i can play it though in my head so easily

however that just a unknowing reaction i think if anypony actually listened to it with the purpose of not smiling it would be quite difficult.

• Brohoof 1

I have a theory that it is impossible to listen to Smile, Smile, Smile withouth smiling. So my challenge to all the bronies is to listen to the song and try not to smile (smirking and laughing counts). If you think you need more of a challenge try singing the song without smiling. If you can then you are the toughest pony that I have ever met!

i just did it. being a constant downer helps a lot. also being able to resist pinkies adorable smile.

Id like to see someone listen to 'so many wonders' without smiling. that would be a true challenge.

just sang it without smiling. the part at the end where they all gang up and sing 'come on everypony smile smile smile.' is where it gets easy. stupid part of the song.

Edited by Fanayvea
  • Brohoof 1

Oh god. That was one of the hardest thing that I have ever done. I watched the whole song without smiling. But it was really hard. I felt all the way from the beginning how the smile just wanted to break out. I just sat there and pushed it back. I felt how saliva was forming in my mouth, but I didn't dare to swallow it. I was afraid that I would loose control over my lips then :P Right when the video was over I smiled :D

• Brohoof 1

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HARD!!!!!!!!!!! I did it, but just barely....I don't even have a soul! This was my first time hearing this song too! I almost lost it when I had to adjust my headphones.......:)

won the challenge for 2 reasons

1. im really good at not showing emotions, that was my way to vanish from everyone's attention at elementary school

2. if i dont want to feel anything like hapiness when listening to it i just need to remember that non of my friends care for me like that

Done. Easy. To me, all the songs in this show are excruciatingly lame and far too long, and I can barely stand to sit through them, so not smiling at it is no problem, since I wouldn't do that anyway.

I also have several issues with this specific song and the video that goes with it, but I might save those for a separate topic sometime.

Before you call me out as a hater, I will say that, of all the songs in the show so far, this is probably one of the better written ones musically. The acoustic guitar strums and interludes are mildly catchy, but the lame factor is too overwhelming.