Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

http://dubthedew.com/gallery-of-names/

Yes, you heard me correctly everypony! Mountain Dew is holding a "Dub the Dew" competition to see what the fans want their new Apple-flavored Mountain Dew called. Obviously, 4chan and other troll sources have put names like "Sour Puss", "Dat Apple", and "Potato" into the Top 10. However, Applejack is currently residing at Number Two on the leaderboards, and can easily be pushed into the Number One spot over "meany greeny". While competition looks fierce, aforementioned troll names will most likely NOT be accepted. So help out everypony, to ponify Mountain Dew!

• Brohoof 8

WIll Applejack even be an acceptable name? Or will there be copyright issuesand Hasbro will not allow it?

I hope it's allowed, I would buy a product called Applejack Mountain Dew. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

ok i rely need to turn the gore mode chip in my brain off.

also for some reason i keep getting 503 error so myah.. it dosent matter to me anyway because we don't have mountain dew in the uk

I really hope we can vote more than once, like dragonshy said.

If not, we need a lot more to vote. C'MON EVERYPONY, VOTE TILL YA DROP!!!!

I fell in love with mountain dew soda recently.

I love voltage..

But THIS.

Drop all my voltage for Applejack's if this goes through

Lol! Soda in a restaurant.

"Would you like to order a drink?"

"Gimme an Applejack"

..err, that sounded awkward.

• Brohoof 1

While it's a funny idea, I'm pretty sure it'd never go through; not because of copyright issues, but rather because "Applejack" is the name of a well-known Alcoholic drink.

It'd be like having a "Mountain Dew Whiskey" or "Mountain Dew Vodka".

Sorry guys, nice idea, but the only one I see on that list that they'd probably accept would be "Quantum", which is in 11th place.

Edited by Ashbad

WIll Applejack even be an acceptable name? Or will there be copyright issuesand Hasbro will not allow it?

I hope it's allowed, I would buy a product called Applejack Mountain Dew. :wacko:

Well, Applejack is actually an alcoholic drink made from hard cider. Something akin to apple moonshine. The name has been adopted by many things over the years, and is even one of my favorite Dolly Parton songs.

That being the case I don't think the name itself is capable of being trademarked. As long as they avoid putting a pony on the label I think all will be well.

ok i rely need to turn the gore mode chip in my brain off.

also for some reason i keep getting 503 error so myah.. it dosent matter to me anyway because we don't have mountain dew in the uk

Ah, but there is! It's my new favourite drink, I say this sat next to two cans of the yummy stuff :D

if we did win do you see how many people will start hating the dew? haters and non haters alike would be PISSED beyond the point of reason. my likely forecast is haters with a chance of Dew rain, followed by sunny skies and a burning building.

This would actually be an awesome name for a mountain dew drink. However it does seem that the campaign has been taken down due to 4chan's shenanigans.

This would actually be an awesome name for a mountain dew drink. However it does seem that the campaign has been taken down due to 4chan's shenanigans.

Noticed that the webpage doesn't open anymore. Hopefully they reopen it.

Once again, [sarcasm] thank you, 4chan! [/sarcasm]

While it's a funny idea, I'm pretty sure it'd never go through; not because of copyright issues, but rather because "Applejack" is the name of a well-known Alcoholic drink.

It'd be like having a "Mountain Dew Whiskey" or "Mountain Dew Vodka".

Sorry guys, nice idea, but the only one I see on that list that they'd probably accept would be "Quantum", which is in 11th place.

maybe thats why Applejack's name is Applejack. I mean, the cider IS foaming, and from what I've heard, only Hard Apple Cider foams a lot...

Who needs an Applejack Mountain Dew when I got my Applejack Daniels?!?!?!

Posted Image

LOL, JK, as soon as that website is back up I'm casting my vote. After all, this may prove to be but the next step in the inevitable Brony World Domination!!! Yay!!! :D

Wow mountain dew is screwed if they go through with this contest. I do hope applejack wins though, it would be awesome to go to store and ask for a bottle of applejack

• Brohoof 1

http://dubthedew.com/gallery-of-names/

Yes, you heard me correctly everypony! Mountain Dew is holding a "Dub the Dew" competition to see what the fans want their new Apple-flavored Mountain Dew called. Obviously, 4chan and other troll sources have put names like "Sour Puss", "Dat Apple", and "Potato" into the Top 10. However, Applejack is currently residing at Number Two on the leaderboards, and can easily be pushed into the Number One spot over "meany greeny". While competition looks fierce, aforementioned troll names will most likely NOT be accepted. So help out everypony, to ponify Mountain Dew!

POTATO?!!!!

Forget Applejack, Potato has to win..... vote for potato guys, that's the real deal

in case AJ wins, I guess that'd be good enough love from the fandom xD